Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
service emission control

Emission Control Service
Hi All,

So I have a big service on Monday and I've been told I should get an emission control service too which is only an extra £25 of my hard earned money. Now it was explained as a sort of engine flush along with flushing oil out or something before they put fresh oil in... Sounds beneficial! Wondering if you guys would recommend this or is it just a scam?

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

worth having done every now and again
Brill! Will do it then 25 quid ain't bad and in 33k miles it hasn't been done yet. Cheers dude

I asked my mechanic if an engine flush is worth it and he said no.

As for admissions they just chuck a can of fuel additive in the tank which is useless unless they go and fill the tank up to mix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I asked my mechanic if an engine flush is worth it and he said no.

As for admissions they just chuck a can of fuel additive in the tank which is useless unless they go and fill the tank up to mix it.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Ahhhh so better off cancelling it then? As they have it down to do alongside the service. Only reason I said yeah was because my MPG is a little lower than it used to be and they said they put fresh oil in the car and it's better that they flush the old oil out first

I was told you will never get all the oil out and when put a flush additive in some of that will also remain which is not good for the new oil.

Get a can of this & stick in the tank before you fill up it will do a far better job than what the dealership pushes.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-VW-PRO-TEC-...nav=SEARCH

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
They do say they will do a lot more than just flush the system... But whether or not they actually do this or not remains to be seen! Ha

Do a search on engine flushing you'll be surprised at all the cons of having it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service vehicle soon(need better OBD2 Reader) Rocky33 13 5,701 7:th-Oct-2020, 15:41:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Service parts List Rusty2009 43 25,976 31:st-Aug-2020, 02:20:00
Last Post: M222RJF
  Astra J 63 plate traction control Liam12345 3 3,885 23:rd-May-2019, 20:31:27
Last Post: Liam12345
  Which service? dazzzdelux 3 5,609 19:th-Jan-2017, 08:35:07
Last Post: dazzzdelux
  2nd year service brake fluid change Rusty2009 11 12,755 6:th-Jun-2016, 22:07:03
Last Post: chudy85
  90,000 KM service Dman86 2 5,387 7:th-Mar-2016, 09:37:46
Last Post: Dman86
  Main service richje100 2 6,052 5:th-Jul-2014, 13:33:56
Last Post: tucpal