Switch to desktop version  
new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome & Site news (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction Area (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri (/showthread.php?tid=4897)

new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Mk101 - 16:th-Feb-2021

hi everyone 
new to the site and finding how to post a question nearly made me buy a new ipad lol 
i am looking to firstly change my suspension on my astra j sri 1.7 i think aircraft landings are softer then these things lol.
i think i got 17 inch alloys i not had the car long and to be fair its been a nightmare so far as the spec dont match up to anything iv seen online. and custom wiring and left cut wires i found under trims ect.
but i want to change the suspension to a bit softer landing and if i didnt find out that sri are so low i thought i had broken springs lol.
in short can anyone help with what options i got to get softer suspension and higher up ? 
thanks for listening to me waffle on lol 
i may ask in another question if i can find a post question tab again on the mismatch interior of my sri/eco no button/stop/start ? what when i turn the key lol wonderful invention lol. leather interior not on any spec options on vauxhall 
thanks

RE: new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Rusty2009 - 22:nd-Feb-2021

You can go SE or Elite trim shocks.

RE: new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Jpbroad1970 - 22:nd-Feb-2021

I'm thinking doing SE/ELITE ones on my sri

RE: new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Mk101 - 22:nd-Feb-2021

Thanks rusty for that and Jp yeah I wouldn’t mind some of the auto lights and wipers and I do have to get more of a bounce in this motor lol. So do I just change the whole unit ? Shocks and springs if I get them from a breakers ? Or do I have to change bits separately?

Buy the elite shocks and swap the spring over as the are 10mm shorter on the SRI.

in terms of the front buy new top mounts when you do it.

Oh ok I can’t just get the shocks and springs off an elite model and swap the whole unit for the ones in mine now ?

(22:nd-Feb-2021, 10:17:46)Mk101 Wrote: Oh ok I can’t just get the shocks and springs off an elite model and swap the whole unit for the ones in mine now ?

Yes you can of course.

Just remember the the springs are sperate from the shocks. & if I'm honest I'd advise you buy new rear springs leffesons are good Vauxhalls one are prone to snapping.

Ok thanks I’ll look into doing that then,
Do you know what the height of the new ones are compared to the Sri ones I got now ?
Are there different heights of springs ?
And are shocks all the same or different pressures and sizes ?
Thanks

RE: new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-Feb-2021

I believe they are slightly different depending on engine.

The SRI springs are 10mm shorter (hence I suggested you retain the SRI springs).