Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
light flashing button eco

Eco button light flashing
I have searched high and low for an answer to this but cant find anything.

I have a 2013 2.0 CDTi S/S. Ever since I fitted my Android Headunit, about 18 months ago), the Eco button on the dashboard is constantly flashing (until I turn it off). I have changed the button but its still the same. Wiring all appears OK. Any ideas why this may be happening. Stop/ Start hasn't worked for about 6 months, not sure why as battery seems OK and I don't have any error messages stored.
That's an odd one the radio shouldn't effect it, I'm guessing your referring to the tell-tell light rather than the button light?

S/S has so many factors at play, do you just do town work or do you do motorway driving etc too?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I do various types of driving from driving around Bournemouth in town to driving country road's and dual carriageways. I don't have problems with dpf and no fault codes. I suspect it's my battery but it starts OK with the key in the morning, just the stop start doesn't work anymore. As far as the eco buttons flashing, I may have to pull the headunit out to check more of the wiring
We have mostly likely past each-other at some-point driving round Bournemouth then.

Yes I would pop the Android out and fit the factory and see what happens with the light (although like I said the radio shouldn't effect it). if you want to pop by I can run a scan on the car and check for any error codes stored in any of modules on the car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(25:th-Feb-2019, 08:13:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: We have mostly likely past each-other at some-point driving round Bournemouth then.

Yes I would pop the Android out and fit the factory and see what happens with the light (although like I said the radio shouldn't effect it). if you want to pop by I can run a scan on the car and check for any error codes stored in any of modules on the car.

I have had the Android unit out today and checked the connections a re all OK which they appear to be. I turned on the car with no headunit connected and the Eco button still flashes. I may have to take you up on the offer of scanning for codes at some point although I have also considered fitting leather seats so would be in need of your services for that as well.
Not a problem I'm just off Holdenhurst Road.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Got this all sorted now. Put a new battery in yesterday. Stop start now works and the eco button has stopped flashing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear light power problem phlyer 1 2,333 21:st-Dec-2023, 08:27:49
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Abs light and service esp warning 1 week before MOT [emoji24] Sc0tty05 5 9,416 24:th-Nov-2020, 18:25:28
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Dpf regen led light Kiel0777 0 3,178 28:th-Jun-2020, 07:49:45
Last Post: Kiel0777
  Corner light make sistem93 2 4,528 17:th-Dec-2019, 19:39:49
Last Post: sistem93
  Rear light out but works again with headlights Willcbrbikeboy 6 5,073 14:th-Jan-2019, 09:43:44
Last Post: vocky
  ESC and Engine Light Acond 2 4,275 16:th-Nov-2018, 19:32:48
Last Post: niteram
  ECO button connector diagram (start/stop) aurega 1 8,169 4:th-Nov-2018, 15:06:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  BCM pinouts - ECO button wojtaas_pl 0 4,193 3:rd-Sep-2018, 11:22:15
Last Post: wojtaas_pl
  Service power steering warning light. R4hulb 4 13,426 23:rd-Mar-2018, 13:01:58
Last Post: R4hulb
  Boot gate light GTC13LFP 1 3,098 16:th-Nov-2017, 21:26:22
Last Post: Iaintruten

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
takir1 (20:th-Jan-2024, 21:16:56), joffy01582 (1:st-Oct-2023, 12:26:48), STHOP (6:th-Dec-2023, 23:04:50)