Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wiring info

wiring info
Hi, does anybody know how the electric vacuum pump (for the brakes) is wired?

there are 2 wires (Red and Black) from the pump which go to a large connector block with 3 wires

what does the 3rd wire do?

I'd guess that red and black are live feed and earth, so is the "connector block" actually a relay and the third wire a trigger feed?

a wiring diagram may help if anyone has one.

the parts catalogue I've looked at shows the connector block coming with the pump assy

many thanx
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I'll see what I can find later on TIS.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi thanks to Rusty for the diagrams, a lot to download but it seems that my assumptions were correct, the unit needs a 12v feed and an earth connection, the 3rd wire is a trigger to make the pump work, so I've wired this to a brake light switch so the pump operates when pedal depressed.
Oh it's not being fitted on a J in case you wondered, it's going on an old car without servo brakes, the J vac pump was the cheapest way to get vacuum for the retro fit servo without tapping into the manifold.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vxdiag info Maniacu 7 6,952 6:th-Jun-2019, 07:23:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Technical (electrical?) info needed for the DVD800 radio and HVAC control panel i.rosca 1 7,726 22:nd-Jan-2019, 09:51:25
  Wiring diagram Badenj 1 3,512 19:th-Oct-2018, 11:16:07
  Wiring Diagram [Internal Lights] cubez0 3 4,385 25:th-Jun-2018, 11:28:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Caliper Info tommyboy1289 1 5,744 13:th-Apr-2017, 22:15:00
  Need info on bulbs or links please :) Kris 34 18,697 13:th-Jan-2016, 19:38:38
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Door loom pin info req'd cornishtaz 5 5,185 4:th-Apr-2015, 23:07:16
Last Post: tucpal
  Torque setting info Cameron UK 3 4,688 24:th-Jul-2014, 16:43:47