Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
feed in area ignition positive boot required switcheed

Switcheed / Ignition positive feed required in boot area
Hi all,

Mr Newbie here. I am looking to install an accessory in the boot of my 2013 J - 1.6 Energy model. For this I need to locate a switched/ignition + feed.

This car does not have a rear fuse box, which make like a little more tricky.

Can anybody direct me to an appropriate feed please with a wire colour(s).

Many thanks in advance,

Ian
Could run of the rear of the 12v socket iirc it's purple wire colour but there is only 2 wires and one is black which is ground.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(23:rd-Feb-2016, 10:33:40)Rusty2009 Wrote: Could run of the rear of the 12v socket iirc it's purple wire colour but there is only 2 wires and one is black which is ground.

Cheers Rusty I will do that.

Really appreciate your help.
No luck with the 12v accessory socket I am afraid, this is a permanent live on my car (even with the ign off/key removed). Any other suggestions?

You were right by the way, it was the Purple wire.
Hang on, now I'm really confused...

It just occured to me that the accesory socket cant be permanently live as my Sat Nav charger turns off when the ignition is turned off.

So why did my circuit test bulb stay illuminated when one prong was in the Purplem connector and the other end grounded to one of the bolt heads near the gear selector mechanism?!

Somebody please help me understand lol
I don't that if I test mine it's dead until I turn key to pos1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
OK know I now understand.

I call my local VX delaer and spoke to a Technician. He advised that the 12V auxilliary/accessory power socket in the centre console could stay live for a few minutes after removing the key from the ignition.

Basically the socket is fed through a relay that is controlled by one of the main control units and it can take a while for the car to 'go to sleep' cutting the power to the relay and hence the accessory socket.

So........ Rusty is quite correct, the power to the accessory socket is ignition switched, but can take a short while to turn off again - but it will go off to avoid battery drain.

I hope that helps somebody else in the future.

Ian
The power sockets stay live until the drivers door is opened. You can take the key out of the ignition and sit for as long as you like within reason but as soon as you open the door that's it, power off.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Isn't there a control wire coming out the back of the head unit? It is how I switch mine.
Aftermarket headunits do, yes. I've always uses the remote wire from the headunit in every install I've done using an aftermarket HU.

However in this car I'm using the stock factory head unit, which I've not sought to remove as it's an integrated iDrive unit and I don't really want to mess with that tbh.

The amp is going to be in the boot, which is where the battery and this fues board are located - so I think that removing the headunit and running a wire through the car wouldn't be the most efficient method in this instance. Appreciate the thought, but I'm definitly wanting to just take a feed off the fuseboard.

Turnkey Interior Contractors Chennai

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot gate light GTC13LFP 1 3,100 16:th-Nov-2017, 21:26:22
Last Post: Iaintruten

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 06:07:00)