Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to facelift remove fog surround how

How-to remove fog surround Facelift

How-to remove fog surround Facelift

Tools needed
1x trim tool
1x cross head screw driver.

Ok so the first thing we need to do is pop the two covers off that are hiding the screws.

So we shall start with the top one, so grab your trim tool there is a slit which will allow you pop this cover of it's very tight.

Once it popped off so far you then need to pull it towards the back of the car.

Now onto the bottom cover, again there is slit for getting the trim tool in, and you just pull towards you (be careful I broke mine the first time I did it).

Now undo the screws one behind each cover.

Now pull the surround towards you from the grill side (Be warned there is a very flimsy plastic clip here that could break).

Once free then you need to pull the outside towards you.

Now you can change the indicator bulb if needed.

If you want to remove the fog light then undo the 3 screws marked in RED, the one marked green is for adjustment.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Great tutorial mate!! was able to find those screws the other day but good to see the whole tut on how to Remove it.

Let's see if my chrome trim looks the part..if not I'll be doing the whole light surround replacement :P ha

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

grate how to rusty
Hi does anyone now where you can get them little plastic covers from next to the foglight thanks gav
i think sheppy just got some from the dealers he may know the price
Ok thanks cheers mate
Hey guys, yeah picked some up... Think they were about a fiver each... Definitely weren't much more than that and could have been as little as 4 quid. I'm out atm but I can find the invoice when I get in if you need an exact price

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

I'll find the invoice actually as I think you'll need the part number too. The one on the back of the part is only a reference number and I had to have them dig out the proper part number for me

Nice one and you can get them from any vauxhall dealers cheers thanks mate
Yeah you can, if they don't have them they will order them in. Or you can try autovaux.co.uk

Cheers for your help i give them a try thanks mate
Here's the part number mate: 13387233

They're £3.62 on Auto Vaux, I don't think I paid anymore from vauxhall themselves. That is only for the driver side one though... I don't know what the passenger side part number is. Would guess it would be one digit either way for the last digit e.g. 13387232 or 13387234.

Cheers your a star thanks for that mate
No problem! Hope you get it sorted

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How-to remove roof aerial Rusty2009 17 25,337 11:th-Sep-2019, 10:28:43
Last Post: Despoina-Varypati
  How To Remove Rear bumper Rusty2009 17 34,757 7:th-Jan-2019, 18:18:25
Last Post: jamietomlin
  How to remove Wing Mirror Covers, Astra j tucpal 12 30,003 5:th-May-2017, 20:37:31
Last Post: Tonto
  How-to remove Window trims & door mirrors Rusty2009 27 33,263 28:th-Mar-2017, 11:44:01
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift) Rusty2009 31 49,175 28:th-Dec-2016, 22:58:13
Last Post: tucpal
  How to remove Rear bumper Reflectors Rusty2009 11 20,943 31:st-Jan-2015, 10:31:31
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (16:th-Jan-2024, 14:22:04), Apotetyk (5:th-May-2023, 23:53:51), Dominattor (26:th-Oct-2023, 21:54:26)