Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
issue system deterrent service

Service Deterrent System Issue
Hi guys,

Quick question, this morning I had the service deterrent system message come up after 3 startups.

Now after reading many messages, this indicates that the battery is goosed.

My start stopto hasnt worked sinceout I bought the car about a month ago.

All this indicates battery from what everyone tells me.

So questions are which please help me with....
a) is it definately my battery that is knackered??
b) I have been advised that as its stop/start I need a gel battery.
c) if I need a gel battery, what would happen if I put a normal one in?

Thanks.
First thing I would do is have the battery tested and the alternator.

Having stop/start you need a battery that covers stop/start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I suspect battery, and my friend who worked for Vauxhall also said I bet your battery is on its way out as my S/S isnt working.

I have bought another good second hand battery at the weekend, will stick that in next week and see how it goes.

Who can do me a free battery test? i dont have one of them meter things.
A1motor stores aka motabitz.

Halfords

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Took it to Kwuk fit today, showing as 54% life remaining fit cranking cycle. Still pumping out 12.3v, sound right?
Battery replaced and all seems OK. The only thing I would say is that the message still came up the next day, does it need time to clear out fo the memory? Start Stop now works!
Codes will auto clear after x amount of successful starts with the fault not being present. But it should be popping up unless the fault is still there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-Dec-2016, 15:08:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: Codes will auto clear after x amount of successful starts with the fault not being present. But it should be popping up unless the fault is still there.

Ill have to get my out of date version of opcom out and read the codes.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abs light and service esp warning 1 week before MOT [emoji24] Sc0tty05 5 9,447 24:th-Nov-2020, 18:25:28
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  HELP PLEASE - Service Vehicle Charging System Vx-Mad-G 24 17,055 14:th-Oct-2020, 08:44:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
Aftermarket Headunit with Infinty System tez162003 3 2,951 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:37:37
  B393B-04 air con issue scotchmist67 1 6,682 24:th-Mar-2018, 22:56:45
  Service power steering warning light. R4hulb 4 13,455 23:rd-Mar-2018, 13:01:58
Last Post: R4hulb
  Service ESP Help! bradleyy_ev 6 24,276 17:th-Feb-2018, 13:06:09
Last Post: bradleyy_ev
  Not Starting on first turn and Service Theft Deterrent System Vx-Mad-G 5 18,299 30:th-Jan-2017, 13:07:31
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 06:14:21)