Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
with system infinty aftermarket headunit

Aftermarket Headunit with Infinty System

I bought one of those Tesla style headunits a year or so ago, tried fitting it but never managed to get it working properly so it's sat in the garage ever since. From memory (its been a while) all the connectors connected fine and it powered up etc, but there was two problems I could not fix

1. Bluetooth never seemed to connect up

2. The main one, I could never get sound to work. Back then I did do some reading up and found the amp needs switching on which meant connecting a wire from someone (again this was a long time ago now), for example pin 47 or something like that, I did this but still never managed to get it to work.

Has there been anyone else fit a headunit with the Infinity system in their GTC? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Any help would be much appreciated and sorry for the vague descriptions, I have not tried since as I know without a new plan of attack I won't get any further than I did last time.
the wake up signal would already be fitted, unless they have moved the remote wake wire on the Tesla unit.

I've never been a fan of the BT on the Chinese unit.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi, i have a 2013 Astra J GTC with Navi 900 and infinity sound system.
Do you think that a tesla android unit will function in my Car?
Do you guys know how to wire the original infinity sound system?
For example this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000859772328.html
(12:th-Jun-2020, 18:03:23)SoulSlayerPT Wrote: Hi, i have a 2013 Astra J GTC with Navi 900 and infinity sound system.
Do you think that a tesla android unit will function in my Car?
Do you guys know how to wire the original infinity sound system?
For example this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000859772328.html

Infinity sound is wired to the exact same out puts as normal speakers only difference is it runs from radio to amp amp to speakers.

So it should work no problems I'd always recommend you speak to the seller of the item and ask.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP PLEASE - Service Vehicle Charging System Vx-Mad-G 24 17,081 14:th-Oct-2020, 08:44:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No radio signal on android headunit scotchmist67 17 12,456 3:rd-May-2017, 19:13:08
Last Post: burnsy
  Not Starting on first turn and Service Theft Deterrent System Vx-Mad-G 5 18,309 30:th-Jan-2017, 13:07:31
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Service Deterrent System Issue Vx-Mad-G 7 10,004 13:th-Dec-2016, 16:22:27
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
marktourino (29:th-Jun-2023, 20:39:33), airainchoc (23:rd-Jun-2023, 10:35:58), Phild500 (2:nd-Oct-2023, 11:41:08), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 12:40:24)