VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress Thread: Sheppy1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(26:th-Jan-2016, 23:06:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26:th-Jan-2016, 22:51:39)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]Ah right I see, I thought you had armrest and swapped sit for a leather one! Haha what a chow on mate!
Yeah I got led desoldered but could I hell get new one to stay on... @Jonathaneuk is helping me tomorrow morning lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said hot air was better than soldering iron.

Nice one looks much better, the handle just pulls off.

I know but couldn't afford one of those!

So even though I failed quote badly... I like my near centre console with arm rest [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] hehe.

Have ordered a gearstick off eBay which I'll take apart for the gator I need and the handle I need

[Image: 2cb6d3cf7f5add366efa8f8b53fe3f72.jpg]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Oh, this is the old console I went all hulk on...

[Image: 417a7ec96c0250d71a510fe6f5cc14ca.jpg]

[Image: 18c28ede92e9b2de2dc0e2cf04b138a4.jpg]

The stupid side panels around the dash/radio console thing aren't completely flush but I'll sort those another day! Ha

Well we managed to get some LEDs soldered but what a chow on it is doing the under door handle lights. And taking apart the headlight switch haha @tonto

Haha the headlight switch was eventful, took a while to unclip, then springs went flying and then @Jonathaneuk decided to throw it at the table
We done window switches and Powerfold mirror switch. Attempted ambient door lights but they're getting sent down to Baz haha

window switches and mirror switch looks awesome though !!

Yeah they do, can wait until it's dark to check headlights and window switches Smile

(27:th-Jan-2016, 16:27:50)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]Haha the headlight switch was eventful, took a while to unclip, then springs went flying and then @Jonathaneuk decided to throw it at the table
We done window switches and Powerfold mirror switch. Attempted ambient door lights but they're getting sent down to Baz haha

Hahahaha yep! That's something that would happen to me too! Everything breaks, get pissed off etc. lol

I'm having a strange issue here guys...When I put the new dipped beam bulbs in they worked fine and then after a few drives I got an error saying "check right dipped beam" now I sent the bulbs back as they arrived rattling around the packet anyway and got a fresh set (same model) put those in about a week ago, no error message...all of a sudden today i get the same error again! both times the bulbs were fine though, hadn't gone off, weren't flickering..nothing...anyone know why this is happening and only the right bulb?
what is the wattage of the bulbs are they 35w or 55w
also recheck connectors
They're 55w mate and the connectors are 100% secure and the bulbs are tightly fitted, properly checked after it happened last time...rusty said it may be because they're 55w but odd the car is only moaning about the right one...
I agree you should have 35w
I had 55w MTEC bulbs fitted for ages without issues, it won't be that causing the issue.
Very odd then! That was the holder I was tugging on for ages trying to get the old bulb out but nothing seems damaged! I'll have to ask vx to look at it I guess...

Anyone know if the diffuser can be removed from the limited edition model and put on my standard model?

[Image: f39fd1c4c86078647bc2bccb99673651.jpg]

@tucpal @rusty2009 said you may know...

Ta

another option is this diffuser but i have seen them alot cheaper than this

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoi...r-lip.html
Oh wow! That looks awesome! So you seen them on ebay or something for less? What about the one I linked too, any idea if it would fit as I think I can get it cheap

no idea on the genuine one sorry,
(28:th-Jan-2016, 14:47:08)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if the diffuser can be removed from the limited edition model and put on my standard model?

[Image: f39fd1c4c86078647bc2bccb99673651.jpg]

@tucpal @rusty2009 said you may know...

Ta

there are two types facelift and pre facelift rear spoilers 
that is the facelift rear spoiler so it will only fit a face lift car
due to the toe eye cover being in a different position from the pre facelift 
yes it will fit if you have a facelift model car
other wise you need a pre facelift one they both look the same
apart from the pre face lift one does not have the three diffuser bits on it
Oh brill! Thanks for all that info mate! I didn't know any of that. Mines the face lift too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I've offered him some money for just the diffuser anyway... Any idea if they can be swapped without removing the bumper?

Ta

it can if he removes it without damaging it as it is bonded on
He won't part with it anyway [PENSIVE FACE]

The diffuser that is and I don't have 100 quid spare just for one of those if I was to buy the bumper and diffuser

It does come off but I haven't seen one yet that hasn't lost a clip or two in the process.
If the clips break you can just tiger seal it on but it'll never come off again! I'm after one for mine too if I see a black one on the bay.
Thanks chaps [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I'll have to keep a lookout for just a diffuser. On another not the handbrake I bought to strip down for its gator and handle came today [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Installed the gator:
[Image: 6c8a892d5404580cd11639d0e52f526d.jpg]

Got the handle off it but just need to swap it with my damaged one now [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: d07dd1ab469459671903a4ca044ca383.jpg]

Nice.. You work hard with your car.

It is as it should be.
(28:th-Jan-2016, 20:38:21)hejhopp123 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.. You work hard with your car.

