VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread Rusty2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2:nd-Aug-2018, 15:23:27)F3NTN Wrote: [ -> ]Cracking work mate, love the exhaust. Have you been changing oil & filter after the DPF sensors being replaced?

Thank-you.

I did once yes when the oil had over a 1lt of diesel in it. I always check the oil after a DPF sensor issue if the level is ok and there is no smell of diesel then I wait till service.
(30:th-Jul-2018, 19:10:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Just be-careful a lot of people seem to have issues with the DPF after a remap.

Wonder that will show up then if DPF removed.

Which issues did they have after a remap?

I'm also thinking about remap and I'm afraid of DPF problems.

Note 8 via Tapatalk
(5:th-Aug-2018, 14:34:21)mislav_os Wrote: [ -> ]
(30:th-Jul-2018, 19:10:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Just be-careful a lot of people seem to have issues with the DPF after a remap.

Wonder that will show up then if DPF removed.

Which issues did they have after a remap?

I'm also thinking about remap and I'm afraid of DPF problems.

Note 8 via Tapatalk

DPF doing far more regens, failing DPF sensor's and blocked DPF's.
OK, thank you. That is really bad, it have 55k km and I really don't want problems with DPF.

Note 8 via Tapatalk
Well the car passed yet another MOT no advisories.

So she was dropped off afterwards for her Major service.
Well thanks to Mark for the bi-turbo leather seats.

Took some work still need to make a bracket and weld onto the passenger seat for seatbelt pretensioner.

[Image: 64199d11ec510cbe95f2142dbc7578ae.jpg]

[Image: c9fece106cf58feffd2c7e2312bf4fec.jpg]

[Image: 6648adfe0806b0770bab16ec54aee92a.jpg]

[Image: a750e036504ab8282cc227105781eb05.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(8:th-Sep-2018, 17:13:49)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Well thanks to Mark for the bi-turbo leather seats.

Took some work still need to make a bracket and weld onto the passenger seat for seatbelt pretensioner.

Looks really great Rusty!
Looking good mate

(8:th-Sep-2018, 17:13:49)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Well thanks to Mark for the bi-turbo leather seats.

Looking great Russ! Really nice seats mate

Nice mate..

The red trim isn't standing out in ya face.blends in Nice.
are the back seats split folding?..

Cheers

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
Yes back seats are split folding mate.

Must admit that they were quite comfortable seats & I am glad that that they have been retrofitted in such a short space of time, never had any problems with heated seats turning off & at least they have found a good home.
Well the time came where my battery was starting to die.

So I got a new one for £114.

[Image: New%20battery.jpg]
Rusty that is a decent price for the battery.
(13:th-Oct-2018, 22:38:57)marktourino Wrote: [ -> ]Rusty that is a decent price for the battery.

Deffo Everywhere else wanted £250+ luckily I was able to use my mechanic's trade account.
Well I have some parts in ready for the next retrofit.

The plan is EPB & Flex-ride.

I have the EPB module which has been tucked up in the loft for a little while.

And I have the shocks for the flex-ride, had to buy some additional sensors, @Vocky kindly donated a flex-ride loom that he had.

[Image: flexride.jpg]
That should be a really good improvement!
Keep us updated

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk

plasma

Was hoping you'd finished the other project first....

Whats EPB? Not heard of that one before... Hardest bit will be coding that lot in I reckon
(7:th-Dec-2018, 14:50:15)Jonika21 Wrote: [ -> ]That should be a really good improvement!
Keep us updated

I'm hoping so, sport mode on the motorway and touring mode round the doors.

(7:th-Dec-2018, 19:45:51)plasma Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping you'd finished the other project first....

Whats EPB?   Not heard of that one before...  Hardest bit will be coding that lot in I reckon

The other project is still being worked on.

EPB is elec handbrake, Programming is all done hence the parts being brought.
I have a question regarding how did you get the power fold mirrors to work with locking/ unlocking the car rather than manually?
(31:st-Dec-2018, 19:47:02)Telsun Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question regarding how did you get the power fold mirrors to work with locking/ unlocking the car rather than manually?

I brought a module from A20DTH.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Aut...ng-mirrors
Front camera retrofit completed at long last.

Thanks to @plasma for getting my VIN into the Camera.

