Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to ipc hidden options turn dash how on

HOW-TO Turn on hidden options on IPC (DASH)
(29:th-Dec-2016, 12:23:05)Richard Foley Wrote: Hi im a new member with a sports tourer in tyne and wear area, is ther anyone close that could turn on my trip computer.

Hey, good to see another Northerner on here. Jon us on our Facebook group and get yourself along to our meets. - VXOC Astra J UK

anywhere in the west mids that can do this?
Is there a way to get just the trip on its own? I have the display type like in the first post.

Also what is aux menu display?
(19:th-Jan-2017, 22:42:47)Badenj Wrote: Is there a way to get just the trip on its own? I have the display type like in the first post.

Also what is aux menu display?

Yes it can be done.

Aux is meant to display if the AUX has something plugged in but it never worked on mine so turned it off.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Which one has to be turned on to get just the trip.

By the way rusty. Will book a date with you end of month for Bluetooth etc to be fitted.
(20:th-Jan-2017, 09:52:37)Badenj Wrote: Which one has to be turned on to get just the trip.

By the way rusty. Will book a date with you end of month for Bluetooth etc to be fitted.

What are you using to turn them on?

Ok no worries.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I have vaux-com. Mechanic mate of mine has it.

He's currently waiting to get a replacement tech 2
Ok I'll double check my steps and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks rusty!! Top geeza.
Just to let you know rusty I had already activated it lol

It came up as distance to destination which counts down till you reach zero.

But if you leave it as 0 it acts as the trip. Lol
Thanks for the guide Rusty, I used vauxcom/opcom to enable this on my 13 2.0 cdti 165 gtc. Worked a treat.
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs
Hello!

I have a 2010 Astra J and I would like to ask you something. I have this screen. Can I activate or change it to this screen?

Thanks!
(9:th-Mar-2017, 11:00:47)tolias63 Wrote: Hello!

I have a 2010 Astra J and I would like to ask you something. I have this screen. Can I activate or change it to this screen?

Thanks!

TBH it depends on a few factors, one what engine you have what cruise control switch you have etc. there are also other things that need to be taken in account footlights TPMS etc etc.

It's not a simple plug and play job and it's not just a case of programming them. 

I'm the only person who knows how to do it that is willing to do it, once I've done my part it then becomes plug & play to your car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Can you do this for insignia's too?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
(9:th-Mar-2017, 14:03:41)courtneyg Wrote: Can you do this for insignia's too?

Do you mean an IPC upgrade or just turning on hidden menus?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Mar-2017, 18:16:05)Rusty2009 Wrote:

So I currently have the basic information as per my pics. Can I get the extra screens like oil level or would the actual hardware need changing?

(10:th-Mar-2017, 19:57:15)courtneyg Wrote:
(10:th-Mar-2017, 18:16:05)Rusty2009 Wrote:

So I currently have the basic information as per my pics. Can I get the extra screens like oil level or would the actual hardware need changing?

That would be a new cluster with the larger display.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah so the display itself would need to be replaced? Is that a difficult job?

(11:th-Mar-2017, 09:30:26)courtneyg Wrote: Ah so the display itself would need to be replaced? Is that a difficult job?

It's not difficult if you know what your doing.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Evening all. I have a 2014 astra with small display (mileage and oil) do you know anyone in the Cambridge area who can unlock or do i need to travel?
(29:th-Mar-2017, 22:13:58)Flipt86 Wrote: Evening all. I have a 2014 astra with small display (mileage and oil) do you know anyone in the Cambridge area who can unlock or do i need to travel?

You would have to travel.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(30:th-Mar-2017, 07:33:31)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(29:th-Mar-2017, 22:13:58)Flipt86 Wrote: Evening all. I have a 2014 astra with small display (mileage and oil) do you know anyone in the Cambridge area who can unlock or do i need to travel?

Where to?
(31:st-Mar-2017, 18:26:48)Flipt86 Wrote:
(30:th-Mar-2017, 07:33:31)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Where to?

I would be your closet in Bournemouth
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi all i am new to this forum

I have 2012 gtc sport with small trip computer only showing oil and mileage, i would like to have mpg etc is there anyone close to north wales?
Thanks
(2:nd-Apr-2017, 16:59:59)Shaunw22 Wrote: Hi all i am new to this forum

I have 2012 gtc sport with small trip computer only showing oil and mileage, i would like to have mpg etc is there anyone close to north wales?
Thanks

Liverpool
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009, i am in southampton, when would i be able to come to you so you can enable trip computer. i have astra J 2011 with big display. I currently have menu1- trip 1/trip2/mph and menu 2 unit selection/oil level. Please could you contact me to arrange a date. Thanks
Hello, I am new to this forum and I live in Warrington. Would anyone with a Vaux-com be able to sort me out? It would be much appreciated, Cheers in advance. Ryan
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 15:20:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: What display do you have?
I charge £15.

Wear are you based?
(28:th-Jun-2017, 22:55:44)pinny_98 Wrote:
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 15:20:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: What display do you have?
I charge £15.

Wear are you based?

Bournemouth
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty do you know if anyone tried dumping the firmware on the upper combi display?
What's involved with the IPC upgrade besides rebuilding the EEPROM?
Yep I've got loads of dumps, you can't put onto a up level display it won't work.

I'm not saying anything publicly how its done, no one would help me when I was looking into it so I'm not going to talk about it in public.

