Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
changing pads rear

Changing rear pads
Going To attempt this on the weekend, I've neglected my rear brakes to the point I have no material left (approx 2-3mm I think) and my brakes are making one hell of a noise when braking hard.
I'll follow the how to that's on here (great guide, I did the front ones following it) do I need a winding tool? As I've not got one ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(9:th-Mar-2017, 14:55:27)richje100 Wrote: Going To attempt this on the weekend, I've neglected my rear brakes to the point I have no material left (approx 2-3mm I think) and my brakes are making one hell of a noise when braking hard.
I'll follow the how to that's on here (great guide, I did the front ones following it) do I need a winding tool? As I've not got one ☹️

Hi richje100, thought i'd return the favour,

if your car has a manual handbrake then you will only need a wind back tool, however if it's electronic, you can only do it with a diagnostic device i'm afraid, if you can wind the pistons back make sure you keep checking your brake fluid as it may overflow everywhere, the easiest way to take some out is with some twisted up kitchen roll that will soak it up out the reservoir
(9:th-Mar-2017, 20:36:15)twisted spanner Wrote:
(9:th-Mar-2017, 14:55:27)richje100 Wrote: Going To attempt this on the weekend, I've neglected my rear brakes to the point I have no material left (approx 2-3mm I think) and my brakes are making one hell of a noise when braking hard.

Hi richje100, thought i'd return the favour,

if your car has a manual handbrake then you will only need a wind back tool, however if it's electronic, you can only do it with a diagnostic device i'm afraid, if you can wind the pistons back make sure you keep checking your brake fluid as it may overflow everywhere, the easiest way to take some out is with some twisted up kitchen roll that will soak it up out the reservoir

No you don't need a diag tool.

But yes you will need a rewind tool mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks guys, my neighbour thinks he might have one down his garage .

Using Tapatalk
Can't undo bottom bolt

Using Tapatalk
have you tried some penetrating fluid ?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-...rant-250ml
Yep. My spanners seem to be made of cheese aswell. Gave it a good spraying every few minutes and now I'm afraid I will round it off. Looks like a garage job.

Using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(10:th-Mar-2017, 18:16:29)richje100 Wrote: Thanks guys, my neighbour thinks he might have one down his garage .

. You don't need to undo the bottom bolt.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing rear brake discs Big Dave2 3 2,111 26:th-Jun-2020, 18:54:19
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Changing Rear Shock Absorbers. Astra-J Hatch. Replace or reuse bottom bolts? Big Dave2 5 5,166 22:nd-Jun-2020, 11:35:40
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Changed Brake Pads, now feels like fronts are sticking Vx-Mad-G 5 5,652 25:th-Jul-2018, 15:44:04
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
Replacement discs and pads Iamthestig 3 4,005 23:rd-May-2018, 18:31:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Coil spring rear buy used or new caretaker 2 3,607 18:th-Oct-2017, 12:58:05
Last Post: caretaker
  Coil spring rear buy used or new caretaker 4 3,938 18:th-Oct-2017, 11:51:47
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Short rear shocks D92 7 5,529 6:th-Jan-2017, 01:41:20
Last Post: D92
  GTC 2.0 cdti front pads tatters40 1 4,957 7:th-Mar-2016, 22:04:02
Last Post: irmartyn