Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
dtuk box cdti the red and 2 start stop

2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX
Vauxhall have issued an update for the ECU for all 2.0 CDTI 160/165Ps with Stop/Start.

There has been reports that this is stopping the DTUK RED BOX working correctly, DTUK are aware of this and have worked on a fix for it although the fix might not work for all at this time.

I emailed DTUK this morning to find out where I stand as I already own the box I was told
Quote:You'll just have to wait and see what happens once the car is serviced in September as there is no pattern. Some cars are affected, some aren't.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
that is actually very worrying
it looks as if this update is basically to stop the car from using a tuning box
i would think long and hard about this DTUK red box
if i had one i would want answers
Would only potentially affect the DTUK box? Not a remap *crosses fingers*
that's what i was thinking but this update
only seems to be for the 2.0l so far.
mg3091 Wrote:Would only potentially affect the DTUK box? Not a remap *crosses fingers*

All I know is DTUK RED BOX might be affected, if you have a remap on the car I've been told they can and will void your warranty, thats why I have the redbox as I can unplug it and they can't void my warranty.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Rusty2009 Wrote:All I know is DTUK RED BOX might be affected, if you have a remap on the car I've been told they can and will void your warranty, thats why I have the redbox as I can unplug it and they can't void my warranty.

I don't quite understand how they could tell to be honest.. it's something that's always baffled me...
what ever the update is it seems to effect the way the red box works
so they seem to have changed something and this box does not like it
mg3091 Wrote:I don't quite understand how they could tell to be honest.. it's something that's always baffled me...

They can tell because the software has been changed.

From what I can see it's all done with .XML files so the remapper edits the .XML file/s and this won't match up with Vauxhalls software.

(Disclaimer it might not be .XML but seems to be .XML files looking at it installed software with the MDI).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.7 cdti engine judder in 5th and 6th ScottN2211 0 1,016 21:st-Oct-2023, 16:27:48
Last Post: ScottN2211
  Astra J 1.6 CDTi increased fuel consumption _Mita 2 5,474 1:st-Mar-2020, 22:27:38
Last Post: _Mita
  Astra ST 1,6 CDTi, error code P0181 claymansvk 1 2,828 20:th-Feb-2020, 19:32:31
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J 2.0 cdti noise on cold start up Iaintruten 3 6,099 17:th-Jan-2018, 17:26:31
Last Post: Iaintruten
  DTUK Red Box Tottybye 20 12,780 25:th-Jan-2017, 22:33:15
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  dtuk box aftre softwhere update Dicko 14 10,057 4:th-Jul-2014, 06:46:06
Last Post: mark240590