Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to unit satnav cd400

CD400 to SatNav Unit
Hello All, this has probably been posted a hundred times before. But, I have the cd400 factory fitted, just wondering what's the best SatNav unit to buy? Heard some of the cheap ones are very unreliable, maps not up to scratch, Bluetooth streaming is a bit dodgy. So just wanted to know who has done the change and what unit you got? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.
Hello.

You have a few options here.

1. Retrofit factory fitted NAVI, Bluetooth, DAB.
2. Aftermarket double din head unit.
3. OEM looking aftermarket unit (Theses are the cheaper china units) but some of the lads on here seem to have found a good one.

Here are a few link for you.

Aftermarket

China units
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(5:th-Sep-2016, 06:57:18)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hello.

You have a few options here.

1. Retrofit factory fitted NAVI, Bluetooth, DAB.
2. Aftermarket double din head unit.
3. OEM looking aftermarket unit (Theses are the cheaper china units) but some of the lads on here seem to have found a good one.

Here are a few link for you.

Aftermarket

China units

Thank you for the information Rusty! ive seen a navi600 for sale online and was wondering would it fit and be fully functional with my car? 
Cheers once again!
I assume you mean the navi 600 on eBay for £300.
(10:th-Sep-2016, 19:57:53)stigeye Wrote: I assume you mean the navi 600 on eBay for £300.
You mean the one with a rusty looking screen?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(10:th-Sep-2016, 22:29:21)bhalay207 Wrote:
(10:th-Sep-2016, 19:57:53)stigeye Wrote: I assume you mean the navi 600 on eBay for £300.
You mean the one with a rusty looking screen?

This one... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291857493527?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Ahh, I'm with you. I saw a Navi 600 from an insignia. The screen edging looked ropey!

You'll have a job getting a VCI code from Vauxhall if you're not fitting that into a relatively new model. I'm sure the 600 is fairly new to the J?

(11:th-Sep-2016, 00:26:05)bhalay207 Wrote: Ahh, I'm with you. I saw a Navi 600 from an insignia. The screen edging looked ropey!

You'll have a job getting a VCI code from Vauxhall if you're not fitting that into a relatively new model. I'm sure the 600 is fairly new to the J?

Navi 600 fitted 2011-2013
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Oh, I stand corrected then. I thought it was a new system. I thought it was the 500 in this yrs

CD500 CD70 DVD800 DVD90

CD500 CD70 DVD800 DVD90

CD500 DVD800 NAVI600 NAVI900

NAVI600 NAVI900

NAVI600 NAVI900

NAVI650 NAVI950 (Europe Intellilink)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I take it also you would probably need a loom or two to connect it all up if upgrading from 400 to 600, i.e a separate loom from head unit to screen etc. To be fair, I don't think £300 is to bad a price as long as it all works as it should, especially as he will accept lower offers.
There are some changes needed and a display cable also a usb cable
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hey, thanks everyone for your replies, yes that's the one I was on about on eBay. This is all very confusing lol don't know which one to go for. I can't find any instructions on how to fit the m072 one on, does any body know of any posts where they show them fitting it ? I suppose fitting any won't be easy as such but, if I could cut myself some work, which one would be best to go for? Sorry for the 21 questions. Lookin back I should of just got one with sat nav and saved myself the hassle! Haha

Cheers guys
(11:th-Sep-2016, 22:15:34)Infamousprod Wrote: Hey, thanks everyone for your replies, yes that's the one I was on about on eBay. This is all very confusing lol don't know which one to go for. I can't find any instructions on how to fit the m072 one on, does any body know of any posts where they show them fitting it ? I suppose fitting any won't be easy as such but, if I could cut myself some work, which one would be best to go for? Sorry for the 21 questions. Lookin back I should of just got one with sat nav and saved myself the hassle! Haha

Cheers guys

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info
(12:th-Sep-2016, 01:05:45)stigeye Wrote:
(11:th-Sep-2016, 22:15:34)Infamousprod Wrote: Hey, thanks everyone for your replies, yes that's the one I was on about on eBay. This is all very confusing lol don't know which one to go for. I can't find any instructions on how to fit the m072 one on, does any body know of any posts where they show them fitting it ? I suppose fitting any won't be easy as such but, if I could cut myself some work, which one would be best to go for? Sorry for the 21 questions. Lookin back I should of just got one with sat nav and saved myself the hassle! Haha

Cheers guys

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info
Also this model is simply plug and play. Only hard part is getting all the cables to fit back behind the centre console. I'd never swapped a head unit in my life till I got this M072 unit and I still managed to do it without issues and it took me about 2 hours

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I bought the CD500 with SATNAV to fit into my Astra J GTC 2012 but it wont work even with the codes for both cars. I had a earth from the rear right speaker so I took it out thinking this was the problem of no power to the unit to no avail. I have replaced the old original CD400 back into the facia unit and now that doesn't work either GRRRRRRRRRR any ideal anyone please.
(25:th-Mar-2020, 21:11:10)Gunny112 Wrote: I bought the CD500 with SATNAV to fit into my Astra J GTC 2012 but it wont work even with the codes for both cars. I had a earth from the rear right speaker so I took it out thinking this was the problem of no power to the unit to no avail. I have replaced the old original CD400 back into the facia unit and now that doesn't work either GRRRRRRRRRR any ideal anyone please.

There are wiring changes and programming needed to make a navi work in a car which had the cd400 fitted.

If the CD400 isn't working have you checked the fuses?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hello all

Sorry to open an old post but had a question. I've got an Astra J 63 plate with cd400. Could I fit a Navi 650 or would I be limited to the 600 or 900 as above? Wondering whether I'd be better off going for an android unit instead? Thoughts welcome. Thanks. Param.
You can have any of those 600/900/650/950

All will need wiring mods and programming
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Thanks for the reply. I saw that someone on Facebook is selling a 650. 950 sounds good from your signature. Would the 650 have the same festures,? I've read the programming can be a pain.. did you do it yourself? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks again.
950 offers Bluetooth streaming but latest maps are only up to 2018 for both 650/950

600/900 are later maps

I did mine yes and several others.

The wiring changes and process aren't shared on here as people have spent many hours working these out.

@rusty2009 does a postal service for programming etc.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cd400 to500 upgrade Davy20121957 9 8,432 1:st-Jul-2018, 13:48:21
Last Post: tzr608
  newbe and advice please on CD400 NEATH-LAD 1 4,820 20:th-Jun-2017, 07:06:06
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
marktourino (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:25:51)