VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread Rusty2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OK I will go for the one you said , can you tell me how to install it ? Thanks

I was having a look on eBay the one you have , it's £130 with GPS I will get that one, how did you install your thanks for all your help ,
Right looking at the unit you have I can see the aerial plug but I can't see what the GPS plug is so if you or @sheppy1 could get me a pic or info on the connector type I can sort a complete list of what you need.

Install is really easy, remove the old aerial and fit new one, then run the new cable along to left hand c-pillar then run down the c-pillar. Remove the kick panel from the doors.

Then run the cables along there, then under the steering wheel to the radio. the power cable runs to the 12v socket (tap into the purple wire).
Thanks for that I will do that sounds easy I will try to get you a pic , in the pic the 12v power cable will they give me the length to run to the purple cable or will I have to buy 12v power cable seperlety ?thanks
You buy the FM and power cable separate (they come as one) and its more than long enough.
Well today I did a few jobs on the car.

I started by removing the SRI front shocks and springs to change the shocks back to my elite ones.

I then moved onto removing the rear shocks and found one of the rear springs had snapped.

So I fitted all my elite springs and shocks back on, I won't be buying another SRI spring as it seems a common issue for the rears to snap.

I then proceeded to change all the discs and pads for my EBC ones.

And do a gearbox oil change.

[attachment=663]

[attachment=664]

[attachment=665]

I will get some more pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd love to have the ability to do these things myself... good work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Couple more pics

[attachment=679]

[attachment=680]

[attachment=681]

Car is in for her 2nd MOT this morning at 9am couldn't see anything to fail it while under it.

Well it's good news the car passed its MOT with no advisories.

[attachment=682]

Nice one mate, that's both cars. Bet you're happy!

congrats great news
Yes very happy.

Today I did my Heater panel LED conversion, I've stuck with the same theme white around the dials.

[Image: LED2.jpg]

[Image: LED3.jpg]
That looks awesome! Good job rusty
looks much better
looks really good mate, who would all white look? as Im thinking on that tbh?
Did some extra changes today in the tell-tell lights as my daughter thought it would look nice and TBH it does look nice in the flesh.

[attachment=683]

[attachment=684]

[attachment=685]

[attachment=686]

[attachment=687]

So they go white, green & red.

I've since made the aircon tell-tell green, and will get some better pics later.

i like that well done
Well she's gone black

[attachment=694]

[attachment=695]

[attachment=696]

I also swapped grills over for my dark grey one.

[attachment=697]

[attachment=698]

Will get some better pics later.

Also swapped out rear fuseboard to high spec which will allow a retrofit of trailer and amp plus more.

Looks good, although that's one dark car you now have. How did you colour the plastics?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(24:th-Aug-2016, 16:49:20)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, although that's one dark car you now have. How did you colour the plastics?

TBF it's not gloomy atall which I was worried about it somehow feels more how it should of been & it ties the doors and dash in.

I used etch primer (for plastic) 3 thin coats, and just Matt Black spray paint (3 light coats 1 heavy coat).

Ahh that's ok then. What about the headliner?

well done mate i will get around to doing my one soon
what did you use for the headliner mate
I would love that in our car, looks great!
This is what I used cheapest place I've found it from with free next day delivery too.

http://www.fabricspray.co.uk/shop/uphols...er-6-cans/

Also the headliner will look black after a couple of coats and it is black to the eye but if you take a picture it will look patchy and grey so give it a good coating.
Well yesterday the Mrs's car decided to run the fan constant draining the battery so I had to drive her around for work.

On way home SVS popped up and car went into limp mode, too late to check it last night so this morning I looked into it.

SVS message up before even starting the car plug and get a P2453-5A Disel Particulate Filter (DPF) Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit - Not Plausible.

Checked oil level and well above the MAX mark and the smell of diesel is very strong.

Rang dealers and got told 5th Sep so booked it in.

Rang them abit later to see if they had a loan car on that date which they don't, they managed to get me booked in at other dealers on the 1st September but If I dropped the car off today they would try and get to it before then.

So the car has been towed to the dealers as I don't want to risk engine run-on or a fire in the sump.

I've also managed to fix the Wife's car and it towed mine to the dealers.
Sounds like a combination of lots of failed regens.

