Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wiper fault help washer urgent newbie

Newbie Urgent Wiper Washer Fault help
Firstly hi Everyone

new to this forum so hopeful be able to get some help form you guys as heard some good things...

I have a 2014 Astra J 1.7 Diesel that's just failed its MOT due to wipers not providing water.

both front and back decided to stop so did the usual, blew some air through the pipes and cleaned the nozzles and washer bottle out

wasn't getting a hum from the motor when the stalk was pulled forward or backwards so purchased a new washer pump which solved the rear issue but the front still wasn't working so bought a new stalk from Vauxhall fitted that and no change.

when you push backwards everything works as it should, when you pull forward the wipers sweep as normal but no motor sound or water.

its not the pipes as i swapped round the fittings so pressing backwards sprayed the front and everything was OK 

however doesn't seem to want to engage the motor when pulled forward 

anyone got any ideas, it doesn't come up with any errors that i can see so very puzzled, have i missed something simple or is this a modual or earthing issue and can it be solved easily.

got a free re-test in 7 days so limited time to fix and this is all it failed on so any help would be much appreciated 

over to you guys and girls
Hi & welcome,

Ok firstly check fuse 40 10A in the engine bay.
Failing that there is a relay KR11 which is non serviceable and means a replacement fuse-board.

Make sure some-one is stood by the fuse board and test if they hear a click the relay is working.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Aug-2020, 19:00:38)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hi & welcome,

Ok firstly check fuse 40 10A in the engine bay.
Failing that there is a relay KR11 which is non serviceable and means a replacement fuse-board.

Make sure some-one is stood by the fuse board and test if they hear a click the relay is working.

cheers Rusty2009 

Bugga, hoping it wasn't something like that, fuse 40 is OK 

checked all the fusses and there all OK

any idea how easy is it to replace the fuse board and are they ridiculously expensive  ??
Fuse-board is easy.

Whats your reg I'll get you the number can pick them up quite cheap on ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi reg is Removed by admin..

Anyone got a how to to replace the fuse board

Cheers Ron

Scratch that box is out, very easy job.  Just need to source a replacement and hopefully get it all done before wednesday for re-test
There are 2 part numbers old and new only on turns up anything on ebay. couple for about £30.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...Sw8lte9PGb

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...SwYoFe5RoJ
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers for the Info, will grab one and see if it sorts the issue.
Hi ,fitted the fuse board this morning and now car wont start and comes up with service EBC and service Power Steering .

Wipers work fine thou..Haaahahh

Does the fuse board need coding to the car, and if so can this be done from standard diagnostics or do I need to ge Vaux-Com.

Cheers Ron
Make sure all the 3 nuts are done up tight these pull the connection blocks underneath up tight to the board if they are done properly you will get errors.

No fuse-board on the Astra-J needs coding to car & don't let anyone tell you otherwise (I've swapped out that many boards on retrofits to know).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tpms fault badger64 2 1,831 3:rd-Dec-2020, 21:44:51
Last Post: badger64
  Intermittant hatch unlocking fault Big Dave2 4 3,750 17:th-Jun-2018, 07:52:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  abs fault custardsastra 2 4,776 19:th-Mar-2017, 08:17:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
GTC: washer jet adjustment tool. Max Tout 5 6,043 24:th-Feb-2016, 15:54:15
Last Post: Max Tout
  Newbie requires some help Phild82 8 6,200 2:nd-Feb-2016, 10:26:13
Last Post: tucpal