It is as it should be.
Cheers mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I do spend a lot of time and money on my car but I really enjoy it too which is great! It's my hobby [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(27:th-Jan-2016, 14:06:54)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]The stupid side panels around the dash/radio console thing aren't completely flush but I'll sort those another day! Ha

If you're referring to the ones that are to the left of your feet when driving then mine were the same. When I took the dash apart for the LED conversion it popped off when I was pushing everything back together, I put it back but it wasn't flush so I booted it and it fixed it... much to the amusement of my uncle
Hahahaha give it a good boot! Fixes most things [WINKING FACE] but yeah, thing is it's perfectly.. Ermmm... Not flush on both sides so it looks like that's the way it's supposed to be haha

Thanks to rusty for the badges! Just installed the black CDTI badge and the elite badges [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: 0b08707af3ea76b5a6675f85ffae95b6.jpg]

[Image: 8c19985132fe117f7fc111f98c1d6c30.jpg]

And the new non wrecked hand brake handle! This was a bugger to get off in the car! Ha

[Image: f87c056fa3407a320c27c28740e9e1ce.jpg]

[Image: 35cdf34d8328fef80b569aa25a994673.jpg]

I see getting the Mrs to sit on lap did the trick then :-p

Looking good mate now you just need to get everything else fitted to make it a proper elite.

Sure did! She gave the nob a good yank and a twist and it worked a charm! Wink hahahaha

Yeaaahhh I know, I thought if i put the badge on then it will make me wanna finish the job lol

In all honesty... I just twatted it with that rusty wrench you can see I'm the back of the pic hahaha

My next few mods are gonna be more adventurous! Looking to do rear electric windows, DAB with Ariel in the rear glass and also some sort of media system... Would say Navi retrofit but Andy from VX mods has given up doing these now so we are all fooked

Only thing is, is the car vision kit but it has a lot of mixed reviews. It's oem look too. I'm personally going to try and go for the pioneer unit or similar with Apple CarPlay!

How do you go about even installing one of those apple or Android pioneer things?

(29:th-Jan-2016, 21:06:23)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you go about even installing one of those apple or Android pioneer things?

There is a how-to in the how-to section

(29:th-Jan-2016, 21:14:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29:th-Jan-2016, 21:06:23)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you go about even installing one of those apple or Android pioneer things?

There is a how-to in the how-to section

Yikes!! That looks complex! Ha. If I want this...I'm going down the car vision kit route so I don't have to mess around with getting a new console surround thing and all that...however, £500 is stupidly expensive! Especially when Andy was doing the factory Navi for something like £350 when he WAS doing it..
If it was easy enough to get navi retrofit I'd definitely do that but most new head units come with Apple CarPlay so just connects to phone and you get calls, texts, maps etc

(29:th-Jan-2016, 21:50:00)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]If it was easy enough to get navi retrofit I'd definitely do that but most new head units come with Apple CarPlay so just connects to phone and you get calls, texts, maps etc

I was offered the Navi system from Andy lash year but was skint so couldn't do it... Now he's stopped doing the retrofits [PENSIVE FACE] I may see what you do then and copy ya [WINKING FACE] ha

Hehe no bother but it won't be anytime soon I'm afraid. I keep changing my mind what I want to do next!!
Macauley Osbourne and Joshua McCulloch both have the pioneer units in!

(29:th-Jan-2016, 22:21:36)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe no bother but it won't be anytime soon I'm afraid. I keep changing my mind what I want to do next!!
Macauley Osbourne and Joshua McCulloch both have the pioneer units in!

Hahaha you're the same as me! I keep flitting between wanting DAB or a new head unit of some sort! Just dunno what... Are they on this forum mate?

I'm not sure I've tried getting them to sign up lol, they're on Facebook page Astra J/GTC though

Just don't buy from car vision you can pick the same units up for half the price on eBay aliexpress.
Oh okay! Thanks @rusty2009 I'll check out AliExpress then [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] wouldn't know how to fit the thing though (unless it's the same as the tut you did). @tonto fair doos! I'll contact them when I am really looking anyway... Haven't really got the cash atm, they're just ideas

[Image: 60bdae24f38fbbac390af20d947afca0.jpg]

Door pins arrived from AliExpress today [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] rally pleased with the quality! All made from solid metal and have a nice chrome shine to them. Same as the 15 quid ones from eBay but these were 3 quid delivered!

Will fit them soon and get more pics

I actually have some of these on order from aliexpress too! How long did delivery take?

You'll be impressed with them mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] and tool 13 days all in which is good I think

They from China? That's where mine are coming from. Not in a rush for them just curious Smile yeah the pictures they look awesome and no point in paying the £15 odd from eBay.

The ones from eBay are the same ones anyway... People buy hundreds of things from AliExpress and then list them on ebay for triple the price...

But yeah that's from China [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Haha that's not a bad idea, make money towards retrofits lmao.

Hahaha I cba having hundreds of random bits lying around and having to go the post office every day after work to ship stuff off to make 6 or so quid lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36