VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread Rusty2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Looks awesome mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jealous of that blue cluster! In fact all of the blue in your car! Mines red and orange and gives me a headache! haha
Thanks mate.

The red is very in your face.
Maybe I'll change it one day Wink hehe. I'm sure this has been addressed on here before but I have no idea where! But how do you get all that info on the screen at one time? Is it different to the screen I have?
Yes mate a totally different screen, problem is when you look at a picture with the unit off you can't tell the difference.

Im still convinced that it is the same screen tho and it's just a case of programming.
how to section for the color change but it not easy to do but rusty or baz may do it if you ask nice
and you can live with out the speedo for a few days
Yeah defo the same screen [MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] You know how vauxhall are! they recycle parts wherever possible and just limit them via software!
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] I'm sure I'll survive :P the speedo is now 5mph out though which is gonna be annoying lol.
still sure that is just the position
My speedo is 1MPH out and the Rev counter is the same,
Just need to tweak them.

[attachment=297]

[attachment=298]

I had them spot too before pushing them home.

Well Many thanks to  For suggesting White for my doors after I got stuck what colour to choose &  for modifying the board for me.

I did have to swap the LED's to some slightly brighter white ones as the first lot I had where just not very bright.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]
Looks good mate now for the center one :-) i think looks odd having that red now

The GID will go Blue when I have £35 to spend on the LEDS just not sure what colour to make the gear stick light thinking maybe White to match the doors.
The White looks much better, I really like it
well done
I deicide I needed to tone down the blue fascia so I did just that, I think just by swapping the colours around it look much better now.

[Image: Radio%20fasica.jpg]

I also made a start on my front end colour idea.

[Image: fog%20surround.jpg]

[Image: fog%20surround%201.jpg]
coming along nicely mate
Wheels now fitted to the car think they look much better than the old silver.

I've also fitted new mirror caps thanks to  

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]
Looking really good mate
Thanks mate.
Looking very nice mate
they look very smart
They do look way better
Shark fin fitted very happy with it and worth the cost.

[Image: 3.jpg]

The Shark fin is this one
http://www.calearo.com/eng/automotive-af...677937.php

You can buy it here they have a 5% off code (if out of stock other places sale it).
http://www.npautoparts.co.uk/car-audio-c...ial-p79676

Also there is one with GPS
http://www.npautoparts.co.uk/car-audio-c...ial-p79678
cool mate reception good then lol
Yes mate just got back from getting the kids and I thought I'd pop to an area where the reception always drops with the mast and it held the signal no problems at all.
well done looks very good
Looks so much better than the standard aerials!! Well done mate!
Awesome how do I order one Smile
(3:rd-Jun-2015, 18:41:57)Lewis6317 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome how do I order one Smile

Added the links into my post above (post 73)
maybe best to do a how to with what cables are needed and link,s etc rusty
as this will be popular topic
I've got pics to make a howto on removing the aerial, didn't bother with taking any of running the wires tho.
Well the car is ready for her 1st MOT tomorrow at 10:00.

Good luck mate, I'm sure she'll fly through it!

Had to leave the car at the garage as VOSA have changed the system and they can't log in.

But on the way I grabbed a quick pic off the car as she stands now before it gets dirty again.

[Image: Car%2017-08-2015.jpg]

She's been lowered on the SRI springs and shocks.

Also fitted a VXR gear knob

Looks grate mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Thanks mate she's getting there slowly.
All passed with no advisory's.
Love the gear stick, think I may watch out for a VXD one if they ain't too expensive!

Well done I have my 3rd one in October never had any problems as yet just shows if you look after your car it will pay off so what's next rusty on the list [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Well I upgraded the Head unit last week as the wife needed a new one, I've now got a Kenwood DNX7250DAB unit.

But the first thing is her 3rd service next month.

The next thing on the list really is a full respray into Arden blue or Boracay Blue that's on the Mokka so I'm saving my money up for that. 

But first the wife needs a new car and she wants a Mokka 1.7CDTI to which I've told her what extras it must have.

I've a full set of front and rear EBC slotted and grooved disc and yellow stuff pads ready to go her.
cool look forward to that do they have the new 1.6 cdti in the mokka yet
Respray would be awesome

I don't know if they have put it in but she'll be getting a used one SE trim & I said it must have AFL.
Cool some of the first one's were well specked
found something you are looking for rusty

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231634350559?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Rusty will be very happy with that

Nice one mate that's cheaper than new door cards gotta order them without the wife finding out.
Ooh they do actually look really nice! I'm not normally a chrome person but having it on door speakers already I think it'd look good!

always been after that for the front speakers
I will get them next month as I have a few other bits to get at the moment
I have the factory chrome on the door card speakers
so they should match very well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9