Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sealant tyre

Tyre sealant
It’s not ideal as I’d rather have a spare but it’s better than nothing which is what I currently have. My question is what size tyre sealant canister do I need for a 245 40 20 tyre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decided to just go for this instead of original GM: http://www.airman-uk.com/tyre-repair-sol...-kit-620ml

Need to test my compressor to make sure it functions so I know whether to get just the sealant or the whole kit. This sealant is water soluble too so the tyre will be repairable.
I have the spacesaver tyre which is alright but I an considering getting an 18 inch wheel as the spavesaver does have it limitations, I know if wont fit in the boot well but fortunately I have the flex floor boot.
I have a spare full size VXR wheel as my spare, but it's way to big for the boot. At least I have an option if I get a puncture close to home, otherwise it's the recovery truck lol
Adding a space saver spare wheel will cost me circa £200 for the new boot liner, wheel and tool kit. With a shopping list as long as my arm I just can’t justify it. The sealant will just have to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyre Pressure Warning Niggle phlyer 4 2,967 23:rd-Mar-2019, 11:39:36
Last Post: andyp
  Cracked tyre valve with TPMS Craig2305 5 3,800 5:th-Oct-2018, 13:31:48
Last Post: Craig2305
  Tyre choices 18" wheels andy2174 6 5,186 15:th-Apr-2016, 17:14:13
Last Post: andy2174
  Tyre size Jj0063 10 6,590 8:th-Oct-2015, 18:06:22
Last Post: Jj0063
  Tyre Pump sheppy1 11 7,739 2:nd-Aug-2015, 13:48:13