Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
ecu fuses?? or fuse

ECU fuse or fuses??
does anyone know how many fuses are fitted in the fuse box for the ECU on the 5-door J? am I right in thinking its fuse no.1 and fuse no.15?? anyone know why two fuses are referenced???

Thanks
here you go whats up mate

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses
I was just about to link to that lol but yes fuse 1 & 15 anything wrong?

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
just going to reset the ecu and see if I can get rid of a slight pinking at around 1300/1400 rpm...think it is more heat related to be honest as the hotter the air temperature the worse it sounds...its a long shot, but got fobbed off at dealers, so if it doesn't work then I know a good garage that will investigate further.
by way do you know what fuse 1 is for and what fuse 15 is for?? and dont say ecu
probably best to get that looked at with the proper tech then
you may need to remove 53 as well
tucpal Wrote:probably best to get that looked at with the proper tech then

thats what I think, cant believe dealers, one of their guys came for a drive and just said 'cant believe your bothered about that, its nothing, if it was a problem you would get a MIL light'....not impressed but then again it is the dealers
tucpal Wrote:you may need to remove 53 as well

53 not fitted in mine :eek
Some models will have fuses others don't mate. It all depends on engine and options fitted.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
cheers guys....great info as always will keep you informed on how we go with this little problem...
Rather than remove the fuses why not pull the neg off the battery and leave it for a few hours, will give the same result.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hasnt made any difference....looks like a trip to local garage for a second opinion

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Possible to install boot fuse board? Find_By_SQL 3 2,191 3:rd-Jul-2020, 07:44:19
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear Fuse Box sheppy1 4 4,476 19:th-Feb-2015, 05:04:23
Last Post: tucpal
  Fuses richje100 4 4,330 31:st-Dec-2014, 18:37:53
Last Post: Rusty2009