Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
dtuk box red

DTUK Red Box
Hi, Does anybody know anyone that drives a Astra H Diesel that might be interested in buying a DTUK Red Box

At the moment ist programed for 2.0cdti Astra J, but for free Dtuk will swap it to work on any car that the Red Box works on.

Any help will be appreciated.
As is mate it should work with the H and veccy, mines on eBay at the mo.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
there crap they don't work on the j you will be lucky to get £150 back on it
tucpal Wrote:there crap they don't work on the j you will be lucky to get £150 back on it
Really? Mine was great & sold for £175
Using Tapatalk
(03:19:07) russell: I Have a DTUK RED BOX for the Astra-J 2011 165PS which no longer works after a software update by Vauxhall Could someone please email a list of cars that the box will work so that I can sell it please?
(03:20:04) ******@DTUK: with relevant software it will work on 1.9 cdti astra h plus vectra - thats the best cars to sell them on to
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Mine was brilliant when it worked...
Another dead box here. Update done by vauxhall, now no longer works on the GTC J. can be reflashed for a 1.9 cdti 150.
What's it worth to someone with a 1.9?
Check post 5 will already work.

I just sold mine for £135 plus £10 next day postage.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
you bought a new one?
I'm asking my cousin if he wants it for his 2.0 mondeo 140ps
andrew at dtuk said a new loom & it would work, not sure how much its worth though. £135? i'd be gutted! only had it 8 months & paid £380 with pedalbox.
Check eBay out for prices they go for ad little ad £100 and top line £170 but £150 seems the norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gatch Wrote:you bought a new one?
I'm asking my cousin if he wants it for his 2.0 mondeo 140ps
andrew at dtuk said a new loom & it would work, not sure how much its worth though. £135? i'd be gutted! only had it 8 months & paid £380 with pedalbox.

Yes I got it new November last year.

What else gets me is everyone seems to get the offer of a free flash and a discount on the new CRD but I never, they did ask if I wanted to buy the new box and I politely said No and added whats the point it will get blocked by Vauxhall before long.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i would not want to get stung twice
the crd box may be ok but thats a chance you would have to take
My thoughts too tucpal. Rusty, I meant did you replace your box? Andrew at DTUK seems to have taken the hump with me, I have asked if he can comprise on the price of 295 and have not had a reply. Shame really, I've sent loads of business his way and couldn't lie to any else who asks what customer service is like.
they really have just washed their hands of this
if they stop working on the mk5 there worthless
Just a note, Andrew insists that a re flash is needed to work on a 1.9, I think that's what he meant in your email about 'relevant' software.
I was told it would work as is for them on the phone and I even have the call recorded, and I double checked up with them.

I hope it works otherwise the buyer won't be happy!

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
All I can say is I asked Andrew today via email if a re flash was necessary for a 1.9 as I'd heard on a forum that it isn't. His response was ' The kit needs a reflash to work on a 1.9 cdti Gareth'
Ok mate would seem everyone is being told different things depending whom they speak to.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The red box does work on the Astra J till it gets flashed by a dealer. Vauxhall put something in the map for the injectors meaning it will stop working.

I have a CRD2 on my 2ltr and sweet jesus it now goes.
I have still to sell my red box, but I would like to say that I paid for a new box CRD2+ and when it came it had selectable maps. 3 different programs with +3 or -3 similar to the pedal box. I am really really pleased with the box. Currently have it on map 2 +2 and have plenty of oomph yet still averaging 42mpg around town! This is coupled with my pedalbox also on 2 + 2.
Well worth the money! I just hope this one lasts longer than the last one. Problem is, once you've had a box on, it's never going to be the same without.
Good old Dtuk had mine 6 month when it crashed after software update and he had the nerve to say have you fitted correctly then didn't want to know one scrap box

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dtuk box aftre softwhere update Dicko 14 10,088 4:th-Jul-2014, 06:46:06
Last Post: mark240590
  2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX Rusty2009 7 7,211 20:th-Mar-2014, 19:36:07
Last Post: Rusty2009