Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
please bulbs links info or need on

Need info on bulbs or links please :)
Hi guys, I am looking to change all my interior yellow bulbs to nice white ones. I have no idea what I need or how many etc.

Can someone tell me what i need to buy and what i need to do and what goes where etc. 

Also i would like to change my number plate ones too and maybe fog ones if they are easy too? 

But I would love to have at least all the interior done. The pull down mirrors etc

thanks so much

(remember I'm clueless so need it as simple as possible lol)
All info is here mate

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Bul...-reference
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(31:st-Dec-2015, 22:07:36)Rusty2009 Wrote: All info is here mate

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Bul...-reference

I read that mate still cant make heads or tails of it lol. I see the names of the bulbs is that what i search on eBay for? how many do i need?
Yes mate search for 501 LED's mate (will need 6 iirc) can't think of the sun-visors but will be 4.

You could also search Astra-j led kit on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(31:st-Dec-2015, 22:47:34)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes mate search for 501 LED's mate (will need 6 iirc) can't think of the sun-visors but will be 4.

You could also search Astra-j led kit on eBay.

Thanks rusty. Are they easy to fit?
Yes mate all the how's are in the how-to section.

Don't forget to get a set of LED number plate lights too.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Dec-2015, 23:57:20)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes mate all the how's are in the how-to section.

Don't forget to get a set of LED number plate lights too.

Cheers mate. is this everything i need? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...xynRRSRZNr

EDIT - these sen better right ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Opel-...Swu4BVok6c
Yep whichever kit you want there mate

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(1:st-Jan-2016, 00:35:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yep whichever kit you want there mate

Cheers mate bought the bottom set for £14.20 all in. Will take about a week though because they come from outside the UK. But he said they are all labelled etc to tell you where they go so cant wait to get them now.
(1:st-Jan-2016, 00:35:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yep whichever kit you want there mate

Got them today and fitted them all. WOW what a difference!!! Thanks for the link mate.
Good aren't they! My interior ones light up the street when I unlock the car! hahaha

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(12:th-Jan-2016, 21:29:57)sheppy1 Wrote: Good aren't they! My interior ones light up the street when I unlock the car! hahaha

HAHA same mate. I got some number plate ones too which work a dream but they give me an error on the dash saying check number plate bulb. Is this ok as I can just ignore the message, or should i remove them?
Just ignore it mate mine did the same as did a few others on here. I've had mine in for about 3 months and no issues except that odd error... Vauxhall even serviced my car with that error showing and said nothing

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

I get it sporadically so just ignore it. I'm going to check the resistors when weather is a bit better!

Ok cheers lads but if they are canbus free they shouldn't be giving that warning right?

But it can't mess nothing up ? Also do you get the message EVERY time you start the car because I am?

Couple of pics I took earlier but you really have to see them in person to see how good they are

Number plate lights are on canbus and need 1 resistor per led.

(13:th-Jan-2016, 00:19:32)Tonto Wrote: Number plate lights are on canbus and need 1 resistor per led.

Mine are just led that I slotted in instead of the normal bulbs that were in there as they are supposed to be non error canbus ones. Are my led supposed to have a resistor on it? If so what for? Is it to stop the error message?

So should I take mine out to prevent any damage?
I'm not sure they'd cause damage just error but not sure. Check this link out as you can see the gold coloured resistors on LEDs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391361410698

(13:th-Jan-2016, 01:23:07)Tonto Wrote: I'm not sure they'd cause damage just error but not sure. Check this link out as you can see the gold coloured resistors on LEDs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391361410698

Mine are just a bulb like goes in the glove box thought they are not complete units like them.
I think that'll be why then, get yourself some of those mate and you'll not have the errors.

I had the same problem. Tried a few different canbus leds but kept getting an error. Then bought a set with a resistor (only had a resistor on one side) this gave me an error sometimes.

Then I bought these:
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/2-x-LED-501-..._gEN4a8IKQ

They simply go between the holder and the bulb. I have them in the car for over a year now and no errors at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
That's odd! That's why @kris will be having the issue but I have the LEDs which have a resistor on the wire and still get the error but only every now and then...

But the error popping up on the dash is ok then? I don't mind it being there coz can just turn it off easily. I just don't want to be blowing fuses or something like that.

