Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to nav500 cd400 upgrade

Cd400 to nav500 upgrade.
Hi I am a newbie 1st time on and very interested in cd400 to 500navi upgrade looking for info on wiring
Hi.
I'm new here and wondered if someone could help with a cd400 to navi 950 upgrade in a 2011 astra j. I have the head unit control panel and display.
Thanks
John
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
A 950 wouldn't have been fitted to your year from factory it would be a 600-900.

I'm willing to try and get it working for you tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks maybe I should find a 600 instead, I haven't got the little link wire though. What sort of money are look looking at to do the 950 or a 600.i have put the 950 on ebay in the mean time but can cancel it if it's possible to do. Hope that makes some sense.
You'd need the display cable these can be brought from ebay £27.00 also USB which you can only get as part of the whole dash loom.

I can deffo try getting your 950 working but I wouldn't say 100% it will. The cost would be £60 to fit & program.

If you went for the Navi600/900 it would be £60 to fit & program but there maybe an extra €95 (around £88 VCI request fee) on top.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You don't have a link for the cable do you. Is there an alternative I see on ebay there is a oem style screen thing for £599
The listing has ended but this is the guy who sells them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/nick1919rot?_t...7675.l2559

Had a few off him.

You could go down the M072 unit route which a fair few members have got.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info

And if you from Icebox auto you get £25 you first order only on the M072 unit thou

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m072

You can use the following code to receive £25 off your order - AS8829CV
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I like the factory look and feel. So I'm going to keep an eye out for one of them wires and I think get a different head unit cd500 navi600 etc
Thanks for the help so far
Would a dvd 800 be any good?

I want to keep the factory Bluetooth and dab I already have. Would that happen with the nav units and what's the difference between the cd400 and cd400 plus?
(30:th-Apr-2017, 18:43:46)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Would a dvd 800 be any good?

I want to keep the factory Bluetooth and dab I already have. Would that happen with the nav units and what's the difference between the cd400 and cd400 plus?

A 2011 can have cd500 DVD800 Navi600/900 yes you can keep the BT & DAB.

CD400+ has the USB.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(29:th-Apr-2017, 06:51:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: A 950 wouldn't have been fitted to your year from factory it would be a 600-900.

(1:st-May-2017, 07:03:46)Rusty2009 Wrote:

CD400+ has the USB.

Thanks yet again lol

I may get myself a 400 plus in the meantime as waiting for the screen lead and USB is a function I don't have but want

(1:st-May-2017, 08:53:00)Jpbroad1970 Wrote:
(29:th-Apr-2017, 06:51:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: A 950 wouldn't have been fitted to your year from factory it would be a 600-900.

(1:st-May-2017, 07:03:46)Rusty2009 Wrote:

CD400+ has the USB.

Thanks yet again lol

I may get myself a 400 plus in the meantime as waiting for the screen lead and USB is a function I don't have but want

Don't know what I did there

Thanks yet again lol

I may get myself a 400 plus in the meantime as waiting for the screen lead and USB is a function I don't have but want
I hope to be able to use my CD500 (DVD800 really) panel with an android unit eventually. I suppose that rewiring the screen has no negative impact on lost functionality at all, but losing the armrest controls would suck bigtime, so I'm trying to avoid that. Also the CD500 panel feels a lot fancier... So let's not settle for that just yet.

Rusty2009 Wrote:CD400 control panel only has 3 pins on it Power, Ground and Network Bus.
CD500 control panel has 7 pins on it Power, Ground, Wake-up, Reset, Data High, Data Low and Data Shield.

Very informative. I've managed to dump most of the button presses coming from the CD400 unit. It does require a wakeup frame on the GMLAN bus before it starts to operate. Pretty basic stuff, I'm sure I can get this 100% reverse engineered.

Rusty2009 Wrote:The screen is also wired different
cd400 screen has 8 wires Power, Ground, Network Bus, Wake-up, Reset, Data High, Data Low & Data Shield.
Cd500 screen only has 4 Power, Ground, Dimming & Remote Enable.

Are these CD400 data/reset/wake-up lines connected to the exact same lines going to the CD500 panel? Do you know what kind of protocol is used on those data lines?