[Image: FC.jpg]

[Image: FC1.jpg]

[Image: FC2.jpg]

[Image: FC3.jpg]

[Image: FC4.jpg]

[Image: FC5.jpg]

[Image: FC6.jpg]

[Image: FC7.jpg]
a great mod, well done
Mad respect! Congratulations rusty!

What about the flexride? Do you have any news?

Enviado do meu SM-T580 através do Tapatalk
(4:th-Feb-2019, 01:21:20)Jonika21 Wrote: [ -> ]Mad respect! Congratulations rusty!

What about the flexride? Do you have any news?

Enviado do meu SM-T580 através do Tapatalk

Flexride is awaiting connectors to arrive so I can connect to the front shock, been waiting since November.
Flex-ride progress update.

Module fitted as I post the thread about them https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fle...-retro-fit

Shocks have all been fitted, Flex-ride module I has been programmed via SPS with VIN. loom all ran and wired up.

Only thing left to do is to make the looms to front shocks (all parts now here) extend the n/s loom as it's a tad too short for some reason.
Very cool mate. Congratulations!

Great work again mate!
All the hard work have to come to fruition, some monumental mods that proves with a bit of effort, thought, money & time then anything is achievable, well worth the hard graft Rusty.
Well it's taken a year for me to get round to doing the front end wiring & most likely only happened due to lock-down.

But I took the time to re-dye the headliner, A-pillar and repaint the trims parts.

When the headliner was out the Mrs suggested I sound poof the roof while it was out, so I did that, then got the bug to rip the rest out and do the floor too.

I then decided I would also rerun all the wiring I've thrown in over the retrofits and make it all run 100% as per factory (rude not to while the car was in total bits).

I also wanted to change the rear camera loom I fitted as the cabling I used was far too thick and the image wasn't the best.

She also then got a full wash, clay, compound, polish & waxing.

IPC LED colour changed to ICE Blue. The flex-ride is just waiting on me doing so programming but on road test the suspension appears to working nicely.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

Video to watch here!!!

[Image: 12.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

[Image: 16.jpg]

[Image: 17.jpg]

[Image: 18.jpg]

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: 21.jpg]

[Image: 22.jpg]

[Image: 23.jpg]

[Image: 24.jpg]

[Image: 25.jpg]

[Image: 26.jpg]

[Image: 27.jpg]

[Image: 28.jpg]

[Image: 29.jpg]

[Image: 30.jpg]

[Image: 31.jpg]

[Image: 32.jpg]

[Image: 33.jpg]

[Image: 34.jpg]

[Image: 35.jpg]

[Image: 36.jpg]

[Image: 37.jpg]

[Image: 38.jpg]

[Image: 39.jpg]

[Image: 40.jpg]

[Image: 41.jpg]

[Image: 42.jpg]

[Image: 43.jpg]

[Image: 44.jpg]
jeeze dude,
I know we've all got a lot of time on our hands...
but that's a bit excessive

congratulations, I bet it sounds a bit different inside now.
What did you use for the sound proofing?

I have a long list of changes in needing to make, but waiting on a new workspace being built as it will give me oodles of indoor space to work in.

Like yourself, will have so much out by that point, I might as well Big grin

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
It passed 3 weeks & the weather was good for it too.

Alot quieter inside now yes.

I used this stuff got a 5 meter roll which left me short for the boot so had to get some other stuff (I wouldn't recommend it total crap to work with) get 10M of the below and you'll have plenty
https://www.vandalised.co.uk/shop/insula...nsulation/
Thanks bud.

One of my biggest gripes about the sports tourer is the noise (and a rattle) so will give this a bash.

I also need to repair a dent/scratch down the side, which is resulting in a full respray I think - by the time I do one side (yup, it went front to back) the bonnet for some chips & the roof for some chips, might as well finish the thing!

As I'm doing that, replacing the camera & loom at the same time, need to redo the footwells, puddle lights, rear floods too... The list goes on and on.

Yes mine is era marked for a full respray too.

But once you start you may as well go the full hog.
Rusty

Another epic job done on the car keep up the good work, as for myself I am now looking at my next project car, will keep you updated accordingly.
Well after installing the Infinity sound system some time ago 2 the speakers where to big to fit the doors (as the system came out of a GTC).

I did buy some infinity speakers but alas the seller listed them as 2omh when in fact they where 4ohm this has resulted in the front door speakers being rather quite.

So I've finally invested in a proper 2ohm set of Infinity Kappa speakers (from what I can find online these speakers are very highly rated and are very sourced after) Thanks to @Vocky for recommending them.

