Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to a rest tech2 of possible? ing car part without

Tech2-ing to a part without rest of car.. possible?
My trailer interface module is playing up a little, some times it detects the plug insterted and will do the bulb out warning on the dash, sometimes it dosent detect the plug is insterted, 

i've 100% checked the switch in the socket is working, zero ohms when the plug is in, perfect connection when it's out (so the switch is open when plug is inserted) 

i can't talk to the TIM with the tech 2 as it says hardware mismatch or no software available... this is because my chassis number isnt one that should have a tow bar, if i try with the vin the TIM has, it still says hardware mismatch, so it must be reading a module elsewhere in the car and getting my vin from it?

so....  the TIM is on the GM-LAN, shares the data wire with the parking sensors, 
would i be able to talk to the TIM if i disconnected it's data wire and connected it directly into the Tech2's pin 1 of the diagnostic connector, with pin 4 or 5 for signal earth,   and of course power to the Tech2.. prolly via the mains adapter. 

Or do these modules need the BCM present to initiate comms? 

if so, could i change the vin in the BCM to match the TIM's one, just to do a variant set up on it, then change it back, or will i set all sorts or things off like theft protections etc? 

I notice my op-com has a button to change the TIM's vin, i tried that, it changes it to mine, but it still says hardware mismatch on the Tech2,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Program part off car gazz292 6 4,057 28:th-Apr-2018, 20:09:57
Last Post: gazz292
  Tech2-ing things in.. am i just lucky gazz292 1 2,863 20:th-Apr-2018, 20:28:34
Last Post: gazz292