Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
pedal box fitted

Pedal Box Fitted

Got a second hand PedalBox from eBay for £70. Fitted it today and i must say what a difference in accelerator response. Road was a bit wet from the earlier rain and it was slipping tyres like never before
Cant wait for a nice dry day to try out all the settings. One point though, as i was plugging the PedalBox in i noticed a couple of loose plugs under the dash at the Accelerator side, couldn't see anywhere that they might have came loose from. Anyone any ideas of what they could be for? I'll try and get a couple of pictures of them, one of them is a kind of lime green colours and is quite small 
If it's a green plug and a black plug they are for the DAB module.

The peddle box is great I keep min on sport and +3 I've tried the sport+ and that just lights the wheels up when you want to pull away quick.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(6:th-Nov-2017, 10:37:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: If it's a green plug and a black plug they are for the DAB module.

The peddle box is great I keep min on sport and +3 I've tried the sport+ and that just lights the wheels up when you want to pull away quick.

Yeah thats exactly what colour they are. I assume looking at other retro fit stuff i would need to get a code if i were to purchase a module and plug it in?
Yes but it depends what radio you have fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(6:th-Nov-2017, 18:07:45)usty2009 Wrote: Yes but it depends what radio you have fitted.

CD500 Navi. Was looking at your retro fit section and was out hunting the car back and forth looking for those wee stud things that folk were talking about on the windows, its just kinda dawned on me. Is it the rear (side) windows on the Astra estate that have them and not the actual tailgate rear window? I have small black tab fixings connecting to lines which i assumed was a window heater.

Driver Rear 1

Driver Rear 2

Passenger Rear 1

Passenger Rear 2

As you can see the rear side window has one tab that the passenger side window hasn't. Not sure how significant these are or if they are even the things i'm looking for. I also have the shark fin on the roof. If i am goind to be doing one mod them this is the one coz FM and RDS sucks. Station jumping all the time because where i live is right on the catchment zone of two local radio stations.
Yes that's them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
in the second picture, the upper connector is the one for DAB.
If you can get the trim loose enough you will find that the connector is a blank, it has about 3cm of cable but does not actually connect to anything - its just there to look pretty!!
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pedal sensor learn. Richiew1986 0 1,291 22:nd-Jul-2021, 16:53:31
Last Post: Richiew1986
  Pedal box andiman t 2 3,077 6:th-Feb-2018, 13:58:49
Last Post: marcus01
  Astra J Clutch pedal loose abba34 6 8,431 16:th-Sep-2017, 00:11:26
Last Post: slavenK
  Fitted rear led lights, now bulb warning issues twinpipes 3 4,583 27:th-Jul-2017, 21:02:41
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Pedal box remote location Jon_es 11 6,051 15:th-Jun-2017, 13:25:25
Last Post: Jon_es
Astra J 2013 2.0 - looking to buy pedal box and tuning box! tinkiwinki 18 11,752 11:th-Mar-2017, 18:58:15
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  New rear dics and pads fitted nice easy job![emoji16] Force1378 0 3,462 8:th-Dec-2016, 20:12:40
Last Post: Force1378
  ECU Remap or Pedal Box bradhiggy 4 4,844 1:st-Nov-2016, 14:08:31
Last Post: bradhiggy
  Pedal box Scoobysn7x 13 7,420 12:th-Sep-2016, 16:09:54
Last Post: marcus
  Pedal Box tina r 3 3,536 24:th-Aug-2016, 18:33:03
Last Post: tucpal