Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
led street lights beam assist high and

High Beam Assist and LED street lights
Does anyone else's car struggle to detect that there are LED street lights so sticks main beam on?

They have recently replaced all the local street lights to the LED style which is great but now if I have High Beam Assist switched on the car thinks there are no street lights so it puts high beam on.
Nope not noticed this issue
Using Tapatalk
The A1 around Newcastle has been converted to LED lights, as you drive along you get the feeling you are driving under spot lights, as it goes very bright while you you are under one, then as you move along the the light drops to quite dim but still usable. I don't have High Beam Assist so that to have the problems you speak of, but I can understand how the LEDs are confused by them. I would sooner have the previous type of lighting.
This is the view most seen by others
they will be standard soon they save the counsel alot of cash on street lighting
There also are a couple of dual carriageways around here, that they switch the lights off after midnight, again to save money.
This is the view most seen by others
they have been doing this also were i live and it is not very pedestrian friendly

and the first casualty by us

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...HuLARQ7JEA

but i think she did not have lights on her bike
I've found the lights near the house to be a lot better than those they replaced. But the set on Anna's parents road are crap wonder if there is a setting or they are different makes.
They replaced all the ones around me I don't think they are as bright but on the plus side they don't hurt my eyes bringing on a migraine.

It's what all the councils are doing in a bid to save money I wonder if they have worked out the cost of each bulb plus man hours changing them plus vehicle costs I wouldn't be surprised if they don't see any savings for a few years yet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There's a really bad set of led lights near my sisters which go up the posts on a zebra crossing they are so bright they blind you during the day never mind at night.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,846 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  High Idle 1.7 cdti Cossie 0 2,691 26:th-Aug-2019, 07:06:32
Last Post: Cossie
  Happyblue module ambient lights Kdun 1 2,568 9:th-Mar-2019, 10:22:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New member - Led lights HarryH 7 4,332 4:th-Jan-2019, 13:55:53
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J GTC Daytime running lights Wanna_be_dj 5 6,561 1:st-Jun-2018, 09:49:33
Last Post: Wanna_be_dj
  Ambience lights gtc Wullie1967 0 2,601 10:th-Mar-2018, 10:24:05
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Astra GTC ambience lights Wullie1967 2 3,492 9:th-Mar-2018, 19:14:13
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Unlocking with lights on Mspencer 10 6,501 21:st-Jan-2018, 20:32:19
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Licsence plate lights Nathjnz 2 2,957 11:th-Dec-2017, 16:37:25
Last Post: Nathjnz
  Engine Revs High MoosaM 1 2,819 15:th-Nov-2017, 21:07:00
Last Post: Iaintruten