Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fitting??? double din

Double Din Fitting???
Alright,

I'm looking at getting a double din to replace my CD400 system, can people who have experience changing this link me to products that I will need so that this will all go smoothly.

I know I'll need a new fascia, but what will I need in terms of cables etc to make sure all my controls on steering wheel will work properly?

And any links on a decent double din? Around the 2-250 mark?

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Buy the kit it comes complete with the all the bits you need, make sure you choose your head unit 1st as you will need to order the patch lead when you order the fitting kit.

A couple of how-to's I done may very well help you.

How-to remove head

How to install aftermarket unit

I've just upgraded my Kenwood DNX9210BT to the Kenwood DNX7250DAB
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I was considering this but then I'd lose all the factory bluetooth which actually works pretty well.

I especially like the way the blowers quieten down for calls and then spin back up again at the end of the call.
@Rusty how much all in was your kenwood unit including adapter leads and facia is you don't mind me asking? And do you happen to know if the Bluetooth that comes with it is any good as I don't have factory Bluetooth. It'd be great if it'd work with the steering wheel controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right you a couple of choice's for the fascia kit price difference is £1.

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects...black.html

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects...-grey.html

I've since upgraded my Kenwood head unit to Kenwood DNX7250DAB which is even better than the last one and I found an ex display at half the price. http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car...NX7250DAB/

The Bluetooth on it is great and the voice thing works too, with the above unit you can also download a Garmin smart link app and pay a one off £14.99 for speed cams £14.99 for 3d Live traffic and I think it was £2.99 or £4.99 for Dynamic parking and advanced weather.

You can also display you iPhone onto the unit (although I've found this useless unless watching a video or something). iirc this unit will also work with the android phones.

Also comes with DAB which is better than FM.

All works with the steering wheel controls apart from when you want to use voice thing via mobile you need to push the mic on the head unit screen.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers for, it's a massive help, I don't actually have the original Bluetooth fitted or anything of the sort, so do I still need to get a mic etc, or will it just pick up my voice from the unit?

They usually come with a mic... out of interest what does happen with the stock BT if you have it?

I have it in mine and have been thinking about getting a double din HU but I like the stock BT tbh.
thanks for that, also Rusty, did the DNX9210BT have the audio streaming function via bluetooth? I've noticed its mentioned on the newer one with DAB but no mention on this
A mic is supplied with the unit .

If you have factory fitted BT you will lose it until you refit the original head unit.

As for steaming music iirc yes but it's not a feature I use as the unit will take a 32GB SD card that holds more than enough music, I will check when I go out in the wife's car as 9210BT is in there.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Quick question, when people remove factory BT and install a new double din head unit, are they able to sell on the factory BT?

Yes although TBH your best off keeping everything you takeout so
You can put it back to standard when selling.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
right I check the DNX9210BT unit and yes you can audio stream music via Bluetooth.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry if this is not the correct place to be querying, been trying to find where I can ask some queries.

I had recently bought 2011 vauxhall astra J which had CD400 and wanted to replace with aftermarket head units.
After confirming it with dynamicsounds regarding fittings.. I went ahead and bought the head unit - Sony XAV-AX3005DB with connects2C TKVX04+ fitting kit. Got it connected with all working along with steering wheel functions but the original display is not working, tried detaching the battery for an hour still nothing apart from setting up electric windows and checked fuses all seems okay.

Does anybody know if I am missing anything?

Thanks for your help.
(30:th-Mar-2020, 16:52:47)prtklmb Wrote: Sorry if this is not the correct place to be querying, been trying to find where I can ask some queries.

I had recently bought 2011 vauxhall astra J which had CD400 and wanted to replace with aftermarket head units.
After confirming it with dynamicsounds regarding fittings.. I went ahead and bought the head unit - Sony XAV-AX3005DB with connects2C TKVX04+ fitting kit. Got it connected with all working along with steering wheel functions but the original display is not working, tried detaching the battery for an hour still nothing apart from setting up electric windows and checked fuses all seems okay.

Thanks for your help.

There is a full how-to on the forum.

But sounds like you've not cut the black wire on the supplied speaker.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...-head-unit
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(30:th-Mar-2020, 17:52:04)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(30:th-Mar-2020, 16:52:47)prtklmb Wrote: Sorry if this is not the correct place to be querying, been trying to find where I can ask some queries.

Thanks for your help.

There is a full how-to on the forum.

But sounds like you've not cut the black wire on the supplied speaker.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...-head-unit

Thanks. I have attached the picture of the connects2 fitting kit I had received, but I do not see any black wires to cut it nor received any speakers.
Looks like they have slightly changed the interface box & built the speaker for your sounds (warning bongs, indicators) inside?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Mar-2020, 09:55:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looks like they have slightly changed the interface box & built the speaker for your sounds (warning bongs, indicators) inside?

