VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress Thread: Sheppy1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 15:36:01)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]Cool ?

Yeaaahhh now to wait a week for this wiring to turn up!!! Ha. Tried my local VX and they said they didn't have one and that they couldn't find any within the country!!!

for the rear door card led strips, do I just run the wire from the door card, through the rubber boot, down to the side plastic trim and along it then up to the front door rubber boot and in there? or is there an easier way?

ta
My baby has had her first clean in months! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: 04f431512b2ce0627401e4381bcbfdb5.jpg]

[Image: de3876029eba22e1061abe747ff50610.jpg]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Here we clean ourselfs before Yule... not after.

Nice car.
Haha makes sense! The grit all over the roads ruined it but I couldn't stand seeing it filthy any longer!! Cheers mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

very nice mate and yes there is no easy way just take your time
Thanks @tucpal Smile believe it or not I was really peed off with my car a year back and with how much stuff it didn't have, almost swapped it...but now after all my mods etc. I bloody love it!!! Ha.

I have just bought an official centre console with arm rest too to replace my standard one which has a 3rd party arm rest
Did your car not even have an arm rest as standard?! Blimey
Nope! [PENSIVE FACE]

(23:rd-Jan-2016, 21:13:06)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @tucpal Smile believe it or not I was really peed off with my car a year back and with how much stuff it didn't have, almost swapped it...but now after all my mods etc. I bloody love it!!! Ha.

I have just bought an official centre console with arm rest too to replace my standard one which has a 3rd party arm rest

Now you just gotta learn to drive it in snow Couch Rotfl

On a more important note thou glad your loving your J..
(24:th-Jan-2016, 10:04:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23:rd-Jan-2016, 21:13:06)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @tucpal Smile believe it or not I was really peed off with my car a year back and with how much stuff it didn't have, almost swapped it...but now after all my mods etc. I bloody love it!!! Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not important, I can drive it in the rain and that's all that matters in the UK haha.

Thanks for all your help anyway mate with everything! She's almost perfect now [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(24:th-Jan-2016, 10:19:21)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not important, I can drive it in the rain and that's all that matters in the UK haha.

Thanks for all your help anyway mate with everything! She's almost perfect now

It appears there will always be something you want to do. It wont be long before you start to turn her info a K.

My long term mod which I'll try and pick parts up for over the next year or so (have too much stuff I need to pay for this year hence it being a long term mod) is rear electric windows [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(24:th-Jan-2016, 10:29:05)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]
(24:th-Jan-2016, 10:19:21)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for all your help anyway mate with everything! She's almost perfect now

It appears there will always be something you want to do. It wont be long before you start to turn her info a K.

See my latest post... Hahaha. Also have my thinking there... Think the bumper from a K would fit my J?? [WINKING FACE] haha

no it won't ha ha
So I've just bought my very first air filter! Go me! Ha. Went for the K&N one in the end and got it at a good price! Fingers crossed it doesn't cause MAF issues which some people report..

I have no issues with my K&N

No issues with my k&n mate

Great news then! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] got it new off Amazon for 35 quid too which is great I think!

Good price I had to pay £54 also got the oil kit for £15 at the same time.
I paid £44 I think, I didn't get the oil kit though

Is it supposed to come with the oil kit or is that just for when the oil needs refreshing/changing on it?
No doesn't come with it that's for when it needs cleaning and re-oiling, I got it at the same time so I have it here ready.
ahhhh brill, just checked amazon and it would have been £49 for the filter and the oil...I'll get the oil closer to the time I need it Smile

I'll stick the sticker on the filter box too about it not needing to be replaced etc. as i don't want VX whizzing it! Ha.

So is it just disconnect the air pipe, then undo the screws around the actual black cover to get to the filter or is there something more?
I only undone the screws, popped old out and new in and screwed back down

Oh right! So didn't even need to take the pipe off?

Nope never touched it mate

@tucpal as I know he did it on his Astra but anyone else can chip in if they like!

Is there a method for getting this plug/grommet out of the door frame?

[Image: cb2efc91a5bf3d5cd94257e543a0614d.jpg]

Tried everything and it doesn't wanna budge and just feels like it will snap! Trying to wire rear leds from rear door cards to the front of the car

It looks like it will push into the car judging by the way the tab on the top is positioned

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what I thought! But if that was the case then how would I get it out again?

Push down the clip on the top think there is one at bottom and it pushes into the door

Oh right!! Okay, I'll give that a go then! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] so it pulls back out then easy enough does it?

Yep

Result! Can do my dear door card LEDs when I get a min [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] cheers

You were right about it pushing in [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] also my centre console arrived! All looks mint except the scrappies managed to break a bracket of some sort under the cup holder section inside... Not sure what it was for! Rusty said it will be fine so yeah, looks like I'm onto a winner here [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: 70ea9f8fe9219975a602ef34c2fadab2.jpg]

[Image: e653c967d35cd76d3e5a7ff39655eff1.jpg]

Broken bracket

[Image: f8d0ddde6ec117f8506a4e1b5312afe0.jpg]

scrappy's you gotta love them haha

nice mate you will have any missing clips etc on your other one
now go and fit it
What you mean mate about the missing clips? And gonna have to do it at the weekend I think...

Oh yeah I get what you mean! Don't think there are any clips tbh... Just screws isn't it and the two front clips which hold it to the centre console

Thats alot of cup holders. Party time.

No drinking & drive.
Really annoyed, long story, broke things in the old one and scratched my hands to shiz... Here's the new one in the car..

[Image: 8c9f3dca7c4aa60f47eeaef3c86dc3fd.jpg]

[Image: d1dacf4e958f7d60ebe0292088628bb2.jpg]

Need new gator and handbrake handle

Well done mate, what you broken? Also is there meant to be a gap between handbrake gaitor and trim?

I snapped all the original one getting it off which wasn't an issue, I also wrecked the underside of the handbrake handle! Unsure if it can be changed without changing the whole hand brake [PENSIVE FACE] thanks though

[Image: 55b60a7ad20998d3299c7fa20e1a5f6f.jpg]

Ah nightmare mate, hopefully it'll not be as noticeable if you clean it!

Well it's on the underside which is good but it's annoying me [PENSIVE FACE]. My hands are a mess, I literally snapped the other one in two I was getting so annoyed that I couldn't get it off!

Haha I'm laughing but I would be the same, how one you changed it all over? Yeah at least it's not visible!

What you mean mate? And I felt like crying...I was ***** so annoyed!
I said haha but I would have been shouting and swearing at it too.

Why did you change the centre over? You could have just swapped leather armrest yeah?
You sound like me when I tried soldering earlier...

Hahaha why how did that go? And because I never had a console with an arm rest... The arm rest I had was a screw in third party one... So I got the centre console which is about as hard to find as Rocking horse ***** and then had to swap the whole lot over...

Ah right I see, I thought you had armrest and swapped sit for a leather one! Haha what a chow on mate!
Yeah I got led desoldered but could I hell get new one to stay on... @Jonathaneuk is helping me tomorrow morning lol.

(26:th-Jan-2016, 22:51:39)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]Ah right I see, I thought you had armrest and swapped sit for a leather one! Haha what a chow on mate!
Yeah I got led desoldered but could I hell get new one to stay on... @Jonathaneuk is helping me tomorrow morning lol.

I said hot air was better than soldering iron.

Nice one looks much better, the handle just pulls off.

We will sort it tomorrow @tonto Big grin

Thanks @rusty2009 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] bet I end up cracking my wind screen or something taking the handbrake rubber off haha

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36