Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
ecu 2012 cdti 7 1 96kw

ECU 1.7 CDTI 2012 96kw
Hi There,

I search on this forum about this issue, i don't know if it's common or not i couldn't find any answer.
I own an Astra J Hatchback 1.7 CDTI 96kw 131hp 2012 (A17DTF) with ECU ACDelco AA6P 55584315.

I got 2 main errors prompted on OPCOM and also on other diag tools.
P261A -- Low voltage on Auxiliary Water Pump Circuit (this was the first time i diagnosticated the problem on a service with a delphi tool) 
P067A -- cylinder*4 glow plug control circuit low voltage

Additional
P268A -- i changed the fuel injectors and couldn't learn the low pressure values because i have DTC errors that i cannot solve.

It does quite a lot of DPF regen , i counted like 4-5 cold starts(60-100km) will bring an DPF regen this when outside it's under 4 celsius grades.
During the summer it's the same just it increases the count of cold starts , like 10 (100-150km) .
On tester when i go to DPF regen it's saying that last regen was 480+ km ago and the average of regens/km is also this high. I don't understand why . 
During the regeneration it has a lot of emissions and white smoke with very pronounced smell of CO2 , it lasts for like  5 minutes and the instant consumption goes up to 2.0-2.2l / minute. 

Can this regen issue be caused by the 2 errors above (glow plug + water pump) ? i'm thinking due to the glow plug , the regen is incomplete everytime as it doesn't make enough compression ?

I didn't managed to change the water pump as the water temperature is stable at 90 grades celsius and it doesn't seem to get up to 90 very hard, so to me it works pretty good, didn't understand why the code says the fault it's on auxiliary water pump while the remedy is to change the main water pump (driven by the engine) (https://www.hella.com/techworld/uk/bi/Op...s-up-8824/)

After a while the glow plug error was prompted, bought a brand new BERU glow plug 4.4v with pressure sensor and replaced the cyl4 glow-plug , this didn't solved the issue , although i suspected this wasn't the issue , the service where i was to change the glow-plug  advised to check also the glow-plug harness. I also changed them and this issue wasn't solved, so i went to another service to verify the harness continuity and glow plugs again . The guy from the new service said that the continuity is ok but the ECU is not giving voltage on the pins for the 4th glow-plug and either for the pump.

Do you guys think this is possible? Have anybody met this situation ?

I mention that this car doesn't seem to be a regular one , it doesn't have the glow-plug module mounted on the battery tray , it has a lot of quite expensive parts that are hard to find and replace.

The engine water pump is around 330E
Glow plug is 100E
ECU is around 1250E

I don't want to change the ECU to find that will not solve the issue... plus that it's very hard to find someone that really knows what to do with the ECU.
I've called so many people to ask about this and almost everybody said that it's very difficult to clone the ECU and to pair with all modules, and it might include an IMM OFF , which i don't really understand why ...

Any advises from your part ?
I really like my car and i want to fix it.

Thanks and really appreciate for your time.
Glow plugs are only used to start the engine nothing more.

Have you put the fault codes into google to get the vauxhall workshop manual up this will give you guidance on working through the fault codes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(2:nd-Mar-2020, 21:12:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: Glow plugs are only used to start the engine nothing more.

Have you put the fault codes into google to get the vauxhall workshop manual up this will give you guidance on working through the fault codes.

Hi and thanks,

Yes , they are used to start when it's cold outside but also they are used to make compression when you need full power.
The injection system is Denso and also i documented about the Glow Plugs with sensor , the sensor reads the compression and it compensates the lack of compression when the case.
Perhaps that's why they placed the Glow Plugs with sensor in 1.7CDTI 131hp , as the ECU has an upgrade LPQ+1 and turbine it's a little bigger than usual.

The replacement of the Glow Plug and Glow Plug harness is not solving the issue. I saw a diagnostic of an Opel Insignia where the Auxiliary Water pump circuit brought an error code for Glow Plug also. Not sure what to think anymore.

Since there is no Glow Plug Control Module on the car, the controller is directly in the ECU. Not sure how to diagnose the ECU as there is nobody in my Town that is willing to check the PINs from the ECU.

Best Regards,
Alex
Im glad i have DTS engine. That mean regular glow plugs and no start stop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi 950 in 2012 Astra J GTC Hummelshøj 6 8,154 29:th-Jun-2016, 12:16:18
Last Post: Hummelshøj

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (26:th-Dec-2023, 13:22:33), Big Dave2 (1:st-May-2024, 11:04:06), Jpbroad1970 (4:th-Sep-2023, 07:19:30), Dominattor (4:th-Sep-2023, 01:16:08), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 12:52:48)