Hi, just had a look the bong sound seems to be coming from behind the head unit where I have placed the connect2 kit.

I am not quite sure where the sound would come originally though if I had not fitted the after market head units.
(31:st-Mar-2020, 13:15:19)prtklmb Wrote:
(31:st-Mar-2020, 09:55:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looks like they have slightly changed the interface box & built the speaker for your sounds (warning bongs, indicators) inside?

Hi, just had a look the bong sound seems to be coming from behind the head unit where I have placed the connect2 kit.

I am not quite sure where the sound would come originally though if I had not fitted the after market head units.

(31:st-Mar-2020, 18:20:05)prtklmb Wrote:

Photos attached.

(31:st-Mar-2020, 18:20:05)prtklmb Wrote:

prtklmb

It got dip switch. I have switched it back to 1, 2 on and 3,4 off.
Sounds would normally come through the tweeter on the dash.

I've been trying to find a install guide for the new box but they don't have one online, did you get one with it?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok found it.

It would seem they have added switches (although it doesn't show where they are).

Here's is what the guide says.

Quote:SETTING THE DIPSWITCHES

Before installation, make sure that the dipswitches on the interface are set according to
the below information:
Set Dipswitch 1 to ‘On’ if installing a Pioneer aftermarket stereo, and ‘Off’ if installing a
Sony aftermarket stereo. If installing any other brand of stereo, Dipswitch 1 can be set to
any position

Set Dipswitch 2 to ‘On’ if installing the product into a vehicle with 2 Line Display, and ‘Off’
if installing into a vehicle with 4 Line Display
Dipswitches 3 & 4 have no functionality with this product and can be left in their default
positions

I've made in the bold the area you want to look, change the switch and the display should work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(1:st-Apr-2020, 11:23:29)Rusty2009 Wrote: Ok found it.

It would seem they have added switches (although it doesn't show where they are).

Here's is what the guide says.

Quote:SETTING THE DIPSWITCHES

Before installation, make sure that the dipswitches on the interface are set according to
the below information:
Set Dipswitch 1 to ‘On’ if installing a Pioneer aftermarket stereo, and ‘Off’ if installing a
Sony aftermarket stereo. If installing any other brand of stereo, Dipswitch 1 can be set to
any position

Set Dipswitch 2 to ‘On’ if installing the product into a vehicle with 2 Line Display, and ‘Off’
if installing into a vehicle with 4 Line Display
Dipswitches 3 & 4 have no functionality with this product and can be left in their default
positions

I've made in the bold the area you want to look, change the switch and the display should work.

Hi Rusty thanks. Yes, I had bought CTKVX04 connects fittings kits as was suggested by them but the manual was for CTKVX01. Don't know the exact difference between those two products but looks the same. 

The link below was the exact instruction that I had received.
https://aerpro.com/sites/default/files/m...vx01_1.pdf

I uploaded the images yesterday to show the dip switches and internal circuit board layout but don't know if you were able to see it (Is there an easier way to upload the images?).

I also tried the mentioned dip switches but found out that if dip switch 1 was off with 2 on - only volume controls would work from the steering wheels. if switch 2 was off with 1 on only volume would work but if both on all the functions would work in the steering wheel controls. With all this the display did not come on.
Very quick question for those that have done this.

I'm planning on getting the Sony XAV-AX3005DB, Connects2 Infodapter and Fascia plate. Can the existing USB port underneath the CD400+ be connected into the Sony unit? (Note - my car is a Zafira Tourer but I assume the principles are all the same). Thanks in advance
You would a custom made loom which I make which plugs into the USB and then into the Radio.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Oct-2015, 22:28:49)Nemo Wrote: Cheers for, it's a massive help, I don't actually have the original Bluetooth fitted or anything of the sort, so do I still need to get a mic etc, or will it just pick up my voice from the unit?

Nothing to see selling items is to be placed in the for sale section only.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will fitting downpipe pass MOT? MCG1983 1 2,515 4:th-Nov-2019, 10:43:45
Last Post: andyp
  Dab fitting Astra_sri 4 3,485 23:rd-Jul-2018, 07:56:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Towbar fitting/electrics bunje 3 4,094 21:st-Dec-2016, 12:47:44
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Fitting VXR seats newredgtc 17 10,149 25:th-Oct-2016, 17:34:24
Last Post: evo
  Fitting visible exhaust tip Jj0063 33 19,290 23:rd-Aug-2016, 09:42:13
Last Post: Rymaan82
  Fitting VXR bumpers? Morgan 4 5,617 15:th-Oct-2015, 09:59:43
Last Post: Morgan

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 01:41:53), Adam_Burchart (4:th-Apr-2024, 17:15:15)