VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread Rusty2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I found them on aliexpress get all 3 for £25 on there.
You got a link?
Will get them later mate.
Thanks I will check them out later on
They all state in description only suitable for left hand drive
That's no problem there all the same [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
ermmm i like the ones on top of dash
just ordered the dash trims will let you know how they look
as i do like the look of them
(10:th-Sep-2015, 08:27:00)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]just ordered the dash trims will let you know how they look
as i do like the look of them

Cool I've not got round to ordering them yet.
Not really been update for awhile.

But yesterday I fitted some pocket lights in the front.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

At night

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
Looking good mate
Very nice. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Looks great with white, very clean and smart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice mate :-)

So I dropped the car Wednesday afternoon for the Alloy refurb & new tyres to go on.

Picked it up last night and really happy with them.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

They came cheaper than I was quoted too so well happy at that.
very nice color mate nothing better than nice clean refurbished alloys
Looks great, making me want bigger alloys now haha!

(27:th-Nov-2015, 11:13:54)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]very nice color mate nothing better than nice clean refurbished alloys

Yeah I know only thing is the rest of the car needs a clean. Just not getting a chance ATM.
Just placed my order for a few bits for the car today only spent £32 but can't wait for all the bits to turn up.
Ooooo what you got coming mate?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
It's chrome and a couple of other bits.
What colour are them alloys?
(27:th-Dec-2015, 12:23:05)irmartyn Wrote: [ -> ]What colour are them alloys?

It's the Audi alloy colour done in gloss rather than mat from the below set of wheels
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=audi+a...mrBWj6M%3A
(27:th-Dec-2015, 12:26:09)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27:th-Dec-2015, 12:23:05)irmartyn Wrote: [ -> ]What colour are them alloys?

It's the Audi alloy colour done in gloss rather than mat from the below set of wheels
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=audi+a...mrBWj6M%3A

Awh right just I'm thinking of getting mine done but not quite sure of colour yet.
Yeah it's finding a colour that others haven't done that goes with the car.

Problem is once you've done that others start doing it.

Hoping that colour will go with Arden blue too lol.
(27:th-Dec-2015, 14:43:17)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's finding a colour that others haven't done that goes with the car.

Problem is once you've done that others start doing it.

Hoping that colour will go with Arden blue too lol.

Think I'm just going to get anthracite, don't want black on red.
Well thanks to @sheppy1 for the idea I got some super bright boot lights too.

[attachment=478]

[attachment=479]

Nice and bright... pherhaps install new myself, now using headlamp to find stuff in the boot.

Vaccum cleaner or compressor, the green thing? =)
It's a Ryobi 18v battery inflator.
looks good
Love the leather interior, love the folding mirrors, love the headlights let alone all the other thing. And there's me stalling on just changing the roof aerial and running the cables through lol.
(18:th-Mar-2016, 17:46:20)stigeye Wrote: [ -> ]Love the leather interior, love the folding mirrors, love the headlights let alone all the other thing. And there's me stalling on just changing the roof aerial and running the cables through lol.
You need to man up and go nuts and spend loads of money on the car... Then hide all evidence from the Mrs and if she clocks on tell her you A. Got it cheap B. Got it free off someone on here [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
(18:th-Mar-2016, 17:50:11)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18:th-Mar-2016, 17:46:20)stigeye Wrote: [ -> ]Love the leather interior, love the folding mirrors, love the headlights let alone all the other thing. And there's me stalling on just changing the roof aerial and running the cables through lol.
You need to man up and go nuts and spend loads of money on the car... Then hide all evidence from the Mrs and if she clocks on tell her you A. Got it cheap B. Got it free off someone on here [WINKING FACE]

Haha... That's a practiced man right here. That said, he's right Haha.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(18:th-Mar-2016, 23:04:43)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18:th-Mar-2016, 17:50:11)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha... That's a practiced man right here. That said, he's right Haha.

Can't believe you all try and hide things from your Mrs's I just buy it then tell her, or ask her what she thinks but she knows even if she says no I'll buy it if I want it so she doesn't bother.

As long as all bills are paid and kids are fed etc and money goes into the saving pot then it's all good to spend a bit of what's left.
That's the best way mate, I'm usually skint but my Mrs always says if I can afford it then I can get it haha!

After 23 years of marriage hiding things just doesn't work lol... I would say in my defence though that there's a false economy in me just going out and spending money left right and centre in upgrading the car, for example if I were to do the things I would like to do i.e leather interior, folding mirrors, headlights, navi etc for around £1500 I would be kicking myself that I just didn't look harder for a car with most of those things factory fitted to begin with and just pay the extra few quid a month on the finance. I have the car for 5 years, more likely 3 years as I usually want to change by that time, so my approach is softly softly spread over that time period.
(19:th-Mar-2016, 11:34:05)stigeye Wrote: [ -> ]After 23 years of marriage hiding things just doesn't work lol... I would say in my defence though that there's a false economy in me just going out and spending money left right and centre in upgrading the car, for example if I were to do the things I would like to do i.e leather interior, folding mirrors, headlights, navi etc for around £1500 I would be kicking myself that I just didn't look harder for a car with most of those things factory fitted to begin with and just pay the extra few quid a month on the finance. I have the car for 5 years, more likely 3 years as I usually want to change by that time, so my approach is softly softly spread over that time period.
Haha. Similar boat to me including the 23 years of wedded bliss. Smile I find it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Mind you, she doesn't know half the stuff I buy online for the car. Smile

Having separate banks account keeps the peace and affords one some happiness. Smile

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
In fairness mine doesn't moan at me for buying things... It's when I'm moaning I'm skint she'll say something.

Take my Fin for example. I buy it and keep quiet but end up telling her a few days later anyway Haha

Hello I must say you've done a nice job on the interior lighting and I wanted to ask when you have changed the steering wheel, I noticed that you had before the teeming with cruise control but without the speed limiter.
What you put it after the speed limiter, I wanted to know how did you make it work?
I await your news ...

I opened the two blocks of keys and noticed that the internal cards are different ....
(18:th-Apr-2016, 17:17:57)cosmo black Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I must say you've done a nice job on the interior lighting and I wanted to ask when you have changed the steering wheel, I noticed that you had before the teeming with cruise control but without the speed limiter.
What you put it after the speed limiter, I wanted to know how did you make it work?
I await your news ...

I opened the two blocks of keys and noticed that the internal cards are different ....

Thank-you, I've always had speed limiter the only new button is for the front camera.
A small update somethings have changed a sneak peek

[attachment=605]

Haha I know glad you got it sorted out [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Retrofit Navi600, BT, DAB and Rear cam.

[attachment=619]

[attachment=620]

[attachment=621]

[attachment=622]

Will add some more pics in next post

Vxr button?
Rear cam

[attachment=624]

https://vimeo.com/170654479

Hidden dash menus turned on and navi screen

[attachment=625]

[attachment=626]

[attachment=627]

[attachment=628]

I must stress I did not take the pictures of the dash or navi while driving the Mrs took them for me.

(14:th-Jun-2016, 18:00:54)mrtc Wrote: [ -> ]Vxr button?

Came with the screen surround.

Have you fitted the aftermarket GPS shark fin
Well done mate ,[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Looks good mate. What made you change from aftermarket to OEM?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9