Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
starting system first deterrent turn service and not theft on

Not Starting on first turn and Service Theft Deterrent System
Hi Guys,

Need your help folks.

A month or so ago, I was getting a random "Service Theft Deterrent System" message coming up randomly and my start/stop wasnt working.

So googled it and everything pointed towards a dodgy battery, especially as the start/stop want working.

Anyway, I replaced the battery for another good second hand one and low & behold, the start/stop started working so that nailed that S/S problem. However randomly I was still getting a "Service Theft Deterrent System" message.

Anyway, over the last week or so, on startup the car wont turn and the same "Service Theft Deterrent System" pops up. You take the key out and try again and we are absolutely fine with no message. If you simply turn the key to off and the turn it wont start, you have to take the key out completely. However, I have also noticed now that my start/stop has again stopped working again since this issue has started.

So, any pointers please? Cannot be another dodgy battery can it?

Any help appreciated.

With regards,
G.
I only had this happen once no idea what caused it.

My advice is to plug it on and see if any error codes are stored.

Other than try changing battery's in the fobs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks. With regards to the fob, thats exactly what someone else advised, so we're trying the spare key currently. Will report back how this performs. Fingers crossed.
Update. So I have been running the car for over a week now with the second key and not had the same problem.

So although the issue seems to have gone away, whats wrong with the original key?
Did you change the battery in the original key?

Failing that you could try reprogramming all keys.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
It went for a service, and apparently the battery was changed, makes me think now that it wasnt!! Ill try that - but not confident reprogramming the key myself, in case I brick the whole thing!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abs light and service esp warning 1 week before MOT [emoji24] Sc0tty05 5 9,441 24:th-Nov-2020, 18:25:28
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  HELP PLEASE - Service Vehicle Charging System Vx-Mad-G 24 17,043 14:th-Oct-2020, 08:44:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
Aftermarket Headunit with Infinty System tez162003 3 2,948 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:37:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Service power steering warning light. R4hulb 4 13,439 23:rd-Mar-2018, 13:01:58
Last Post: R4hulb
  Service ESP Help! bradleyy_ev 6 24,269 17:th-Feb-2018, 13:06:09
Last Post: bradleyy_ev
  Service Deterrent System Issue Vx-Mad-G 7 9,981 13:th-Dec-2016, 16:22:27
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Xeni (6:th-Jul-2023, 02:15:56)