Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cruise working not control

Cruise control not working
Hi guys,

The cruise control is no longer working on my car or is temperamental intermittent problem. It used to be just an occasional thing now it has become more frequent. Basically you turn on cc, light turns white, then you try to engage cruise control it just not working anymore not turning green, tried all sorts of methods on the controls to get it to work but no avail.

I have read up it could be a number of things to cause it. It could be the actual cruise control switch on the steering wheel, or brake sensor etc.

Any ideas.

Thanks.
First thing I would try is pulling the negative off the battery for 30-60 minutes let all system shut down.

If that fails it could be the brake position sensor at fault or any other item at fault I would say the button as the button is working ok to turn it on and I'm guessing all the other buttons work as they should?

If the battery pull doesn't resolve the issue the next thing is to plug it on ad see if any errors are coming up, if they are fix the issues.
If no errors I would try re-calibrating the brake pedal (MDI & sps needed for this).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Done the battery thing many times. Usually it works, then not working again day later.
The same thing happens to me often, I find when it stops working put your foot under the clutch pedal and lift it up a little and it then works again, also my cruise control dose not disengage when the clutch is pressed down but my other halfs astra dose so I am guessing its a fault with the clutch pedal somewhere.
I would have the car plugged onto GDS2 and check for any faults.
If none SPS the BCM & run through set-up and configure where it will relearn the pedal positions.

In my car I can change gear and accelerate wile CC is active and then it will take back over again it's not a fault its the way its designed, but IIRC it depends on engine and spec.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Its temperamental hit and miss when it decides to work.
(7:th-Feb-2017, 11:58:27)raimon Wrote: Its temperamental hit and miss when it decides to work.

I have exactly the same here - thought it was me!  Had the car 4. months and it was intermittent a couple of times then fine for ages.
Recently (cold weather) it ha started again.

I will try the battery trick suggested by Rusty 1st and see what happens.
(25:th-Nov-2017, 22:56:39)AlanMac Wrote:
(7:th-Feb-2017, 11:58:27)raimon Wrote: Its temperamental hit and miss when it decides to work.

I have exactly the same here - thought it was me!  Had the car 4. months and it was intermittent a couple of times then fine for ages.

I managed to sort mine finally, it was the clutch return spring at the very top of the pedal assembly, one side had popped out so in turn did not fully return the clutch pedal which stopped the cc being able to engage, took about 1 1/2 hours to do but pedal is spot on and no issues with the cc anymore.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(26:th-Nov-2017, 09:07:56)M33joh Wrote:

I managed to sort mine finally, it was the clutch return spring at the very top of the pedal assembly, one side had popped out so in turn did not fully return the clutch pedal which stopped the cc being able to engage, took about 1 1/2 hours to do but pedal is spot on and no issues with the cc anymore.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see me doing that haha
(3:rd-Feb-2017, 12:44:44)M33joh Wrote: The same thing happens to me often, I find when it stops working put your foot under the clutch pedal and lift it up a little and it then works again, also my cruise control dose not disengage when the clutch is pressed down but my other halfs astra dose so I am guessing its a fault with the clutch pedal somewhere.
Tried this trick this morning and it worked straight away - will monitor and see how it goes over the next few weeks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronic handbrake not working Euroshopper 3 1,508 29:th-Jul-2021, 15:21:44
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Deadlock not working Jonika21 5 2,249 22:nd-Dec-2020, 17:37:08
Last Post: Jonika21
  Electric passenger window not working Harposaurus 2 2,870 30:th-Sep-2020, 19:29:35
Last Post: Harposaurus
  Heating / climate control iandy66 2 1,832 14:th-Sep-2020, 18:11:08
Last Post: iandy66
  Sat nav unit, from insignia? Not fully working? Macauleyh96 10 3,233 18:th-Aug-2020, 14:40:41
Last Post: DNT
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,827 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Climate control sensor SectorOMEGA 4 3,926 22:nd-Jul-2017, 08:35:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra gtc wiper and start stop not working Robbjp 5 6,400 24:th-Sep-2016, 21:09:32
Last Post: J1ODYA
  Gate garage remote control meiki 11 7,917 23:rd-Feb-2015, 09:44:11
Last Post: tucpal