I was also very surprised as these came from the USA and took less than 48hrs to be in my hands.

Now I just need to finish off sorting my garage so I can get the car back in uncovered to fit them.

[Image: Infinity%20speakers.jpeg]
The car passed it's M.O.T last Monday no advisory's at all.

Service was Friday, Need new pads all round pretty soon.

Yesterday saw the rear and front bumper off for extra parking sensors & wiring to be fitted.
Revisiting the dual reverse fog light.
Got some dual white & red super bright LED bulbs from aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32780015...4c4drxAvzo

Modified the bulb holder to take the bulbs and hooked them up so as to only need to run a feed to each bulb holder as they do have a spare slot for a 4th pin.

I love this thread! Wish I lived near you so you could help me out with stuff!

Im on instagram @thewhiteastra if you can give me a follow!

Might need your help in the future!

Car looks epic when in bits haha
Rusty - those bulbs do look good!
nice job.
Rusty

Good job done mate.
Thanks chaps a few more updates to come on after testing they work.

I'm also looking into trying to get a raspberry PI to work with the Navi950 so I can get android auto, I've been looking into many things but I really do find the factory BT the best so would really like to retain that.

I do have a cheap small aftermarket unit on the way also so a things I'm testing out to get android auto working but I want the screen up the top where factory screen is.
Like all good things for me, will hopefully be able to get into that myself soon as the life of moving home becomes more settled!

Would be interested in knowing what you plan to use with the rPi for connectivity, both car and any external networking, as well as power state & boot.

I've been thinking about running a pi zero very lean with its own battery for when the engine is off with the ability to swap out the battery if and when needed, or provide a v-in for when it's parked up. Confuse the neighbours with how I'm recharging my car with a usb-c lead....not the electric car most people think of.

(8:th-Sep-2020, 11:13:11)umognog Wrote: [ -> ]Like all good things for me, will hopefully be able to get into that myself soon as the life of moving home becomes more settled!

Would be interested in knowing what you plan to use with the rPi for connectivity, both car and any external networking, as well as power state & boot.

I've been thinking about running a pi zero very lean with its own battery for when the engine is off with the ability to swap out the battery if and when needed, or provide a v-in for when it's parked up. Confuse the neighbours with how I'm recharging my car with a usb-c lead....not the electric car most people think of.

Still working it all out myself, I've got the video interface coming which I'm I can hook the rPI into somehow. for powering still not sure yet TBH.  It was a video I saw on YouTube about rPI & android auto which got me thinking about it.  I also know the Chevy in states had a touch screen Navi950 just need to track down the part number.

The small aftermarket radio I've ordered is this one but I doubt that was before I saw the rPI but it gives me a starting point if I do have to end up going aftermarket.
Rusty, loving this thread.

You heard of a guy called CYLED on facebook?

Just bought every bulb off him LED for the car.

I will start a progress thead myself soon (photo heavy).

Just a quick one, where do the photos get uplaoded too?

@thewhiteastra
(8:th-Sep-2020, 20:37:37)M222RJF Wrote: [ -> ]Rusty, loving this thread.

@thewhiteastra

Thanks mate.

Yes I got all the bulbs for the Mrs Mokka of him sells on ebay too.

You can upload them to a photo hosting site (Photobucket keeps moving the goal post so I'd suggest finding another) failing that you can send them to me & I'll upload them to the forum server & send you links to put in your post.
(9:th-Sep-2020, 10:28:24)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(8:th-Sep-2020, 20:37:37)M222RJF Wrote: [ -> ]Rusty, loving this thread.

@thewhiteastra

Thanks mate.

Yes I got all the bulbs for the Mrs Mokka of him sells on ebay too.

You can upload them to a photo hosting site (Photobucket keeps moving the goal post so I'd suggest finding another) failing that you can send them to me & I'll upload them to the forum server & send you links to put in your post.
Spot on, my bulbs arrived today (£130 quids worth!)

Will be fitting them this week including VXR front and rear bumpers and skirts *full aero kit
So finally after getting a few dodgy sensors I've been able to complete the advanced park assist and blind spot retrofit.

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

The advanced park assist is total rubbish you have to stop before it will give the next command (but I didn't want it for that I just wanted the blind spot feature).
Another quality install Rusty, glad that the system is up & running, I find with advance park assist ok but there is about a four inch gap between the kerb & the wheels when I use the park assist on the K.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9