Might just buy the set from the how to guide seems nobody has a problem with them.
Yeah it's fine if you get it when you have bulbs with resistors in place... Just shouldn't happen but doesn't cause issues.

But as you don't have resistors in place then you should buy some LED bulbs that do have them... Or buy the cable that was linked too a few posts back.

And I got the ones from the how to and do have the error every now and then lol

I wouldn't know if it does any damage mate but I wouldn't try my luck hehe. Yeah set from how to is good!

Well I might just put the old ones back in then coz I'm not too fussed about them anyway as its outside on the rear and pointless wasting another £20 on a set to still get errors. Just a bit weird they are advertised as canbus error free and they aren't.

Aren't some of the interior bulbs canbus monitored too though? And none of those throw up an error.

@rusty2009 do you know if it's safe to leave the number plate ones in there mate with the error on the dash?
Yep I agree but a previous post listed a simple 5 quid cable you could use... So you could give that a go? It will provided you with the resistor you need.

And nope... None of the interior ones are on canbus mate

It'll be fine to leave them the interiors aren't on the canbus the only reason you get the interior canbus LED's is they have a small resistor in which draws any left over current stopping the LED being on all the time.

What you've done is fit interior LED's into the number plate lamps and the resistor is not big enough to fool the canbus.

If people are still getting an error with the proper led number plate LED's then it point to a faulty resistor.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-Jan-2016, 10:45:30)sheppy1 Wrote: Yep I agree but a previous post listed a simple 5 quid cable you could use... So you could give that a go? It will provided you with the resistor you need.

And nope... None of the interior ones are on canbus mate

What I'm saying mate is that these are not supposed to need a resistor thats what they are advertised as anyway. And I'm sure one of th bulbs that I put in the car had can bus written on the led. Might of been the glove box one or the middle of the front dome but cant remember now. Weird for it to have can bus on it when its not unless that is meant for the number plates I don't know.

(13:th-Jan-2016, 10:48:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: It'll be fine to leave them the interiors aren't on the canbus the only reason you get the interior canbus LED's is they have a small resistor in which draws any left over current stopping the LED being on all the time.

What you've done is fit interior LED's into the number plate lamps and the resistor is not big enough to fool the canbus.

If people are still getting an error with the proper led number plate LED's then it point to a faulty resistor.

So its fine to leave the led in with the error mate?
yep be fine but id still recommend you fit the popper led units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Leds advertised as Canbus free only tend to work on about 90% of cars.

These are the only cancellers I've found that work 100% on my GTC's, the wifes Corsa E and my Astra K

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...15&alt=web
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(13:th-Jan-2016, 13:43:05)cornishtaz Wrote: Leds advertised as Canbus free only tend to work on about 90% of cars.

These are the only cancellers I've found that work 100% on my GTC's, the wifes Corsa E and my Astra K

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...15&alt=web

Where do they go mate ? I'll order a set now.
Between the oe plug and numberplate lamp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(13:th-Jan-2016, 16:12:10)cornishtaz Wrote: Between the oe plug and numberplate lamp

oh okay so it'll just be a longer lead then basically right?
Yep
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wiring info niteram 2 3,113 17:th-May-2020, 14:19:45
Last Post: niteram
  vxdiag info Maniacu 7 6,962 6:th-Jun-2019, 07:23:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Technical (electrical?) info needed for the DVD800 radio and HVAC control panel i.rosca 1 7,728 22:nd-Jan-2019, 09:51:25
  Caliper Info tommyboy1289 1 5,746 13:th-Apr-2017, 22:15:00
  Suggestions for 9012 5000k bulbs Khazba 2 3,974 1:st-Jun-2016, 18:47:01
Last Post: Khazba
  DRL Bulbs CraigSRi 2 3,654 28:th-May-2016, 09:43:02
Last Post: CraigSRi
  Best HID kit links please? Kris 3 3,604 4:th-Jan-2016, 17:23:20
Last Post: Kris
  Door loom pin info req'd cornishtaz 5 5,187 4:th-Apr-2015, 23:07:16
Last Post: tucpal
  Torque setting info Cameron UK 3 4,689 24:th-Jul-2014, 16:43:47