If most of this can be reverse engineered we could perhaps build an adapter that translates DVD800 commands to equivalent CD400 commands. That'll allow the CD500/DVD800 panel and armrest to work with android units.
morning, is the wiring a trade secret, ive tried looking on global tis but cant make head nor tail of it and im normally ok
(2:nd-May-2017, 11:55:58)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: morning, is the wiring a trade secret, ive tried looking on global tis but cant make head nor tail of it and im normally
think ive got it sorted , a nights sleep and a good ponder
its a shame we don't have anyone in the midlands that can do this mod and others, no disrespect to the 2 of you that offer it but its quite a trek . to be fair though its one i'm going to need to do myself to Bournemouth I believe .
I've got one of these going cheap, a cd500 a display and control panel, left over from my project
Hey all! I've got insignia facelift for my wife recently and she's got this small screen with buttons underneath (part number 544930977) so i have decided to replace it to a Sat Nav version screen which is much bigger (Part Number 90802618). So i have purchased screen on Ebay and was exited as all cable plugs and fittings looked exactly the same! Took me 4 minutes to get it replaced! Ignition on and... NO PICTURE! I can use controls (Volume, skip, power, eject etc. etc.) and everything seem to work fine except the bloody screen! I believe screen gets signal for mini USB port at the back as if i don't plug this in all controls still works? What i am missing? Please help! Thank you in advance!
I've made retrofit CD400 -> Navi 650 Intellilink on my Astra ST 2013

Radio was locked, also I was scared because I saw here that Navi 650/950 can go on year 2014 onwards.

But I've found a person who is doing this things on Astra J. He upgraded it in 3 hours and everything is working just like OEM

Unfortunately the procedure is a little bit illegal (especially because radio was locked)

Hehe

Just one thing I need to do: update the SW, because I have an Vauxhall logo and chime is beeping on right side (I have a LHD car).
It was late and we will do that next time.

G5 via Tapatalk
I'm looking to have my CD400 upgraded to a NAVI 600 or better on my 2012 GTC. Anybody from the North East able to offer and prices and/or advice. Thanks in Advance.
(18:th-Aug-2017, 21:37:06)blackcatpaul Wrote: I'm looking to have my CD400 upgraded to a NAVI 600 or better on my 2012 GTC. Anybody from the North East able to offer and prices and/or advice. Thanks in Advance.

@VXMODS
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hello guys, I am Said from the netherlands.

I have an Astra J from 2010 with the cd400, i bought a navi 900 system, but i found out it's not plug and play.. i am from the netherlands and i can't really find if it's possible to get this working?

i really hope i it's possible.. i have the display, the big computer with cd, a small module with multiple plugs(black plastic). the control panel, and a bluetooth module.

i have no extra wiring, so i mis a couple wire's.

hope you can help me!

Greetz, Said
(23:rd-Aug-2017, 21:51:54)Sietjeng Wrote: hello guys, I am Said from the netherlands.

I have an Astra J from 2010 with the cd400,  i bought a navi 900 system, but i found out it's not plug and play.. i am from the netherlands and i can't really find if it's possible to get this working?

i really hope i it's possible.. i have the display, the big computer with cd, a small module with multiple plugs(black plastic). the control panel, and a bluetooth module.

i have no extra wiring, so i mis a couple wire's.

hope you can help me!

Greetz,  Said

No it's not plug & play there are wiring changes needed.

Maybe @zzattack could help do it for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok so forgive me if this has been asked before but I need help.
I have a 65 plate Astra 1.6 cdti Sri eco flex with cd400 fitted. I have no Bluetooth or DAB. I would like to either upgrade to the cd500 with Nav or one of the proper Astra nav units that come with Bluetooth and DAB? Is this possible and how hard is it to do? If it's not possible can anyone recommend an aftermarket unit that works well and keeps the steering wheel controls and other car configuration controls etc.
I have a lot to think about I know and I'm looking at spending about 400.
Any help appreciated guys thanks.
(24:th-Aug-2017, 10:56:39)golden5673 Wrote: Ok so forgive me if this has been asked before but I need help.
I have a 65 plate Astra 1.6 cdti Sri eco flex with cd400 fitted. I have no Bluetooth or DAB. I would like to either upgrade to the cd500 with Nav or one of the proper Astra nav units that come with Bluetooth and DAB? Is this possible and how hard is it to do? If it's not possible can anyone recommend an aftermarket unit that works well and keeps the steering wheel controls and other car configuration controls etc.
I have a lot to think about I know and I'm looking at spending about 400.
Any help appreciated guys thanks.

You won't get factory fitted Navi DAB & BT for £400 it's all possible but not at that price unless you can source the parts super cheap.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok so what would be the best option for after market unit? I've seen a few choices out there but not sure which one to go for. The android units seem like a good option as they have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Thanks again.
(23:rd-Aug-2017, 21:51:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: No it's not plug & play there are wiring changes needed.

Maybe @zzattack could help do it for you.

