Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
heater blower and panel

heater and blower panel
If anybody has any ideas I would be grateful. Today I have been changing over to an after market head unit. When I clipped the heater blowers panel into the new facsia , and reconnected the power to them they no longer work,no power at all. Is there a specific fuse to look for or have I some how blown the panel.
A full list of fuses can be found here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses

You could locking the car for a while (overnight) then going back and see if it works you may have upset the BCM.

What aftermarket unit did you fit?

I've never had a problem unplugging my heater panel.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers rusty, its the pioneer avh 3600bt

sorry 2400bt
well , been out to the car this morning and still not working. I still haven't checked the fuses but I think it is unlikely to be that as the rear demister air con and recirculation button don't work either so im thinking new panel
is the small connector plugged in correctly at the back of the heater controls worth checking that out
You most likely did but You did start the car some functions won't work untill the engine is running.

What heater panel do you have?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
just the bog standard one with air con, recirc , rear demister and the button that speeds up the blowers

the heater panel is definitely plugged in properly. I might have to look on ebay.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1256193726

Cheapest I found mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers rusty and thanks for looking
Wasn't sheppy selling a heater panel

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1464
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
right, ordered another panel off auto Vaux and it arrived today, just fitted it and ....................................................still nothing!!!!!. Double checked the fuses and they are all fine. Are there any relays that control that panel as I now need help. I know it would be quicker to put it into a garage but I just cant afford that option yet.
can you show the after market unit you have put in and what type
as i am this is the problem
Do you still have the original stereo if so put it all back in and see what happens
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take it all out and put the old one back in tomorrow to see if it makes any difference
agree with baz there this needs checking out
I can't see it being the aftermarket unit causing this problem TBH, 1. the radio and Hvac are on separate circuits,

If you did want to unplug the aftermarket unplug the connects2 interface and then try.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Right, a quick update on my problem. I went back over everything today and have sorted it now. It turned out to be the fuse in the glove box fuse box. I decided to put my multi meter on the fuse and the reading was zero yet visually, it looked perfect so I put another fuse in and hey presto working. Such a huge relief , many thanks for the help and advice from the members and a word to everybody that this should be something to bear in mind if it happens to somebody else, just because the fuse looks ok just check it with a meter
glad you got it sorted out

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Blower issues Abc 9 3,380 14:th-Oct-2020, 13:29:13
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Heater Issue StewieG 1 3,007 16:th-Feb-2019, 08:59:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Pipercross VS K&N panel filter (Astra GTC 1.6T) Kieran 11 16,731 16:th-Oct-2016, 23:07:39
Last Post: sanj424
  Blower vents Dual Zone Climate question? Zcubed 4 4,519 11:th-Feb-2016, 19:04:28
Last Post: Zcubed
  Panel next to roof lights sheppy1 10 6,530 8:th-Mar-2015, 19:09:29
Last Post: sheppy1
  Dbilas Flowmaster or just K&N panel filter in standard airbox? JJ-Yorks 1 4,835 1:st-Dec-2014, 00:11:12
Last Post: tucpal