VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Cam belt cost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, only had the gtc for 3 weeks now and loving every minute of driving.... I'm on 72000 miles now and a cam belt change isn't too far away ( I do 2000 miles a month ) ... It's a 2.0 cdti on a 12 plate

Roughly how much does it cost to have them replaced , when I had an Audi A3 it was good practice to have the water pump and tensioner a replaced at the same time .....is it the same with the VX ?

Cheers James
I don't know how much VX charge for a cam belt change I got a genuine cam-belt kit off Ebay for £54 now they are around £87.

I would always recommend doing the water pump etc at the same time.
I can check tomorrow as well passed my 100k mile service lol receipts in the car I think.

Don't remember it being too bad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Vauxhall Masterfit...

[Image: ae557fe4b55af8f72356a12bf5a8fff7.png]
I don't think that's too bad actually

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Cheers guys.... thats not a bad price at all .... Probably be cheaper still at an independent garage

Cheers james
What you need is Vauxhall service club. You'd get a further 25% off that price. I had my front breaks supplied and fit for £92 which I thought was reasonable for OEM and a main dealer.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I have the Vauxhall service club and the prices are not too bad, plusthe garage is very local to me
I just payed £380 for a water pump and cambelt change from Vauxhall,and that's with 25% off my car is a 2.0cdti 2010.
I've heard vx only change the belt, it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

I went to the garage I use and paid £271 all in for belt, water pump, pulleys and tensioners.

Edit: for my 2.0cdti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(19:th-Jan-2017, 11:08:06)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard vx only change the belt, it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

I went to the garage I use and paid £271 all in for belt, water pump, pulleys and tensioners.

VX change everything as it comes as a kit.
(19:th-Jan-2017, 19:47:13)Astra VXD Wrote: [ -> ]
(19:th-Jan-2017, 11:08:06)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard vx only change the belt,  it the waterpump, pulleys etc.

VX  change everything as it comes as a kit.

Phoned my local Vauxhall garage up today to ask for a cam belt change and they quoted £545!!!!

Must think I am on planet "idiot" - I even mentioned myvauxhall scheme - won't be getting my custom.