Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
reader vehicle better obd2 service soon need

Service vehicle soon(need better OBD2 Reader)
hello guys ,i know service vehicle soon does not mean it needs service but there is something wrong somewhere although my service is due in 2 months and oil life is around 10 percent ,First i thought it was due to oil but i reset oil but it still appears say once in say 2 days,i am worried something has failed or is failing ,car drives normal ,i have used obd 2 reader with torque pro app but it is showing no fault codes,i am using Vgate icar 2 OBD2 reader which is a decent one and has helped locating fault codes many times but this time it seems it needs a more advanced reader to solve the puzzle ,I was planning to service my car next month but due to this fault either i have to take to garage now or i buy a better reader to know if there is some serious fault which needs urgent attention.i will appreciate if someone can direct me to link where i can buy good obd2 reader .I have searched opcom but there are so many fakes around,not sure if they will work .
Thank you Guys.
Hello,

Service Vehicle Soon cannot be read OBD as its not on the ECU.

These errors are stored on somthing called a BCM = Body Control Module.

These error can be read with an expensive code reader e.g. a Snap On reader at your local garage.

It can be somthing simple like it was on my car like a broken Stop Start Glow Plug.

Get it read by a decent code reader and your will get your number eg p0628 or somthing and find out what is says if the reader doesnt tell you.

Hope that helps!
Op-com is a cheap way to read codes, some people do find issues with it not talking to the car after i think 2014/5 but I've always been able to talk to all cars.

Op-com while it can be gotten cheap on ebay these units are cheap because they use cheap comments.

Best place to buy it from is here @ £35 https://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featur...ducts.html

@M222RJF ECU faults are stored in the ECU not the BCM, BCM faults are stored in the BCM, IPC stored in the IPC etc etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you rusty for sharing the link and for the information ,i have booked the car for next saturday for a routine service and lets see what they find.i will try above link . Once again thanks
i was about to order opcom today but came across SCANMYOPELCAN app and thought to give it a try and it worked ,it found the fault code as P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug control circuit .
Atleast now i know before heading to garage ,Wonder if the glow plugs are expensive as my one must be with sensor as i have start stop system.
(2:nd-Oct-2020, 21:14:58)Rocky33 Wrote: i was about to order opcom today but came across SCANMYOPELCAN app and thought to give it a try and it worked ,it found the fault code as P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug control circuit .
Atleast now i know before heading to garage ,Wonder if the glow plugs are expensive as my one must be with sensor as i have start stop system.

As i said above, it is stored on the BCM. My glow plug 2 has gone also stop start. 82 from lookers main dealer or can get them 20-25 second hand mate.
(2:nd-Oct-2020, 21:41:53)M222RJF Wrote:
(2:nd-Oct-2020, 21:14:58)Rocky33 Wrote: i was about to order opcom today but came across SCANMYOPELCAN app and thought to give it a try and it worked ,it found the fault code as P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug control circuit .

As i said above, it is stored on the BCM. My glow plug 2 has gone also stop start. 82 from lookers main dealer or can get them 20-25 second hand mate.

@M222RJF It is not stored on the BCM.

Glow plug is an Engine fault and will be stored in the ECU....

@Rocky33 Look on autovaux the sensor plug was £86 on there.

I would advise strongly against using a used glow plug you don't know the condition of the item or how long it will last bite the bullet buy new if it fails within the year you have a warranty to claim on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I have sent autovaux message on eBay to see which glow plug will suit my car as I can see there are two types one for 1.7 and one for 2.0 , i am in Ireland,it is showing free international delivery as long as I can get it within this week as I am booked for service this Saturday .it is showing as 107 euros if it is the right one.
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Vauxhall...SwJsVfPotD .

My start-stop system is still working without any issue, I will go for the new one as rusty said , don't want to take chances on a second hand.Cheers fella.
(3:rd-Oct-2020, 12:06:28)Rocky33 Wrote: I have sent autovaux message on eBay to see which glow plug will suit my car as I can see there are two types one for 1.7 and one for 2.0 , i am in Ireland,it is showing free international delivery as long as I can get it within this week as I am booked for service this Saturday .it is showing as 107 euros if it is the right one.
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Vauxhall...SwJsVfPotD .

My start-stop system is still working without any issue, I will go for the new one as rusty said , don't want to take chances on a second hand.Cheers fella.

If you put your reg into their website it will tell if the part fits or not.
Much cheaper on their website then ebay.

Or if you want PM your reg or VIN I'll get the part number off EPC for you) VIN maybe easier if you have an Irish reg tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
thanks Rusty , i will PM you

The SS glowplug with sensor is the dearest of the 3 types of glowplug that possibly fit your engine.
(5:th-Oct-2020, 10:44:02)Big Dave2 Wrote:

The SS glowplug with sensor is the dearest of the 3 types of glowplug that possibly fit your engine.

Rusty have looked into my engine type and luckily my one is without sensors .Vauxhall did supply some of 1.7 engines with pressure sensor glow plugs my one is not one of them although its a start stop system.Autovaux has suggested a Bosch one but due to time constraint it might not reach before saturday so i will call local opel here for a GM glow plug.
Anything I've ever ordered from Autovaux has arrived next working day.
(7:th-Oct-2020, 12:48:06)Big Dave2 Wrote: Anything I've ever ordered from Autovaux has arrived next working day.

Depends if it's an in stock item or if they have to order it in.

The OP also lives in Ireland so may take an extra day or 2 to get to there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service parts List Rusty2009 43 25,976 31:st-Aug-2020, 02:20:00
Last Post: M222RJF
  Which service? dazzzdelux 3 5,609 19:th-Jan-2017, 08:35:07
Last Post: dazzzdelux
  2nd year service brake fluid change Rusty2009 11 12,755 6:th-Jun-2016, 22:07:03
Last Post: chudy85
  90,000 KM service Dman86 2 5,387 7:th-Mar-2016, 09:37:46
Last Post: Dman86
  Emission Control Service sheppy1 8 9,257 29:th-Oct-2015, 19:07:28
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Main service richje100 2 6,052 5:th-Jul-2014, 13:33:56
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Craig_Marvin (26:th-Apr-2024, 11:20:55)