Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
changing instrument radio and navi display larger

Navi radio and larger instrument display changing
The meriva B is a strange car... part can bus, and uses Tech2 for programming, it never made it to GDS2 till the 2015 model year aparantly,

I've just borrowed some money and bought a clone tech2, my car being a S10 (2011) is covered by the last offline version of globaltis,

No idea with the speed limiter switch, if if was a meriva option then there may be a way to get it to work.. but the meriva dosent have a lot of things the astra's have, but other things it has they dont have...

The rear doors open backwards.. flex / suicide doors, so there's 3 locking mechanisms in them. proximity detectors in the inner handles and a load of electronic stuff monitoring them with a warning light in the speedo for a fault with them... globaltis keeps making big warnings about working on almost anything in the car can interact with the 'flex door' operation,

It says the flexdoor safety features must be thourghly tested after replacing any modules (drive faster than 4mph and make sure the rear doors inner handle disconnect (locking type noise) and the green light in them goes out and no flex-door warning light on the dash, make sure the rear handles re-engage when handbrake is applied and all that.

RE: the auto dim mirror...

Meriva's dont have that socket behind the interior lights astra's have, you need to run 3 wires up there if you want the full auto dim install.. power, earth and revers light input... to turn off auto dimming in reverse.

I have ran an extra wire for the rain sensor with my mirror loom i made up (needs power, earth and GMLan connections, power and earth are same as mirror ones)

i'm going to connect into the BCM plugs as if it were factory fitted, and when i get a rain sensor and auto light switch i will fit them and enable them in the bcm (hopefully, if the tech2 works.. if not i'll turn the car into a brick)

I have a tow bar and module, but not the wiring between the module and the car...

for factory fit, it's 2 wires to the rear fuse box (NOT a REC on these cars) (but that requires adding terminals to the fuse box... micro or junior power timer terminals) and a wire up to the BCM for GMLan connection (the low speed can bus that talks to the modules) also a connection to the brake light circuit... as that's not controlled directly by the can bus. and 3 earths.

then it needs programing into the car,

Tow module wiring:
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13333916.pdf
Tow bar fitting:
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/93199864.pdf

btw, the meriva you need to take the front bumper off as part of installing the tow bar!!! lol... it's to remove some baffle pads in the grills that reduce airflow to the intercooler and radiator... i'll do that when i take the front bumper off to fit the parking sensors... my trailer is a little 350 kilo max load one (one of those duo trailers that come appart and store on their side on little wheels) so i doubt i'll overload the engine and need the extra cooling.. if i was towing a caravan then of course i'd remove the baffles straight away.

If i'm still allowed on this site now i'm buying my own tech2.... ( i promise i will NOT divulge anything i learn that rusty does as part of what he does here, i will not offer to do any work for other people or owt like that... unless having a tech2 is the only way a meriva B can be programmed and i get permission off rusty to do so... i'm based in the north east anyway... but this is his site and his knowledge has figured out how to do things vauxhall don't want you to do, and i have the utmost respect for him managing to figure these things out)

Anyway, if i don't get booted, i'll update you on how things go and what i learn as i play with my car, i've already done a little on the dashboard upgrade, but still have some issues to fix:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Navi radio and larger instrument display changing - by gazz292 - 7:th-Mar-2018, 00:16:26

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cd 400 upgrade to navi 600 need help goose9029 6 4,222 14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
Last Post: Rusty2009
  vin relearn navi 600 geoffp 1 1,711 5:th-Jul-2021, 15:38:22
Last Post: livo
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 21,427 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Insignia odometer is locked mileage no display Robsterw1980 1 1,776 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:14:20
  Navi 950 retrofit to Buick Encore vibalt 3 8,248 21:st-Jul-2020, 19:02:30
  navi 500 programming tzr608 14 10,944 15:th-Mar-2020, 23:15:54
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  IPC Upper Display Speedo Upgrade BL25 1 2,707 6:th-Sep-2019, 12:48:30
  Navi 950 intellilink centre dash speaker Kdun 4 3,872 13:th-Feb-2019, 08:12:21
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,436 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Options to replace Navi 400 in 62 plate Astra Atarius 7 6,566 12:th-Sep-2018, 07:04:30

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
dawid926 (24:th-May-2023, 12:15:11), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:19:52), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:12:10)