Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cost belt cam

Cam belt cost
Hi all, only had the gtc for 3 weeks now and loving every minute of driving.... I'm on 72000 miles now and a cam belt change isn't too far away ( I do 2000 miles a month ) ... It's a 2.0 cdti on a 12 plate

Roughly how much does it cost to have them replaced , when I had an Audi A3 it was good practice to have the water pump and tensioner a replaced at the same time .....is it the same with the VX ?

Cheers James
I don't know how much VX charge for a cam belt change I got a genuine cam-belt kit off Ebay for £54 now they are around £87.

I would always recommend doing the water pump etc at the same time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I can check tomorrow as well passed my 100k mile service lol receipts in the car I think.

Don't remember it being too bad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Vauxhall Masterfit...

I don't think that's too bad actually

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Cheers guys.... thats not a bad price at all .... Probably be cheaper still at an independent garage

Cheers james
What you need is Vauxhall service club. You'd get a further 25% off that price. I had my front breaks supplied and fit for £92 which I thought was reasonable for OEM and a main dealer.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I have the Vauxhall service club and the prices are not too bad, plusthe garage is very local to me
I just payed £380 for a water pump and cambelt change from Vauxhall,and that's with 25% off my car is a 2.0cdti 2010.
I've heard vx only change the belt, it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

I went to the garage I use and paid £271 all in for belt, water pump, pulleys and tensioners.

Edit: for my 2.0cdti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(19:th-Jan-2017, 11:08:06)Tonto Wrote: I've heard vx only change the belt, it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

I went to the garage I use and paid £271 all in for belt, water pump, pulleys and tensioners.

VX change everything as it comes as a kit.
(19:th-Jan-2017, 19:47:13)Astra VXD Wrote:
(19:th-Jan-2017, 11:08:06)Tonto Wrote: I've heard vx only change the belt,  it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

VX  change everything as it comes as a kit.

Phoned my local Vauxhall garage up today to ask for a cam belt change and they quoted £545!!!!

Must think I am on planet "idiot" - I even mentioned myvauxhall scheme - won't be getting my custom.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cam belt. . Simon Templar 10 10,227 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:39:16
Last Post: tucpal