Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
amp wiring quickheat p i w

QuickHeat & wiring W.I.P.

<<<THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, THREAD WILL BE INCOMPLETE  AND MAY CONTAIN INVALID INFORMATION UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE>>>

*pictures belong to various Russian users of Drive2, these will be updated with my own pics or other members the moment i attempt this myself*
*This tutorial is for a LEFT HAND DRIVE Astsra. (steering wheel on the left)

Howdy folks,

During these winter days, i notice my vehicle is very slow to warm up.
As it's a diesel, it'll also clog up the DPF quickly if i leave it running overnight.

So there was a option called "Quickheat", which is basically a big electric heating element.
It turns on the moment your car is running and the heater dial is turned on. Quick-heat will help defrost when the outside temp is less than 13c
Once your vehicle is warmed up, Quick-heat will turn off and let the engine heat take over.

Checking if your vehicle is prepared:

-100A fuse:
A good way to check if your vehicle is prepared (full or half) is by checking if there is a 100a fuse located in the fusebox underneath your bonnet.
This can be connected to a wire or not, both indicate that the big 10mm² wiring is fitted in your vehicle.

Big plug:
If you have the 100a fuse above, chances are big that you'll have a big two Pin plug underneath your carpet.

Start by removing the lower left side kick panel on your dash.
It simply pulls off, help on by clips.
However there is one clasp you have to undo, it sits on the farthest end of the panel.
Slip your hand underneath the carpet and if you find a big connector (pictured below), you're in luck!
Your car is half or fully prepared for QuickHeat.

Control connector:
Along with the above mentioned connector, you also need the signal connector, this tells Quickheat to turn on or off.
Remove this side panel next to the glovebox, it pulls off...But it may be quite stiff.
Then remove the 4 screws that hold it the glovebox in place. The glovebox will simply pull out. (MIND THE LIGHT CONNECTOR)
Retrofitted:
Reverse Camera, Quick heat, Navi 950, dual horn, TPMS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tow bar wiring Dicko 57 38,615 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:25:45
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Front PDC Wiring leeso 1 1,946 15:th-Jan-2020, 19:43:02
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,423 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) gazz292 3 5,856 7:th-Feb-2018, 12:55:15
Last Post: gazz292
  Navi 900 to I-link/MyLink 950 Wiring diagram Tylerrattv 7 6,973 8:th-Sep-2017, 15:50:06
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (1:st-Nov-2023, 11:36:31), bill33 (28:th-Mar-2024, 19:34:37), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:07:18)