Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
led new lights member

New member - Led lights
Hi all, 

New membrr here, just took delivery of my Astra GTC 1.6T last month. 

Been snooping for sometime and decided to create an account as could do with some advice. 

making some modifications to the car, the latest was to order some LED headlights from Horizon LEDs. 

Got them fitted to the car, while they look great, nice and bright, it doesnt rrally translate to much light on the road. 

Also seem to have a spot with almost no light on the road. 

Now the lights were fitted by my local garage. Does anyone know if led lights need to be adjusted or focused? Could it be a problem with the fitting or just ***** bulbs. 

Considering going back to halogen and writing off the leds. If i do this, can anyone advise the brightest bulbs out there? 

Thansk in advance for any help, im not very technical and have no idea what to do. 

?
Led's aren't actually road legal from understanding.

And although they might be bright they don't light the road up, I'd advise a HID kit as you have the projectors already.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I thought HID kits were illegal and mot fail?
I fitted them to my wife's car hidden it all and it passed MOT no issues, Also fitted a few sets to other GTC's and they have passed their MOT's no issues.

Having the projector already helps with HID's if you had a none projector light I would advise against a HID kit.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Can you recommend a HID kit?

Cheers guys
(1:st-Jan-2019, 19:39:49)HarryH Wrote: Can you recommend a HID kit?

Cheers guys

A company called Londoncolour (all one word) on ebay gets good feedback on most forums I frequent.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/londoncolour?...7675.l2559

Even though they've tightened up the MOT regs, HIDs will pass providing they're aligned correctly, and the correct colour. If you've got auto headlight height adjust and headlight washers - they have to work. If they're not fitted they cannot fail something that isn't there. Some cars that have factory fit HIDs don't have washers or auto height adjust. eg, older Renault Meganes and at least one Mitsubishi Evo.

Basically it's still a grey area, and down to the MOT testers discretion.
(2:nd-Jan-2019, 14:01:25)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(1:st-Jan-2019, 19:39:49)HarryH Wrote: Can you recommend a HID kit?

Cheers guys

A company called Londoncolour (all one word) on ebay gets good feedback on most forums I frequent.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/londoncolour?...7675.l2559

Even though they've tightened up the MOT regs, HIDs will pass providing they're aligned correctly, and the correct colour. If you've got auto headlight height adjust and headlight washers - they have to work. If they're not fitted they cannot fail something that isn't there. Some cars that have factory fit HIDs don't have washers or auto height adjust. eg, older Renault Meganes and at least one Mitsubishi Evo.

Basically it's still a grey area, and down to the MOT testers discretion.

They can't test the auto leveling system and because of that they have to assume it is working and pass it. in regards to headlamp wash on the MOT tests my car has had since fitting they have never held the washer long enough to activate (in fact they seem to test it outside before while the headlights are off) still passes MOT, I guess it depends on the tester.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(4:th-Jan-2019, 13:18:51)Rusty2009 Wrote: They can't test the auto leveling system and because of that they have to assume it is working and pass it. in regards to headlamp wash on the MOT tests my car has had since fitting they have never held the washer long enough to activate (in fact they seem to test it outside before while the headlights are off) still passes MOT, I guess it depends on the tester.

Place I use, they open the boot and get a couple of burly mechanics to sit on the bottom edge of the boot recess and also bounce up and down to test the auto height adjust.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remap / New Member, Hi! MidlandsGTC 1 1,397 5:th-Jan-2021, 08:42:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Happyblue module ambient lights Kdun 1 2,555 9:th-Mar-2019, 10:22:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J GTC Daytime running lights Wanna_be_dj 5 6,519 1:st-Jun-2018, 09:49:33
Last Post: Wanna_be_dj
  Ambience lights gtc Wullie1967 0 2,585 10:th-Mar-2018, 10:24:05
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Astra GTC ambience lights Wullie1967 2 3,471 9:th-Mar-2018, 19:14:13
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Unlocking with lights on Mspencer 10 6,468 21:st-Jan-2018, 20:32:19
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Licsence plate lights Nathjnz 2 2,938 11:th-Dec-2017, 16:37:25
Last Post: Nathjnz
  Auto Lights Breengin 8 5,246 11:th-Nov-2017, 21:17:42
Last Post: umognog
  Help day time lights andiman t 8 5,262 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:08:53
Last Post: andiman t
  Fitted rear led lights, now bulb warning issues twinpipes 3 4,583 27:th-Jul-2017, 21:02:41
Last Post: Hummelshøj

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (23:rd-Jun-2023, 21:14:50)