Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
amp cdr400 query bluetooth

CDR400 & Bluetooth Query
Hi All, 

I'm new here and sure I'm going to appreciate all the advice you will give for the foreseeable future!

I bought a 1.4 Petrol 63 J GTC about 4 months ago but due to the terrible economy i seemed to get from it (approx 28mpg on my 50 mile motorway commute) the dealership agreed to swap it out for the diesel version. So i now have a 63 2.0 SRi Diesel which I'm much happier with and I'm getting about 45mpg now.

On the older petrol version i had (i think) a CDR 400 "something" head unit in it with full bluetooth functionality and although i have all the buttons etc in the new car, i only have the ability to connect via a cable for music and nothing for phone.

My question is, does the headunit contain all the relevant bluetooth kit to just swap out with another unit or will i find that even with another unit, I've got all the buttons but still missing some kit. I really didn't want to go with a Parrot or suchlike if i can avoid it.

Thx in advance
Hi welcome to VXOC.

All cars have the buttons many don't have the module and microphone.

Factory fitted BT can be retrofitted tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
so in that case, I'm assuming that i would need to get a cable up into the plastic central piece in the roof for the mic (if thats where it should be) and the bluetooth module itself.
then its just a case of getting the new head unit

what really annoys about this is, with the usb in and listening to music, if the phone rings the music mutes and the ringtone is through the speakers, its only when you answer the call that you have no volume... sooo frustrating
You would need a BT loom, mic in the roof yes and a BT module then programming via VCI code.

Now it depends what CD400 radio you have if it's a UZZ BT can be fitted with you having USB I would say it's the UZZ.

Where are you based?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
based near Exeter
What about if you don't have usb, and you have a normal J, not a GTC?
(6:th-Mar-2017, 20:08:51)Ripple Wrote: based near Exeter

In that case I'm the closet to you that can do the retrofit.

(6:th-Mar-2017, 22:42:27)BigAstra Wrote: What about if you don't have usb, and you have a normal J, not a GTC?

As I said above it depends what cd400 unit you have fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(7:th-Mar-2017, 08:39:49)Rusty2009 Wrote: [quote='Ripple' pid='42123' dateline='1488827331']
based near Exeter

In that case I'm the closet to you that can do the retrofit.

Well in that case, the company i work for is in the process of buying a new unit in Bournemouth and i'll be spending a fair bit of time there in the near future so we may have to bump heads at some point!!
(6:th-Mar-2017, 11:16:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: You would need a BT loom, mic in the roof yes and a BT module then programming via VCI code.

Now it depends what CD400 radio you have if it's a UZZ BT can be fitted with you having USB I would say it's the UZZ.

Where are you based?
Sorry to jump in on this if I have the UZZ Which will check soon,get the above mentioned, would I need a certain bt module and where or who could programme or get codes to do it, Cheers
Yes I'll get the part info tomorrow.

I don't anyone up Scotland that does retrofits tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks very much rusty,the black courtesy one I'm getting think comes with mic, there's an independent Vauxhall dealer near me Will see what he could do, also a salesman for Arnold Clark gave me a number of his m8 who's service manager of a Vauxhall branch might be able to help if the money's right,?, someone I grew up with just found out is manager of dealership I got car from so will see,not holding out for much,if not who would be the closest to Scotland you know that could do it, thanks again
BT module part number 13353284

Microphone part number 22943126 (but if you speak with Andy from VXmods he may well have a BT kit already or you can buy the loom and mic from him)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers rusty, exact no as one looking to get bt+sat nav,do I need the power supply unit, any joy with dab P/n and the earial info...How do I contact Andy at vxmods please... I'm re-learning technology again, apologies if you feel I'm pestering you but your info and anyone elses is appreciated, thank.
Power supply do you mean the small metal box?

Ah bugger I forgot I'll look them up later for you.

www.vxmods.co.uk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi all. How do I find out which CD400 I have?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
(9:th-Mar-2017, 22:38:02)Tonsor Wrote: Hi all. How do I find out which CD400 I have?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

To see the RPO code you need to pop the unit out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers rusty,yes small metal box,came across some when looking for parts take it I'll need it, thanks for the link to andy, Cheers
This with the holder too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...Sw4CFYtXbX
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers rusty,as earlier post exact one i seen, so no power supply unit for this one then, because looking for b/t modules​ I'm also getting b/t power supply modules also that's why not sure if need the two if this makes sense, Cheers
You would only have a "power box" if you had s/s.

PM me the link and I'll have a look for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Your some help,much appreciated, will pm link ask kids to do it later for me as well as posting pics of car, writing all down in way MY brain understands then can get cracking on with stuff,thanks...... What is s/s ?
lol I have to do that for my dad to even if I get him to write it down he can't do after I walk away lol.

Pic's you say have you seen the info I put in the help section?
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...hotobucket

S/S is stop/start.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No s/s on car,so should not need power supply but will pm you link anyway, daughter doing photo bucket for me soon so will be up and running cheers for link, poor guy your dad know how he feels lol, the way i write stuff is nonsense to others but to me makes perfect sense, thanks again

(8:th-Mar-2017, 01:01:23)Collster Wrote: Thanks very much rusty,the black courtesy one I'm getting think comes with mic, there's an independent Vauxhall dealer near me Will see what he could do, also a salesman for Arnold Clark gave me a number of his m8 who's service manager of a Vauxhall branch might be able to help if the money's right,?, someone I grew up with just found out is manager of dealership I got car from so will see,not holding out for much,if not who would be the closest to Scotland you know that could do it, thanks again

(14:th-Mar-2017, 00:41:25)Collster Wrote: No s/s on car,so should not need power supply but will pm you link anyway, daughter doing photo bucket for me soon so will be up and running cheers for link, poor guy your dad know how he feels lol, the way i write stuff is nonsense to others but to me makes perfect sense, thanks again
Hopefully get this one as soon as then i know it's there ,then get loom,mic,fit it,then worry or sort out programming later, cheers rusty
Hi guys, I know this an old thread but if I bought the BT module and the microphone, will all the wiring already be in my car? ( I have a 2010, diesel sri).
Thanks.
(24:th-Mar-2018, 21:45:07)Gavinj87 Wrote: Hi guys, I know this an old thread but if I bought the BT module and the microphone, will all the wiring already be in my car? ( I have a 2010, diesel sri).
Thanks.

I've found a car yet that has any of the BT wiring in place if it didn't come out the factory with it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth Aux options??? Schiffers 6 3,575 14:th-Oct-2019, 16:27:24
Last Post: Schiffers
  M072/ Bluetooth/Torque issue CraigSRi 5 4,926 19:th-Jan-2018, 15:31:14
Last Post: CraigSRi
  Bluetooth - what are my options with infinty sound Tricky631 2 4,077 4:th-Jan-2017, 22:55:53
Last Post: Rusty2009