Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to a install gauge? boost how

How to install a boost gauge?

I've got an Astra J CDTI SRI 2.0 

Hi everyone i'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

i'm looking for some advice to installing a boost gauge i know how to install the gauge its self but unsure where i should tap the boost from. 

i know that i can tap into the boost hose but i'mt not sure if that would give me a 100% pressure reading. so i'm thinking about tapping into the intake manifold just after the throttle body which i'm thinking would give me the correct readings of pressure for the gauge? or am i completely wrong?

but where abouts is the best place to tap into? 

i've got a picture of a small section of my engine bay to where i think i may tap if anyone can point me in the right direction it be much appreciated.

Thanks for any advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(9:th-May-2020, 10:26:51)Cav12345 Wrote: I've got an Astra J CDTI SRI 2.0 

i'm looking for some advice to installing a boost gauge i know how to install the gauge its self but unsure where i should tap the boost from. 

i know that i can tap into the boost hose but i'mt not sure if that would give me a 100% pressure reading. so i'm thinking about tapping into the intake manifold just after the throttle body which i'm thinking would give me the correct readings of pressure for the gauge? or am i completely wrong?

i've got a picture of a small section of my engine bay to where i think i may tap if anyone can point me in the right direction it be much appreciated.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi something I would like to do, come's from driving an RS focus with the boost/oil pressure/ oil temp gauges in the pod on top of the dash can never have enough gauge's
(12:th-May-2020, 09:06:08)andyp Wrote:
(9:th-May-2020, 10:26:51)Cav12345 Wrote: I've got an Astra J CDTI SRI 2.0 

Thanks for any advice.

Hi something I would like to do, come's from driving an RS focus with the boost/oil pressure/ oil temp gauges in the pod on top of the dash can never have enough gauge's
Hi now then have a look at you tube how to install a boost gauge in to your vehicle by MrWatevaiwant they fit one to a corsa now have had a look under my bonnet and it all looks the same, it's a good guide as they fit it wrong to show you what not to do, just got to work up the courage to do mine!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Op-com turbo boost control learn kyle-astra-j 2 7,827 2:nd-Feb-2018, 21:43:11
Last Post: gazz292

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:34:49), Lito4h (3:rd-Nov-2023, 14:37:12)