Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
with light j fog beam work 7 astra elite 1 not on

Astra j elite 1.7 beam light not work with fog light on
Hi All,
since i bought my Astra j 1.7cdti 2011/12 Elite- 5door Hatchback, i have been reading this forum and other Vauxhall forum to get more information and recently did my own servicing.

I noticed another thing on my Astra, as when you have your front fog light on the beam light wont stay on and when you turn off the fog light off, then the beam light stays on. If the Front Fog lights stays on, you can use the beam to flash, but it will not stay or permanent. Is this how it works.

I noticed another thing, is when i drive the car at night, i see lot of refelection of the opposite side of the car light on my windscreen and they are just normal light. I thought something wrong with my screen or i need to have the Anti Glare Glasses.

Thanks for looking at the post and appreciated your replies.
Hi All,
since i bought my Astra j 1.7cdti 2011/12 Elite- 5door Hatchback, i have been reading this forum and other Vauxhall forum to get more information and recently did my own servicing.

I noticed another thing on my Astra, as when you have your front fog light on the beam light wont stay on and when you turn off the fog light off, then the beam light stays on. If the Front Fog lights stays on, you can use the beam to flash, but it will not stay or permanent. Is this how it works.

I noticed another thing, is when i drive the car at night, i see lot of refelection of the opposite side of the car light on my windscreen and they are just normal light. I thought something wrong with my screen or i need to have the Anti Glare Glasses.

Thanks for looking at the post and appreciated your replies.
Hi, I have recently bought an Elite, and only realised that I cannot use main beam if I have either fog lights on. And, it was neccesaary to have as much light as possible as the country lane was so dark !
I must say I've never noticed this but then again I've never needed my fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Fog lights should not be used as driving lights. I believe, could be wrong, it is an offence to drive with fog lights on during normal visibility. Thus not being able to operate full beam while fog lights on is correct.
Just for your information the fog light works if you switch the light to manual instead having it on auto. If it in Auto the fog and beam light won't stay on together.

However if you the turn the auto light off and have it on Manual it will work the beam and fog light both together or independent.

It must be something to do with auto light settings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has my Astra-J got a selective bulb failure warning system? Big Dave2 7 5,170 12:th-Apr-2023, 11:22:56
Last Post: phlyer
  astra drl fuse or relays?? steveh 1 4,305 27:th-Jun-2021, 18:41:11
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Changing DRLs on 2015 Astra J GTC VXR SGR32 3 5,034 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:56:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
Astra J LED DRL Headlights Question Baz22 2 5,720 19:th-Oct-2020, 14:27:04
Last Post: Baz22
  Inner rear light Kiel0777 9 6,258 25:th-Apr-2020, 20:19:21
Last Post: Kiel0777
  Astra j no indicator lights? Any help pls Winston 1 6,830 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:43:57
  Rear light problem Dan1992 7 13,157 12:th-Jan-2019, 22:34:33
Last Post: Willcbrbikeboy
  Rear driving light not working kippax 1 6,695 18:th-Nov-2018, 09:34:39
  Auto lights stuck on main beam? umognog 3 8,709 12:th-Nov-2017, 08:06:59
  drl light flicker. THOMAS123 2 3,556 11:th-Nov-2017, 15:17:43
Last Post: zzattack