Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vxr seats fitting

Fitting VXR seats
So I'm really tempted to splash a bit of cash on these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...SwCGVX-M5T

Only problem is I haven't a clue how to fit - where could I get them fitted for me and how much would I be looking at?

Thanks.
@cornishtaz is best placed to answer this
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Fitting us really easy it usually takes me 20mins. Do you already have 1/2 leather in your GTC? If you do then there's no need to swap the rear door cards as there the same.

Front seats have a T50 bolt at the rear if each runner, 1 electrical connector under the seat. Then slide it back so the hooks at the front slide out there slots and lift seats out, be careful as there heavy and awkward.

The rear bench needs a good tug upwards on the front edge to unclip the 2 locating lugs then ease it out from the rear edge. The seat back is the most awkward once the rear bench is out you need to remove the centre bracket/seat belt point think its 3 T50 or T45 bolts. Fold the seat back down then look at the 2 ends and you'll see the pivot point these have a spring loaded locator that need sliding towards the outside if the car while lifting the seat back.

If you want anymore help or someone to do it I'm in Swindon

Do you need the centre console? If not I'd be interested in the parking switch and gear surround light.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baz don't the front seats have a hook at the front like the 5-door?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes mate they do

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No i don't have the half-leather - the better looking door cards are a part of why I want to upgrade the interior tbh.

Whole thing looks drab atm with the basic cloth seats...

And with the centre console I'm not quite sure yet as I haven't quite researched what the difference is (mine's just the bog standard basic one with no storage box, just a tray and 3 cup holders. So would be nice to upgrade this bit as well.

However, if that's an offer to help I'd love to take you up on it - more than happy to pay you a whack for your time of course.

If it is, then I'll make contact with the seller today and try to negotiate a price. I'm assuming nobody's gonna "buy it now" at that cost with that much time left on the auction...
I paid £1500 a few years back but that inc steering wheel and gear stick. If you have a manual handbrake the centre console wont fit. I'd say a good price would be around 1k

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thanks - i'll see if I can tempt him with the 1k for a quick sale this weekend. If the centre console's useless to me (I have a manual handbrake), then it's yours if you want it!
Nice one thanks mate let us know how you get on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok I moved fast!

Agreed £1100 with him, and i'm going to look at them tonight (he's not far from me).

Assuming they're ok and no problems I'll get them paid for there and then.

One thing to ask, is there anything to look out for when I check them over? Any fitments, bits attached to the railings, bolts etc that should come with them? anything of note?

And then, cornishtaz, if you wouldn't mind perhaps let me know via PM when you'd be free - no rush or pressure, happy to work around your schedule :-)
Just had a look at the listing again only thing I can see is the dent in the rear bench. Other thing to check is that the front seats fold correctly as the folding mechanism has a tendency to break inside which isn't a cheap fix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(14:th-Oct-2016, 11:43:38)cornishtaz Wrote: Just had a look at the listing again only thing I can see is the dent in the rear bench. Other thing to check is that the front seats fold correctly as the folding mechanism has a tendency to break inside which isn't a cheap fix.

I've had this issue on would you believe it, both my front seats. The clip on the folding handle has snapped which now means I can't fold my seats forward. I've got the part numbers to change the handle mechanism but do you have an idea how to change them over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you need to get to the mechanism inside the whole seat back needs stripping down. I've done it before but not a easy task which is why Vauxhall tend to replace the seat back complete if under warranty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well we did it!

Well Baz expertly did 95% of it whilst I removed a couple of screws and passed him the tools. Was quite cool to see the relative ease and speed at which you can remove so much of the interior.

Well chuffed with the result! So thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Holy hell that looks good!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Have to say they look excellent mate!

Liking the red interior trim as well.
Very nice
they look fantastic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Din Fitting??? doug143 23 12,415 20:th-Jul-2020, 13:43:34
Last Post: stuartbigboy5454
  Will fitting downpipe pass MOT? MCG1983 1 2,517 4:th-Nov-2019, 10:43:45
Last Post: andyp
  Dab fitting Astra_sri 4 3,485 23:rd-Jul-2018, 07:56:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra gtc sport 1.4 seats changing Wullie1967 3 3,606 3:rd-Mar-2018, 18:29:08
Last Post: vocky
  Towbar fitting/electrics bunje 3 4,096 21:st-Dec-2016, 12:47:44
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Heated Leather Seats Question Vx-Mad-G 2 3,978 2:nd-Dec-2016, 10:05:38
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Vxr seats gsisr 3 3,720 13:th-Nov-2016, 11:08:10
Last Post: gsisr
  Best Seat cover for leather rear seats Doughy 2 3,728 16:th-Oct-2016, 08:36:10
Last Post: Doughy
  Fitting visible exhaust tip Jj0063 33 19,292 23:rd-Aug-2016, 09:42:13
Last Post: Rymaan82
  Seats/ interior stigeye 6 5,161 19:th-Apr-2016, 14:25:32
Last Post: marcus