Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
pipe what please help leak the urgent is oil

URGENT HELP PLEASE - What is the pipe / oil leak
Hey guys

I have a astra J 62 1.7 diesel.

I noticed today a suction / hiss noise. Looked in my engine and saw duct tape wrapped around a pipe and could feel air escaping, this was obvs put there to try patch it and then there was oil residue over it / over my radiator fan / surrounding arwas as if it's be spraying it out.

(Will attach video links)

Video 1:The duct tape over pipe
https://youtu.be/_0Ciw7VBhrs

1) Could someone please tell me what this pipe is / does?

2) Is the oil residue and this air leak linked together.

3) Is this an easy fix or not?

Thanks guys any help would be truly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
You need a new intercooler pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body mate and yeah they are both linked. If you are mechanically minded then yeah it will be an easy fix just a bit footery and maybe end up with skin off the knuckles lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Hey lain.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I Co side myself fairly mechanically minded but I always like to do some research before I have ago. Do you know if this is an urgent fix or can I hold off until weekend?

No problem, It may go into limp mode (service vehicle soon) message will illuminate but it is running ok just now you may be ok but to be honest I would recommend replacing it ASAP as you don't want it to go into limp mode on a motorway etc if it was me I would do it right away to be honest due to the state of the hose mate and for peace of mind.

Hey Lain

Sorry to be a pain mate, but do you have a rough idea on how it is done. Not asking for an essay. But just a rough idea as im assuming the bumper is going to have to come off.

Any help is appreciated pal.

Hi mate due to not have having the exact engine as yours I'll not be able to give you exact detail but for doing the pipe yeah I would take the bumper off for more access as well as taking the under tray off, you will need to disconnect the pipe from the throttle body which is the bit I have circled in the photo and remove it from the intercooler itself but be careful taking it off the intercooler as there will be viton rings there on the intercooler, basically a o ring and the last thing you want as dropping that into the intercooler as it's part of a radiator pack which could mean having to remove the radiator and a.c if you have it if it falls inside to get it out, when disconnecting the pipe just make sure nothing else is clipped etc to it and you will be ok. It will take a bit of time if your doing it on the ground but will be worth it saving you garage fees.

Also here is a thread on removing the bumper if you haven't done it before.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...r-Facelift

Hey true legend appreciate u going and and taking pictures to help me out. Thanks again

Can I ask, i think i have the same problem just bought an astra j, 2011 1.7 diesel and think i have the same l leak which seems to be coming from somewhere around this pipe, will chaging the pipe fix the oil leak? The pipe looks pretty good so wondering if its maybe just a seal? Or if it's even from the pipe as it doesnt seem to be a pipe that takes oil, just topped up the car out and it seems to be a bit worse.
Thanks
(20:th-Jan-2020, 21:43:41)Gordonk Wrote: Can I ask, i think i have the same problem just bought an astra j, 2011 1.7 diesel  and think i have the same l leak which seems to be coming from somewhere around this pipe, will chaging the pipe fix the oil leak? The pipe looks pretty good so wondering if its maybe just a seal? Or if it's even from the pipe as it doesnt seem to be a pipe that takes oil, just topped up the car out and it seems to be a bit worse.
Thanks

It's normally the seal but it comes as complete unit so has to be replaced.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the reply I've just taken the pipe off at the top and given it a good clean and poped it back on to seeing it helps, seems to be a fair bit of oil in there is that normal ?
Hi there,

Is the hose broken ?
If not the seal needs to be changed. The issue with the Opel/Vauxhall is that the seal (oil ring) comes only with the hose.
Search for TOPRAN 9830164 (502 719) it's the oil ring seal from BMW and it's the same diameter , it's suits perfectly, only if the hose is not damaged.

https://www.euautopiese.ro/piesa/topran/9830164

Best Regards,
Hey guys sorry for not posting update. Mine was they pipe there was a slit split in it, the whole pipe was replaced but via Vauxhall as it clearly was sold to me like like this as the car was only a few months old and thwre was duct tape aroubd it thatbi never put there, but had to do some.emailing and cc ing the ceo to get this done.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(3:rd-Mar-2020, 11:33:44)alexandrufalfan Wrote: Hi there,

Is the hose broken ?
If not the seal needs to be changed. The issue with the Opel/Vauxhall is that the seal (oil ring) comes only with the hose.
Search for TOPRAN 9830164 (502 719) it's the oil ring seal from BMW and it's the same diameter , it's suits perfectly, only if the hose is not damaged.

https://www.euautopiese.ro/piesa/topran/9830164

Best Regards,
Hey mate,

Can you tell me where this O ring actually goes, because the end (top end you can see at the top of the engine bay) that connects to the throttle body / EGR , is locked in place with a clip and clamp. Does it connect directly onto the intercooler in behind the bumper?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT HELP - UNDERTRAY back on everson38 7 5,776 10:th-Jan-2018, 03:38:21
Last Post: Iaintruten

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Dominattor (26:th-Oct-2023, 21:41:34)