Yes i found out it's not plug and play. hope someone can help me for some wiring and if its possible to get it working
(24:th-Aug-2017, 16:58:42)golden5673 Wrote: Ok so what would be the best option for after market unit? I've seen a few choices out there but not sure which one to go for. The android units seem like a good option as they have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Thanks again.

You could go down the M072 unit route which a fair few members have got.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info 

And if you from Icebox auto you get £25 you first order only on the M072 unit thou

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m072

You can use the following code to receive £25 off your order -  AS8829CV

(24:th-Aug-2017, 17:54:52)Sietjeng Wrote:
(23:rd-Aug-2017, 21:51:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: No it's not plug & play there are wiring changes needed.

Maybe @zzattack could help do it for you.

Yes i found out it's not plug and play. hope someone can help me for some wiring and if its possible to get it working

Sure zzattack will be on soon.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(24:th-Aug-2017, 17:54:52)Sietjeng Wrote: Yes i found out it's not plug and play. hope someone can help me for some wiring and if its possible to get it working
Is probably possible, can you send me a msg with the stuff you gathered?
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
(25:th-Aug-2017, 09:31:46)zzattack Wrote:
(24:th-Aug-2017, 17:54:52)Sietjeng Wrote: Yes i found out it's not plug and play. hope someone can help me for some wiring and if its possible to get it working
Is probably possible, can you send me a msg with the stuff you gathered?

offcourse, i will send you tomorrow maybe with some pics is easier?
Hello. I have a 2012 vauxhall astra with cd400. I want to chnage this to either the cd500 or nav600 with the display screen. can anyone near Southampton know how to do this and if so give me a price for them doing it all. Cheers
(17:th-Sep-2017, 12:40:26)chrisspanner Wrote: Hello. I have a 2012 vauxhall astra with cd400. I want to chnage this to either the cd500 or nav600 with the display screen. can anyone near Southampton know how to do this and if so give me a price for them doing it all. Cheers

I'm your closest mate based in Bournemouth.

At the moment there is no sensible price Navi600's on ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok so I'm bidding on a nav650 on eBay and the seller says they don't have the code for it so wondering how hard it is to source an unlock code and to get this working with my car? Does it need special programming to work with my car or will it just need the unlock code?
(17:th-Oct-2017, 14:05:48)golden5673 Wrote: Ok so I'm bidding on a nav650 on eBay and the seller says they don't have the code for it so wondering how hard it is to source an unlock code and to get this working with my car? Does it need special programming to work with my car or will it just need the unlock code?

So it’s you bidding on it was going to have a bid myself later.

If you win it PM me I can unlock it for you for £50 that includes return postage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Spot on cheers boss. I will let you know if I win.
(17:th-Oct-2017, 15:09:02)golden5673 Wrote: Spot on cheers boss. I will let you know if I win.

Never won it (stupid connection at work) but now I know you can sort them out I will look out for another one. And if anyone has one going please give me a shout.
(17:th-Oct-2017, 17:47:51)golden5673 Wrote:
(17:th-Oct-2017, 15:09:02)golden5673 Wrote: Spot on cheers boss. I will let you know if I win.

Never won it (stupid connection at work) but now I know you can sort them out I will look out for another one. And if anyone has one going please give me a shout.

I'd look for a 950 tbh much better than the 650.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I was bidding too, then I saw that it can't be shipped to my country. Haha

Can you tell me please what is the difference between 650 and 950? Except maps (650 has east/west Europe, 950 has full Europe)

G5 via Tapatalk
950 has built in Bluetooth Europe mapping some better USB options. But I agree far better unit but I'm bias lol

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Managed to get hold of this unit for free in exchange for a review. Happy days.

https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscreen-a...ra-s32754f
golden5673 Wrote:Managed to get hold of this unit for free in exchange for a review. Happy days.

https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscreen-a...ra-s32754f

Lol, "HD 1080P Video" and "Playback HD 1080p Video" but only "1024*600" screen.
But anyways, nice to have for free I think.
Will see what its like when its in ha ha. Not really fussed about HD screen as long as its half decent it'll be better than the cd400
So I've installed the unit and everything works great. Apart from the indicator noise no longer works and the no seat belt noise no longer works. Any help appreciated. I've double checked the wiring and can't see anything I've missed.
Maybe something in the settings of the unit?
I know you can controll the volume of those sounds with the standard unit, so I bet you also can with your android based one.
Ok cheers. I'll contact the manufacturer to see if they know because I can't find it ha ha.
Ok so I managed to sort the sounds problem. But now my Tyre Pressure system keeps failing on the rear passenger tyre. Could this be related to me installing the new android head unit or just a coincidence? Also will my warranty be ok now I have the android unit installed? Any help and advice appreciated. Hope you've all had a great crimbo.
Hello all

