Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to buy pedal box j 2013 tuning astra and 2 looking

Astra J 2013 2.0 - looking to buy pedal box and tuning box!

Hi ! 

I am new to the forum (and just bought a Astra J 2.0 CDTI S/S 2013 as well! ) and have been looking at some of the modding threads - 

I am looking to buy pedal box and tuning boxes - just wondering if anyone can give some advice at this stage ? 

I also have a paint chip already :O  - looking to touch up the paint myself possibly and installing some rear parking sensors :(
welcome to vxoc
Welcome to VXOC.

Pedal box is fine tuning boxes are mine field some work some don't you may find it easier to just have a remap.

There is a how-to for aftermarket rear sensors on here, or you could have factory parking sensors fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have tried the racechip and maxchip tuning boxes and can confirm that they both work with the s/s 2.0cdti, I am lead to believe that the dtuk tuning box may or may not work (thats from the horses mouth!) in fact, I am sure the s/s model has been dropped from their website now

As has been suggested, I would like for a remap, there are a few companies out there that do offer a remap, prices for them start at around £350
Thanks for the reply guys -

I have been talking to a ebay seller who tells me his second hand DTUK boxes should work , there are 2 options http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DTUK-CRD-T-Tun...SwnbZYGl6d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122209770784?e...Tags=bu=bu

DTUK guys says it simply would not work , as the software is not programmed for the engine.

The sellers reply is as follow -

I presume it was also obvious for DTUK guys hence the bullshit they told you- bypasses the codes? wtf?
Start/stops takes readings from several sensors but fuel rail one is none of them,and that's where you connect the box

He sounds like hes knows what he is talking about - does anyone think its worth an hour trip to try the box ? :O
From what I've read that the dtuk red one would only work on the 160ps. Pre stop start. Your 2013 model is more likely to be the 165ps version.

As far as the first one goes, it may or may not work. The latest software updates from vauxhall can nullify the dtuk box. As Andy mentioned, Dtuk have removed it from sale from their web site because of this inconsistency.

I would also suggest a getting a pedal box. I got one cheap second hand on ebay for 80 quid. Sharpens up the throttle response dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Thanks Marcus , nice car you have there btw - I was thinking of getting a pedal box as well - i am presuming the pedal box has to be model specific at least ?

I am also currently looking at this model of DTUK box (sold by the same guy)- which is apparently only released post 2014 - so much higher chance of working with my 2013 astra.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DTUK-CRD-T-Tun...SwnbZYGl6d

Any comments ?
My advice would be, steer clear of the DTUK boxes, think about why DTUK withdrew the box for the 165 s/s model ? A seller on ebay is very likely to tell you what you want to hear, ie it will work

Why dont you look at one of the other tuning boxes, like, racehip or maxchip, I can confirm, that they both work as they should on a 165 or a remap ? which are around the £350 mark
dont buy any dtuk red box for 2.0cdti everyone who got one is now stuck with them as they are useless
for £350 get a proper remap done it is the best option i promise and get them to delete the egr at the same time
Just get a pedal box, you may well find that the better throttle response alone is good enough to satisfy your needs.
(7:th-Nov-2016, 01:24:13)tinkiwinki Wrote: Thanks Marcus , nice car you have there btw - I was thinking of getting a pedal box as well - i am presuming the pedal box has to be model specific at least ?

I am also currently looking at this model of DTUK box (sold by the same guy)- which is apparently only released post 2014 - so much higher chance of working with my 2013 astra.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DTUK-CRD-T-Tun...SwnbZYGl6d

Any comments ?
Thanks. I have a racechip one aswell. It works well as long as you leave it on the factory settings. I found that cranking it up eventually ends in your car going into limp mode.

I have both the pedal box and racechip fitted atm and it is super responsive and pulls well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Hi guys! I have now a pedal box , just waiting for it to come in . Regarding the remap, I believe that you sort of need to tell the insurance company?

An MOT garage man tells me 'no one will know about the remaps.. and it would really affect emissions that much anyway... so its almost impossible to detect' . Any comment on this? :O

I am also looking to update the media system to one that has bluetooth - the current CD400 is okay.. But i am just surprised at how a 2013 model car can still have no bluetooths on them. :O
I've got a CRD+ box on my S/S 2012 J and it's transformed the car
Don't BUY DTUK had one for 6 months was loverly then Vauxhall did ecu upgrade Box was then scrap kept going into limp mode Phoned DTUK TOLD ME TO PUT IT ON EBAY #Digrace wasn't interested
(25:th-Feb-2017, 17:07:38)Wayneofwolves Wrote: Don't BUY DTUK had one for 6 months was loverly then Vauxhall did ecu upgrade Box was then scrap kept going into limp mode Phoned DTUK TOLD ME TO PUT IT ON EBAY #Digrace wasn't interested

It's not really DTUK's fault though is it?
(28:th-Feb-2017, 15:54:21)F3NTN Wrote:
(25:th-Feb-2017, 17:07:38)Wayneofwolves Wrote: Don't BUY DTUK had one for 6 months was loverly then Vauxhall did ecu upgrade Box was then scrap kept going into limp mode Phoned DTUK TOLD ME TO PUT IT ON EBAY #Digrace wasn't interested

It's not really DTUK's fault though is it?

No it's not DTUK's fault but they make a rod for there own back offering deals to some people on the CRD box and offering nothing to others.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
What really pi@@ed me off with DTUK was the cheeky F@@kers ask me to send Pictures to see how I had fitted it . Then said put it on eBay knowing it was scrap but it got them off the hook Poor very poor
Will not buy or recommend ever again
the reason we keeps saying dont buy a dtuk red box is there are tons of used boxes on ebay etc
that may or may not work it is just not worth trying it you may be throwing your money away
it is not a personal attack on dtuk we are not saying it is there fault but everyone should know
theses used red boxes have a very high possibility that they will not work and as many people have found out
the hard way and these things will be passed around on ebay etc for quite some time to come

and advising people to pass them on on ebay for the astra j is not the way forward.
Totally agree with post above

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,541 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Brake pedal sensor learn. Richiew1986 0 1,299 22:nd-Jul-2021, 16:53:31
Last Post: Richiew1986
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,077 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,589 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,808 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,899 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Timing belt for 1.7 2013 rodduz 3 2,133 14:th-Mar-2021, 13:07:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,036 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,164 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,505 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Michaelelict (30:th-Jan-2024, 01:53:35), avenue17 (31:st-Jan-2024, 08:04:29)