Sump catching fire?! WTF?
(25:th-Aug-2016, 16:29:25)Jj0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a combination of lots of failed regens.

Every time it's a done a regen its completed even did one last night while in limp mode.

I don't stop it doing a regen as I know it's bad for the car.

Speaking with a VX tech he said it's the sensor at fault not failed regens.

Ok so the dealers rang me.

The sensor is at fault causing failed DPF regens.

They will replace the sensor under warranty but will not do any the needed software update or manual regen nor oil & filter change under warranty.

I've been onto VX and am awaiting a call back.

As far as I'm concerned none of the bits not covered would need doing if the sensor wasn't at fault.

Not good news. New sensor, software update and manual regen cost me 70 quid at main dealer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Knew it would be failed regens but still baffled (excuse the pun) as to what makes you think your sump would internally combust! Lol.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon, and yes I agree you should be covered under warranty all day long for that.
(1:st-Sep-2016, 10:47:22)Jj0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Knew it would be failed regens but still baffled (excuse the pun) as to what makes you think your sump would internally combust! Lol.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon, and yes I agree you should be covered under warranty all day long for that.

Well there were failed regens but it was due to a faulty sensor if the sensor hadn't failed the failed regens wouldn't of happened.

There was over 1L of diesel in the oil, diesel doesn't ignite with a spark it's heat, so when the engine gets hot your taking your chances same with the possible engine run on.

VX wouldn't cover anything bar the sensor stating the lifetime warranty is just a keep the car going and will only replace the failed part and any damage caused to any other part will be down to me to replace.

They also said I could have the sensor replaced and do the programming myself but I would lose the warranty on the whole DPF, so I had no choice but to pay the stealers what they wanted.

I did get them down to £59 for oil & filter change (I supplied parts) programming and manual DPF regen.

Wierd they didnt paid for all it caused.

Hope it end well and car is healthy soon.
Ok so I got my car back and everything seems fine now, had a few days of thinking about getting rid of it but once I drove it that went.

I've since finished painting on the radio.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
Much better
I actually like that!

Hi Rusty , I want to replace the oil and filter in my 1.7 diesel engine i know how to change the oil and filter , just woundering i didnt get a washer in the filter for the diesel oil , can i reuse the the washer in the nut or will i have to get a new one ?
thanks
you should always change the washer ebay or any dealer will have them in stock
Yep always use a new washer.
You've got a led out on your lock switch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I so want a colour screen in my vxr with the navi its the only option my car doesnt seem to have. Looks really good does your car Big grin
Ok so thanks to another member posting a picture I found a night theme I really liked.

So I flashed it to my navi900

[attachment=724]

[attachment=725]

I couldn't find one I liked for day theme so I've started making my own (still a WIP)

[attachment=726]

[attachment=727]

[attachment=728]

Looks good that
Yes, I saw that one too, it does look nice.
Just me that thinks it's bloody awful & tacky? No offence Rusty!

Just reminds me of those wolf jumpers grannys wear.

[Image: Nick010.jpg]
Well I had a parcel today

[attachment=736]

Very impressed with how much loom they supplied when I only asked for the plugs

[attachment=737]

Nice rusty !

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Infinity setup... Also one of the things I want to upgrade to... Niiiice!!
Glad you got all the looms also
Ok a few small things have happened so I might as well do an update.

First is I ripped out the aftermarket towbar wiring and fitted factory, I wasn't paying Vauxhalls price for 13pin plug @ £180+ so I made my own for £55.

Also I was getting fed up with an all blue IPC so I've changed it to follow my blue & white theme.

[Image: IPC.jpg]

As for the infinity setup that's still all in loft as I'm having issues sourcing the correct terminals.
Thanks to @wellsy for recommending carpro to me.

I washed and polished and then put waterblock on Sunday, I just did the bonnet and roof as a test.

[attachment=806]

[attachment=807]

The cars been out in all weathers and has been wet, @wellsy said I did a good job and water beed is perfect.

[attachment=808]

[attachment=809]

A short drive once the rain stopped and it's dry.

[attachment=811]

It's also still looking clean which is great as I put off washing it for quite some time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9