Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cd400 upgrade to500

Cd400 to500 upgrade
Looking for help to fit cd500 navi to Astra j 2010
To replace cd400
I have all parts required plus lots of spare parts
As I am in Edinburgh it's not easy any information would be great
I also have spare cd500 from insignia but no screen
Spare loom for insignia cd800 with consul controls and
USB port with built in card reader
A few dab units
A few USB control Ecus
2 Bluetooth ecus and 2011 Merida reverse kit
Would be willing to swap these for detailed info on how to fit cd500 navi
First thing do have access to online SPS?

A VCI will cost you €95 also.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Already have global 'tis ,printed off wiring looms and I have a gm. Vxnano
Still not sure we're wire go
I would first say a VXNano, can cause lots of problems I've already had a chap come down from up North to put right his car after using one of them.

You do know there is a €95 VCI request cost for Navi retrofit.

The wiring is really quite easy you just need look at both and see the differences.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thought with 2010 model you don't need vci code
Don't have sat nav wiring for Astra j so don't know what wires go were .. does it just plug in???
Yes a 2010 needs a VCI.
you said you have the wiring schematics printed off so you need to look at them your soon spot the difference.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Wiring looms diagrams from gm are useless to hard to make sense of them 1 diagram for all
I think I will try and find one inbreakers yard and remove loom
Was hoping someone might have had information on how to do it
When I started my AFL retrofit I was the same couldn't make head nor tale of them but after a few days of staring at them it's so simple and easy to follow.

Yes I know the wiring changes needed as does one other person but we aren't just going to give the information out so the whole world knows it we've had to learn it.
I don't mind sharing info but when all I do is share and no-one is willing to share info in return you get to the point of not being willing to share info yourself.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Many thanks for taking the time to reply like I said before I have some parts i don't need
i am upgrading but am stuck as to where there wiring changes are from i.e pic

(1:st-Jul-2018, 13:48:21)tzr608 Wrote: i am upgrading but am stuck as to where there wiring changes are from i.e pic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri Mk101 8 5,349 23:rd-Feb-2021, 07:56:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 to SatNav Unit Infamousprod 20 17,271 12:th-Nov-2020, 23:24:24
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  newbe and advice please on CD400 NEATH-LAD 1 4,804 20:th-Jun-2017, 07:06:06
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Things i want to upgrade on my car jjb 25 12,142 5:th-Mar-2015, 13:52:59
Last Post: bhalay207