Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to new mk6 member upgrade wanting sri

new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri
hi everyone 
new to the site and finding how to post a question nearly made me buy a new ipad lol 
i am looking to firstly change my suspension on my astra j sri 1.7 i think aircraft landings are softer then these things lol.
i think i got 17 inch alloys i not had the car long and to be fair its been a nightmare so far as the spec dont match up to anything iv seen online. and custom wiring and left cut wires i found under trims ect.
but i want to change the suspension to a bit softer landing and if i didnt find out that sri are so low i thought i had broken springs lol.
in short can anyone help with what options i got to get softer suspension and higher up ? 
thanks for listening to me waffle on lol 
i may ask in another question if i can find a post question tab again on the mismatch interior of my sri/eco no button/stop/start ? what when i turn the key lol wonderful invention lol. leather interior not on any spec options on vauxhall 
thanks
You can go SE or Elite trim shocks.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm thinking doing SE/ELITE ones on my sri
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Thanks rusty for that and Jp yeah I wouldn’t mind some of the auto lights and wipers and I do have to get more of a bounce in this motor lol. So do I just change the whole unit ? Shocks and springs if I get them from a breakers ? Or do I have to change bits separately?
Buy the elite shocks and swap the spring over as the are 10mm shorter on the SRI.

in terms of the front buy new top mounts when you do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Oh ok I can’t just get the shocks and springs off an elite model and swap the whole unit for the ones in mine now ?
(22:nd-Feb-2021, 10:17:46)Mk101 Wrote: Oh ok I can’t just get the shocks and springs off an elite model and swap the whole unit for the ones in mine now ?

Yes you can of course.

Just remember the the springs are sperate from the shocks. & if I'm honest I'd advise you buy new rear springs leffesons are good Vauxhalls one are prone to snapping.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok thanks I’ll look into doing that then,
Do you know what the height of the new ones are compared to the Sri ones I got now ?
Are there different heights of springs ?
And are shocks all the same or different pressures and sizes ?
Thanks
I believe they are slightly different depending on engine.

The SRI springs are 10mm shorter (hence I suggested you retain the SRI springs).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old member returns Big Dave2 2 1,131 17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
  a new member short introduction azajus 4 4,289 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:21:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New member Alex97lewis 4 3,699 17:th-Nov-2020, 10:48:59
Last Post: Alex97lewis
  Hi from a new member Chickenstu 2 3,198 16:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:21
Last Post: Chickenstu
  New member MrCrunchy 1 5,339 13:th-Sep-2020, 07:26:30
Last Post: Rusty2009