Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to colour caps of centre how change

HOW TO: Change colour of centre caps

So i didn't like the grey/silver color that the center caps are so i decided to wrap them. Any color is possible but i went for a subtle black.

You can spray them if you like but i dont have the time, skills, patience or equipment to do this.

Firstly you need to remove your wheels and push the center caps out from the middle.

2. You will see the chrome griffin is attached using 5 tabs, you need to slowly push these down gradually, moving them only about 1.mm down at a time, eventually they will pop out:

Clips in..

Clips out..

Separated..

Back of chrome part..

3. heat up the wrap while it still has the backing on, peel the backing off and place all over the cap.

4. Trim a bit off so its easier to work with:

5. Smooth any bubbles out and make sure the edges are smooth.

6. Cut all the way around with a Stanley blade, the edge is about 2.mm wide, cut along the middle:

7. Heat up the tabs a bit on the chrome part and push through the wrap onto the back section:

8. FINISHED:

Thanks
Nice how do they look on the car?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:Nice how do they look on the car?

I'll update with pics soon
nice how too well done
Nice one, yeah interested to see them fitted.
Using Tapatalk
My car needs a wash, might change the carbon wrapped wheel nut covers to gloss black to match, you can see my new tyre as well

You need some tyre shine lol
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:You need some tyre shine lol

It's the grease from my new tyre lol
Well done Cameron. .
Might have to do mine to match my gloss black wheels

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How-to Brake Caliper Colour Change Nemo 28 18,331 1:st-Jul-2020, 22:10:38
Last Post: Javad
  How-to change Alloy wheel colour Rusty2009 4 8,455 29:th-Feb-2016, 00:17:51
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to change the exterior door handles sheppy1 4 15,483 20:th-Nov-2015, 16:33:59
Last Post: sheppy1

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (27:th-Jun-2023, 20:39:15)