Even if I did share the info TBH there would have to be a very strict understanding that the info is not to passed on to anyone in public or private.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Why is it not possible, are the mcu's different or also the pcb?
(10:th-Sep-2016, 11:37:42)tucpal Wrote: also just a heads up when activating the hidden menus
avoid the compass setting it does nothing and by activating it
i lost my nav direction arrow menu

Hi all,

This happen to me as well...can someone help me put it back? I tried to remove the settings but no luck...

Regards,
Nuno
How do you get the flags one on if you can ?

Morning guys..I'm new around here and i just buy a little astra Sri from 2010.
I have the a little question I have the option with full parking assist on the car but when they are activated I don't see them in the dash I just here them sound. I have the big screen and the options are the same like Tucpal. 
It's anybody around stoke to help me change the options from the dash ?
 Thanx
Sounds like it's not been setup properly or is they are aftermarket sensors?

To check the IPC is setup properly it would have to be done with MDI.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think there are the original sensors. Can you tell me where can i setup them ?
Wondering about this on a meriva,
i've been playing with up-level ipc's, when i had one off a 2013 meriva, i corrupted the eeprom and it gave me every single menu.. a jump start one etc,

But it had things i liked, showing the speed the cruise control was set to, having 2 bits of info on one screen (instant and average mpg) etc

But the 2010 ipc i have froma euro meriva is very basic, just the 7 screens, and 3 on the vehicle menu. and i've selected every option i have available on the Tech2's program and setup and config modes,

I'm wondering, as i use globaltis 32b which has the software upto 2012, could that be the issue? i need to get later software for the IPC somehow?
or do i need a later IPC to get the extra screens?

I've also just re-instated the front and rear park pilot on my car, i set it to present in the BCM and the IPC... hoping the IPC one would get me the display of the sensors... but nope,
only thing i got new was when i added the TIM, and i get an option to turn the park assist sensors off on the radio, or have them on, or on with the towbar inserted.
Do you have a parking sensor button on the dash?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I do, it works... press it and when i slow to below 5mph, the buttons light comes on and front sensors are working, same after reversing for a short while fronts are on till i go over 5mph,

but i only get the beeps, higher pitched one for front sensors,
i did kinda expect the beeps to be played over the speakers, as in rear sensors play over the rear speakers, and left sensor beeps louder on left speaker, but i guess it's not that clever.

only thing i get in the IPC display is '' parking assist off ! " when i press the front button again. and occasionally i get a 'service parking assist' i need to do a DTC read, but my Tech2 is at home and i'm on the other side of the country with my GF... but i wonder if it might be the rear sensors as the outer ones arent sitting out flush with the bumper, they sit in a little.
No all the warning sounds etc come through the right dash tweeter (on the J) or left one for LHD.

As for the display I'm guessing you have set the option up setup & config of the IPC?

I know some have no visual display, some have front only & others have front and rear, it's a very strange setup by Vauxhall.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I only get front on mine and they are factory fit.

Be nice to have both though
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
New to this, anyone Manchester/Northwest do this and how much? I have smaller screen in 12plate 1.4vvt, wouldnt mind larger one to be honest. Cheers
Hi there

My car only has the very basic display in the middle. I don't even have average MPG, real time MPG, or miles left on what is in the tank or miles on a full tank. Can mine be activated to get all this info, I know my Mokka had all of this on the small screen.
Any help appreciated.
(11:th-Nov-2018, 21:41:17)ericzed1962 Wrote: Hi there

My car only has the very basic display in the middle. I don't even have average MPG, real time MPG, or miles left on what is in the tank or miles on a full tank. Can mine be activated to get all this info, I know my Mokka had all of this on the small screen.
Any help appreciated.

You can get a few extras on the small screen but not many.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It's for Navigation units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
There is newer software but it costs and means flashing the opcom into a HQ-clone of course this depends which op-com you have.

In terms of doing the menus though you can use 2014 to turn on/off the menus.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hello everyone,
Something weird happened to me:
I had all the same screens, that are in first post, plus Eco menu, but wanted more.
I used my unoriginal Op-Com, added "present" on some options, that I wanted like shown in same post, and now only those new options active. I can see battery voltage, timer, etc. But all original "divided" screens are now gone. And also there is no more Eco menu at all. No upshifting warnings, nothing.
When I go to Eco menu, screen just turns off completely.
I tried to go back to original settings, putting everything to "present" and to "not present", but nothing brings back the original screens.
Maybe someone can help me out and tell what happened, and how to fix it? It's really annoying...
Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get an OPCOM that will just work without having to mess with its firmwear etc ?
Thanks in advance
(30:th-Aug-2021, 20:54:33)Rowan1108 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get an OPCOM that will just work without having to mess with its firmwear etc ?
Thanks in advance

https://www.op-com.co.uk/shop/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swap astra J dash display chrisscruton 6 7,998 25:th-Mar-2019, 10:16:12
Last Post: chrisscruton
  Hidden menus CD500,600,800,900 tucpal 4 21,200 2:nd-Apr-2014, 18:10:23
Last Post: Lewis6317

Who read this thread?
13 User(s) read this thread:
leeso (27:th-Jun-2023, 12:04:00), Cozzer1990 (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:30:11), Collie (8:th-Jan-2024, 19:39:47), pr0xibus (8:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:39), exhippykev (4:th-Jul-2023, 20:20:39), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:28:09), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:51:12), Lito4h (25:th-Nov-2023, 09:36:16), iNeoTom (11:th-Mar-2024, 20:44:39), wampiros6 (7:th-Feb-2024, 23:07:08), meriva_turbo (10:th-Mar-2024, 01:09:31), Bernhard_Van_t_Slot (17:th-Mar-2024, 20:33:58), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:33:52)