I have an Astra j 63 plate with cd400. Looking to purchase a navigation unit. I have looked at the m072 but think I'd prefer a vauxhall unit. I have seen a couple on eBay. How would I go about getting it coded to my car? Are there any that won't work with mine? Thanks. Param.
(7:th-Jan-2018, 02:41:08)param84 Wrote: Hello all

I have an Astra j 63 plate with cd400. Looking to purchase a navigation unit. I have looked at the m072 but think I'd prefer a vauxhall unit. I have seen a couple on eBay. How would I go about getting it coded to my car? Are there any that won't work with mine? Thanks. Param.

I'd go with a Navi950 it has BT built in and is far better than the old Navi900.

There is also wiring changes needed.

I can unlock the 650/950 and program them to any car with DAB & Rear Camera added (via the post) for £50.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(7:th-Jan-2018, 08:36:01)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(7:th-Jan-2018, 02:41:08)param84 Wrote: Hello all

I'd go with a Navi950 it has BT built in and is far better than the old Navi900.

There is also wiring changes needed.

I can unlock the 650/950 and program them to any car with DAB & Rear Camera added (via the post) for £50.

Thank you for the prompt response. I will keep an eye out for the 950. If anyone is selling or knows where I may be able to purchase one from please let me know.

Cheers.
Param.
Hello, first post on here just moved to my first Astra (Ford owner previously!). I'm very much enjoying my 64 plate Elite 2.0 CDTI with one exception - having buttons on the stereo and steering wheel for bluetooth etc but no functionality! If an upgrade to a better unit is possible, say Nav 600/650 could someone confirm what's needed? I'm guessing I'd have to find used units, controls etc and get someone to fit and code? Many thanks.
(23:rd-Feb-2018, 21:08:42)Andrew_S-Wales Wrote: Hello, first post on here just moved to my first Astra (Ford owner previously!). I'm very much enjoying my 64 plate Elite 2.0 CDTI with one exception - having buttons on the stereo and steering wheel for bluetooth etc but no functionality! If an upgrade to a better unit is possible, say Nav 600/650 could someone confirm what's needed? I'm guessing I'd have to find used units, controls etc and get someone to fit and code? Many thanks.

If you wanted BT as part of the head unit you would need to look for a Navi950.

Otherwise your'll also need a BT module.

In terms of parts
Radio box, screen, screen surround, buttons, USB (USB/AUX & SD for 600 / 900), tray for USB, video cable & usb cables (but most scrap yards cut these).
You would also need to think about GPS signal there are a few options sharkfin (if you have the dummy already), aftermarket shark fin to cover AM/FM DAB & GPS.

You could also think about rear camera.

In terms of fitting I'm in Bournemouth and can do all the wiring needed and program it to your car, or there is John in Kettering @Jpbroad1970
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 10,473 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb
  Upgrading the CD400 sadiqr10 0 3,678 11:th-Nov-2020, 04:58:09
Last Post: sadiqr10
  Cd400 software update Lukedent1234 8 9,292 21:st-Sep-2019, 10:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  cd400 quality rbull51 9 12,186 24:th-Aug-2019, 18:02:12
Last Post: niteram
  Wanting to install bluetooth and upgrade CD400 andy2174 14 29,325 1:st-Mar-2018, 20:27:35
Last Post: marcus01
  HID upgrade Dale90 29 15,528 10:th-Aug-2017, 09:33:25
Last Post: Dale90
  CD400 reception problem MDS2017 3 8,054 3:rd-Mar-2017, 21:00:27
Last Post: GOKIWI
  ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue? Black_Cat 4 6,117 6:th-Nov-2016, 22:57:55
  Shark fin for cd400 chrisb2511 10 31,436 10:th-Aug-2016, 07:21:51
  Washer jet upgrade / change? rbull51 1 4,611 27:th-Jul-2016, 22:58:36

Who read this thread?
7 User(s) read this thread:
Michal Zabka (18:th-Dec-2023, 09:50:51), airainchoc (25:th-Jun-2023, 17:10:24), milozic (21:st-Sep-2023, 19:17:49), James37518 (16:th-Jan-2024, 17:35:43), Farkask14 (25:th-May-2023, 17:17:06), ynns (18:th-Jun-2023, 18:30:54), giderci (28:th-Feb-2024, 15:09:17)