Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
battery esp draining service

Service ESP/battery draining
Hi people, I have astra j (62 plate, 5 door 1.7 diesel) 

Just wondering if other people have encountered 'service esp' issues or had problems where the car battery is draining and not able to start. 

I hard wired some footwell lights in using 12V port on astra J, this isn't a new thing I just replaced the old ones as they broke. Since then issues with car.

Local dealership have it now and at first they called me saying everything was fine and no faults but when they tried to take it off ramps would start and battery was dead. They checked battery and said its fine but something is draining it.

Wondering before they start asking for small mortgage to fix it anyone has ideas......
I can't see it being the lights the 12v socket is ignition controlled.

@sheppy1 had the same issue he ended up replacing his battery and it's all good now.

Check are all the ground points clean.

The service ESP is most likely just due to the battery error.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've been told that the battery is perfectly fine and healthy.

From what I understand esp is related to abs, traction control. Now when I do a hard start from a junction and wheel spin the car with curly lines underneath used to pop up and now doesn't.

Never had crash and only thing that is new is the lights. There is nothing behind stereo/centre console for traction control or abs is there? Just thinking if wires touched when putting everything back in?
Vauxhall came back to me saying battery was knackered despite yesterday them saying it was fine.

Meant to be all working now....
There are wires ruining everywhere for everything behind the dash.

Well hopefully the battery was the issue I would suggest you maybe look into getting a better quality battery with more punch unless of course Vauxhall have all ready fitted and charged you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yep, I had battery draining issues... Vauxhall told me it was fine and Greenflag who had to jump start my car told me it was likely fine too... It clearly wasn't! Glad it seems to be sorted now with your replacement

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Hi Guys, sorry for interrupting on the thread, my car today has done something very similar, wife was driving car stopped came back wouldn't start brought up on the display the same as above service esp,service power steering and saying to put windows down and back up, managed to get it jump started but dead since could it just be battery is dead ( original 62 plate 62k astra 2.0 diesel) and I'm needing a new one! Thanks
yeah batteries can do funny things on these astras
mine would randomly not start, - if it started ok in the morning, I could drive it for hours, park for 2 hours and it wouldnt go!! but if I didn't use it for 2 days there was no way it would go.
I checked voltage with engine running which proved the alternator was ok then checked voltage when full charged which seemed ok after 2 days the voltage had dropped, but in theory not enough to cause probs,
I did change the battery and not had any probs since
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service vehicle soon? zaghloul 5 8,314 30:th-Jun-2017, 01:39:45
Last Post: zaghloul
  No Dash Lights or Instruments / battery off spybot 1 4,059 26:th-Jun-2016, 17:07:06
Last Post: tucpal
  Radiator Fan and Service TAG Issue Roden 10 9,765 8:th-Jun-2016, 19:44:47
Last Post: Roden
  Service Park assist Kris 8 11,887 13:th-Jan-2016, 19:23:35
Last Post: Kris
  Service AFL Lamp Rusty2009 11 27,871 5:th-Feb-2015, 17:33:08
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Service AFL J1ODYA 3 6,709 15:th-Mar-2014, 10:08:24
Last Post: J1ODYA