Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
electrics towbar fitting

Towbar fitting/electrics
Has anyone ever diy fitted a towbar to there J. I need one for my sports tourer to pull my trailer. Just looking into it I want a removable Swan neck but there's two types of electrics dedicated and universal. Im just wondering if I buy dedicated does it just plug into the car. Does anything need activating in the ecu after fitting. I'm not worried about the spannering just don't wanna be chopping wires in my nice shiny astra

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
There is a thread giving all info on universal and factory wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i have had a read through the other thread rusty but my towbar wiring kit seems a bit different to the one in there
https://www.westfalia-automotive.com/fil...01-009.pdf
that is the instructions that come with the tow bar seems i have to tap into the brake light at the rear above the fuse board
tap into what they call a charging cable but i assume this is switched ignition live at the front fuse box and something behind the radio which i assume is to do with the parking sensors
and the put a couple of fuses under the bonnet
does this sound about right
just gotta find out what the colours are in the car now
I'll have a look later for you
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Din Fitting??? doug143 23 12,408 20:th-Jul-2020, 13:43:34
Last Post: stuartbigboy5454
  Will fitting downpipe pass MOT? MCG1983 1 2,515 4:th-Nov-2019, 10:43:45
Last Post: andyp
  Dab fitting Astra_sri 4 3,485 23:rd-Jul-2018, 07:56:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Fitting VXR seats newredgtc 17 10,149 25:th-Oct-2016, 17:34:24
Last Post: evo
  Fitting visible exhaust tip Jj0063 33 19,290 23:rd-Aug-2016, 09:42:13
Last Post: Rymaan82