Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
recommendations cam dash

Dash cam recommendations
Looking to get a dash cam due to how many idiots I have to contend with each day!

Any recommendations? Thinking front and rear would be a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Telsun

I have the netbase duo HD dashcam which does a good job, I got it hardwired via a piggyback fuse via the fuses that are located in the glovebox & have the dashcam located below the plastic trim that houses the auto rain, auto lights & HBA sensors, a very clear recording from both the front & rear cameras & I have never had a problem with the unit since buying it over a year ago, this is the only dashcam that I only had so see the other views when they are posted & go from there mate.
Cheers Mark, it appears that no one else is using one!? So I'm currently looking at this one or a rear view mirror type but I'm really not sure...
I had a mini0805 really nice & small and worked great.

I replaced it with the newer version and again really nice and small & much stronger mounting onto the GPS base, only down side is constant SD card corruption and camera keeps turning it's self off/on which is really annoying and I end up unplugging it 99% of the time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I use next base 412GW ,great video quality with wifi function to connect to mobile instantly ,with 128gb transcend high endurance Micro sd card.Make sure to use the correct high endurance micro sd card just to be on the safe side.
(28:th-Feb-2019, 13:52:59)Rocky33 Wrote: I use next base 412GW ,great video quality with wifi function to connect to mobile instantly ,with 128gb transcend high endurance Micro sd card.Make sure to use the correct high endurance micro sd card just to be on the safe side.

I've just brought 2 Nextbase 412GW cams hardwire kits and SD cards. Mrs & I finally got fed up with the cam's we have.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
halfords often do good offers on nextbase cameras
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I finally purchased a Nextbase rear view mirror cam but the replacement mirror was so wide it interfered with the operation of the sun visors so I sent that one back. I’ve been sitting on the idea for a while now but still had the Nextbase hardwire kit and SD card so reading on here that a few of you have the 412gw I decided to go for that, bigger discount too. Got it for £89, which was apparently £40 off (???)

(13:th-Mar-2019, 22:01:16)niteram Wrote: halfords often do good offers on nextbase cameras

I got mine from Amazon in the end I priced up on Halfords but got it cheaper and with double the size SD card via amazon.

(13:th-Mar-2019, 23:11:12)Telsun Wrote: I finally purchased a Nextbase rear view mirror cam but the replacement mirror was so wide it interfered with the operation of the sun visors so I sent that one back. I’ve been sitting on the idea for a while now but still had the Nextbase hardwire kit and SD card so reading on here that a few of you have the 412gw I decided to go for that, bigger discount too. Got it for £89, which was apparently £40 off (???)

Mine arrived yesterday updated the firmware and set them up, just need to fit them in the cars now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I look forward to your install Rusty, are gonna do a how to? If so I'll wait until you have until I install mine

My biggest concern is actually the screen location because of that huge plastic box behind the rear view mirror....
I may do a how-to mate not 100% sure when I'll get round to fitting it, hopefully soon.

I had a look & think I'll put mine on the LH side up to the top (will be out of my sight then)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Here you are this will help 

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What do you think about dashcam Xiaomi 70mai?
https://www.banggood.com/XIAOMI-70MAI-Sm...rehouse=CN

Video looks quite good. Anybody has it maybe?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carpet mat recommendations Big Dave2 11 6,100 25:th-Oct-2017, 11:14:22
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Plug behind dash Steve_warner 5 4,664 1:st-Jun-2017, 09:43:42
Last Post: vocky
  oil recommendations evo 3 3,921 24:th-Oct-2016, 15:55:30
Last Post: stigeye
  Red dash how can I get this ? Daz21 5 4,906 18:th-Aug-2016, 10:33:22
Last Post: Daz21
  Dash Dials DaPa 2 3,577 6:th-Jan-2016, 01:38:33
Last Post: Kris
  Go Pro Dash Cam sheppy1 116 47,478 24:th-Jul-2015, 12:40:13
Last Post: bhalay207
  Yellow light on dash - car with lock through it JJ-Yorks 6 5,755 26:th-Jan-2015, 22:53:33
Last Post: JJ-Yorks
  Dash LEDS Rusty2009 9 7,911 6:th-May-2014, 08:52:14
Last Post: cornishtaz